Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jukeboxblues posted:

I don' think that problem is limited to goons. Every idiot that doesn't really like movies says that. But then they have retarded opinions like thinking face/off is good but not in the ironic way.

there's an unironic way to like Face/off????

i don't believe it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nefarious posted:

kiss kiss bang bang is prob my fav comedy

that's a really good movie, tho i haven't seen it for almost a decade so idk how it holds up now. In Brudges is also one of my favorite dark comedy, and i rewatched it recently and still really liked it.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 25, 2015

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A misanthrope posted:

memento and the prestige were really good

dark knight was good but just because of the joker

fix that. though i really did not like inception at all, probably because it was super overhyped and when i saw it I was really disappointed. but memento and prestige were good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A misanthrope posted:

:hf:
i couldn't get into the prestige enough to watch tge whole thing for some reason, but a lot of people like it

I guess to each their own there--i think prestige was the last good standalone movie nolan did. i managed to sit through inception but i was pretty sour on the whole thing.

Though this was like 9 years ago when i saw it so maybe it wasn't as good as i think it was. Like I tried rewatching Equilibrium which i used to love in a cheesy-way in the early 00s but I found I couldn't really finish it again.

e: man holy gently caress time flies. I watched waaaaaaaaaay too many movies from like 98 to 07.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 25, 2015

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gone Baptizin posted:

i liked how all the goons loved children of men but turned on it when they found out it had a bf or whatever the hell goons hate women for

huh? when did goons turn on it? CoM is pretty well universally liked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

What's the goon consensus on Prometheus and Terminator Genisys? Because if you liked either of those I'm okay with you dying in front of me.

goons hate prometheus--except some weird CD goons like SMG

dunno about genisys

• Locked thread