Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tristan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Naming my kid ninja gayden

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Ashleigh Franklynn Delanoe Rosavelt the Third Hashtag Doodypants

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Clipperton posted:

i like the puritan thing of naming girls after virtues, like faith, hope, charity (i like charity a lot), grace, prudence etc

There are a lot of Asian (esp Korean) girls with names like these because they're all crazy fundies or recruited by some when they come to the US.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
A family member named her three boys Caleb, Gavin, and Brayden. They are super cute kids, but I dont know how they dont grow up to be complete douchebags in a fraternity together.

bon ape tit
Aug 7, 2011
Mackenzy or however the gently caress its spelled

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

angerbeet posted:

Neveah, it's heaven backwards, get it?

No I don't know why heaven backwards is a good thing i'm just asking if you get it

One of my old coworkers didn't even bother doing that and just named her kid Heaven. I also knew some twins named Princess and Precious.

TheFuglyStik
Mar 7, 2003

Attention-starved & smugly condescending, the hipster has been deemed by
top scientists as:
"The self-important, unemployable clowns of the modern age."

max4me posted:

I know a lady named her kid jaxon. Which bugs me.

No lie, I personally know three kids between the ages of 3-8 with that exact spelling. And every parent thought it was the most original thing ever.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010
the new windows 10 ad has a kid named Milan, I guess that's the new Paris?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I know a Camdyn, a bright little girl who doesn't deserve the stupid name her parents saddled her with

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Tane

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

This year I have students with fairly common names, but there is a Maverick (which is p cool) and a few of the Aiden, Raiden, Gayden variants. If your mom named you from reading mommy blogs or Pinterest, please change your name legally at 18.

Last year was the worst. Had a "Sailor Moon Last name" and a bunch of girls with made-up names ending in "-eah".

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

"Lachlan"

why would you do that to your child

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Clipperton posted:

i like the puritan thing of naming girls after virtues, like faith, hope, charity (i like charity a lot), grace, prudence etc

i have a boy tho so my never-conceived ghost daughter dodged a bullet there

What percentage of your yearly income did you blow in strip clubs in your mid 20s?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

puppet pal mitch posted:

my roommate has four daughters named heiley, haizil, trinity and brecklynn lol

Rest of thread is bad but this is another level

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Aida Fly

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

you were warned posted:

Is naming kids quaint old names also an obnoxious trend by now? I have to admit that if I ever had a daughter, I'd kinda want to name her Beatrix, because I love that name and she'd hate me for it her whole life.

i have an old person name too, i don't think it's part of a larger trend though

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hello this is my young child, Ethel.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

you were warned posted:

Is naming kids quaint old names also an obnoxious trend by now? I have to admit that if I ever had a daughter, I'd kinda want to name her Beatrix, because I love that name and she'd hate me for it her whole life.

Bae-trix

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

You gotta be making GBS threads me

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Dreylad posted:

Leni

google Leni and see what the first result is

I tried but it autocorrected to Lenin

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

YeahTubaMike posted:

In 70 years children will being going to visit grandma Caytlinn.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Esmeralda Sylvanas
Zero
Ori
Siobhan Morgaine (I actually really like Siobhan as a name when it's spelled properly)
Phoenix

All of the above are actual things my former coworkers have named their children

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeerds :argh:

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Hello this is my young child, Ethel.

We should set up a play date with my girls Hortense and Gertrude! I'm sure they'll all get along famously :)

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
"unique" names make it easier to keep trash people out of the workforce though

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I used to know a dude named Paladin

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

angerbeet posted:

Neveah, it's heaven backwards, get it?

No I don't know why heaven backwards is a good thing i'm just asking if you get it

do you remember that girl Rehtaeh Parsons who killed herself due to cyberbulling

maybe she did it because her name was heather spelled backwards

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

R.I.P. Heather Snosrap

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Been meeting a lot of kids called 'lottie' recently. Not Charlotte - just loving Lottie. My brothers neighbours have a child called Hugo and a dog called Ludo and kid screams all the time and the dog barks all the time.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

TheKennedys posted:

Siobhan Morgaine (I actually really like Siobhan as a name when it's spelled properly)

It's just the Irish version of Joan/Joanne though.

Stick to a language you know when picking a name, so you don't end up saying it like a retard who just saw something that they thought looked unique.

e: at least it actually is a name.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 26, 2015

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZBaJAngH8

If I ever have children, and survive my suicide attempts thereafter, I'd want to give them names like John and Mary and their classmates would be like "wtf kind of name is John"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Best new white people names: Fartyn, Splayden, Gaymen, Asspin, Diddlen, Cracklinn, Toodlin, Scroodlin, Pootan, Queefen, Fappen, Squeezyn, Shatten, Scrotan, Melanoid

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

King Vidiot posted:

Fartyn, Splayden, Gaymen, Asspin, Diddlen, Cracklinn, Toodlin, Scroodlin, Pootan, Queefen, Fappen, Squeezyn, Shatten, Scrotan, another

He's tearin' you apart
Every, every day
He's tearin' you apart
Oh girl what can you say?
Cause he's lovin', touchin' another
Now it's your turn girl to cry
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na
Na na na na na na
Na na na na na

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

burritolingus posted:

Le-a. Pronounced "Ledasha" because "the dash ain't silent!"

I remember one of the old PYF lovely name threads used to probate people who posted "-" names claiming it was just a racist joke.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

A Buttery Pastry posted:

An accomplished producer, writer, actor, dancer, and author, not to mention one of the most innovative directors of the 20th century.

prospective employers will definitely notice this and not the movie with the swastika on it

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Thinking about Rohan for my boy who is due in October. Also thinking about Ronan, Reinhart, Ronald and Ryeland.

I like that Clive.

How bout
Lars?
Olaf?
Sauren?

That's the three boys of my wife's second cousins.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think so. We we're considering Ulssyes and one point but ditched it because of that.

DiHK fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 26, 2015

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Xenu

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
There's a kid in my son's daycare named Steeler. I've overheard the kids calling him "Swiper" and telling him "No Swiping!" On several occasions.

My kid's name is Grant. I'm not sure how they tease him.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Unguided posted:

I remember one of the old PYF lovely name threads used to probate people who posted "-" names claiming it was just a racist joke.

Yes. That's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

DiHK posted:

How bout
Lars?
Olaf?
Sauren?

I knew a kid named Sorin who had Romanian parents or something, that was a cool name

• Locked thread