Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Chayd its like Chad but classy as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I feel kinda bad for kids whose parents try to be creative with names and gently caress them out of ever finding a tourist trap knicknack with their name on it.

I know people with a kid named Blayde and another one that they're going to name Bronx. I guess I can give them credit for that one being an actual name even if it's not a people name.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dacron with Techron

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
The challenge of naming babies now is this:

Do I reject the absurdity of the current naming trends and pick an old rear end name like William

or

Just name the little poo poo Jayden and be done with it. Mediocrity for a mediocre lad. You've failed me, boy.

or

Do I acknowledge the current naming craziness and try to anticipate the NEXT awful naming trend so my kid's ahead of the game? Meet my son, his name is Brompden.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Rough Lobster posted:

The challenge of naming babies now is this:

Do I reject the absurdity of the current naming trends and pick an old rear end name like William

or

Just name the little poo poo Jayden and be done with it. Mediocrity for a mediocre lad. You've failed me, boy.

or

Do I acknowledge the current naming craziness and try to anticipate the NEXT awful naming trend so my kid's ahead of the game? Meet my son, his name is Brompden.

In the future we all use biblical names on messages boards but message board names in real life.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Lord of Pie posted:

I feel kinda bad for kids whose parents try to be creative with names and gently caress them out of ever finding a tourist trap knicknack with their name on it.

I know people with a kid named Blayde and another one that they're going to name Bronx. I guess I can give them credit for that one being an actual name even if it's not a people name.

lmao shawanda sounds like some starving african country

anyway, my entry is jimmy carter

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Rough Lobster posted:

Sounds like a GoT name.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know a guy who seriously named his four sons after the Ninja Turtles. They are up to six kids now and I blocked his feed on Facebook out of spite.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I taught third grade for two years, up until I decided I wasn't crazy about teaching and changed jobs. My '13 class had a "Bear" and my '14 class had a "Baer". no third grader can live up to a name like that.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Cooper. For a girl.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Inzombiac posted:

I know a guy who seriously named his four sons after the Ninja Turtles. They are up to six kids now and I blocked his feed on Facebook out of spite.

So wait what are the other two names? This is important.

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

Pudding Huxtable posted:

April and Casey Jones got lucky.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Pudding Huxtable posted:

I hope it's Keno and Krang

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

winter.mute posted:

the new windows 10 ad has a kid named Milan, I guess that's the new Paris?

Milan is a common Slavic name (e.g. Milan Kundera), so even if the parents did actually name them after the city the kid can at least lie about being named after their Czech great grandfather or something.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I hope I have twins so I can name them Itchy and Scratchy

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

spacemang_spliff posted:

I hope I have twins so I can name them Itchy and Scratchy

Don't shame my ball's names plz

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Robbie Fowler posted:

well considering Newport is a cigarette brand and Propecia and Sinutab are pharmaceuticals I'm thinking maybe this chart isn't accurate

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Robbie Fowler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1nGjGM2p8

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

How did Madison end up a girl's name, anyways? It's a patronymic that gained prominence because it was the surname of a founding father.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Assorted white people I know in real life have named children the following atrocities:

Zayden and Zilah (siblings)
Andromeda
Nixon
Anakin and Arwen (siblings)
Aubrey
Autumn Skye
Kahlan
Kortlynn
Blu
Easton
Hayzley
Aberdeen

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Shithouse Dave posted:

Assorted white people I know in real life have named children the following atrocities:

Zayden and Zilah (siblings)
Andromeda
Nixon
Anakin and Arwen (siblings)
Aubrey
Autumn Skye
Kahlan
Kortlynn
Blu
Easton
Hayzley
Aberdeen

There's a kid in Scotland somewhere whose name is New York City

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Aberdeen's a shithole anyway, should've named the kid Edinburgh instead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I know a white trash lady named her daughter Armani. Armani, like the suits. She was also considering Diamondez. :rolleyes:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
idk who you people know giving their kids these weird names. I'm naming my son finbarr.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I think most of y'all are just lying about this poo poo.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I know a baby human named Atreyu

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Stottie Kyek posted:

Aberdeen's a shithole anyway, should've named the kid Edinburgh instead.

Little Aberdeen is a nice kid with an unfortunate mum. Both her parents are from New Zealand, but they currently live in California. Her mum wanted to put her in beauty pageants for a while, but the family made so much fun of the idea that she didn't. I'm glad, cause Aberdeen has a hella lazy eye. Being a nice kid is way more important than wearing fancy rear end dresses and winning best in show at baby Cruft's anyway.

Forgot to include her brother's name. Ayston. Pronounced like the Aston in Aston Martin.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Persephone Merlin Lastname
Wendolynn
Sylvania
Anomar (her mom's name backwards)
Thor
Jeshua
Graygorie

I've heard Mexico has a non-zero number of Gokus, as well as English spellings with Spanish pronunciation like Jim becoming "Yim."

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
My brother is a retard. His sons are named Ashleigh and Lennox.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

peanut posted:

Wendolynn
Sylvania
Thor
Jeshua
Graygorie

I've heard Mexico has a non-zero number of Gokus, as well as English spellings with Spanish pronunciation like Jim becoming "Yim."

thor and regional variations thereof (thorben, etc) is a perfectly normal name...

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

I wish I had been born with a normal name.
- Elmo Aoba

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

peanut posted:

Wendolynn
Sylvania
Thor
Jeshua
Graygorie

there's nothing wrong with thor, it's been in use for millennia

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Nokia

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

Batterypowered7 posted:

How do you guys feel about Kendal? Personally can't stand the name.

I met a chick with this name and she was pretty cool. so I have to say im ok with it.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Also I'm guessing you guys are giving out names of friends' children, or children's friends. How do you all know so many children? I dont know if names that come from lovely media or made up vowel vomit is worse. Why don't you find a solid name from those baby lists. YOUR CHILD HAS TO GET A JOB AT SOME POINT

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Lord of Pie posted:

Sinutab :downs: I get it.

EvilHobo
Dec 28, 2008
With recent naming trends, science fiction character names become more plausible by the day.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

I met two trashy losers who named their daughter Ireland and their son Irish.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

EvilHobo posted:

With recent naming trends, science fiction character names become more plausible by the day.

I'm going to name all my children after the taken from The Black Company

Soulcatcher
Shapeshifter
The Howler
The Faceless (or Nameless) Man
Bonegnasher
Stormbringer
The Hanged Man
The Limper
Moonbiter
Nightcrawler

"Little Bonegnasher is getting his first haircut today, and Hanged Man's school play is tonight!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Stingly
Sep 1, 2001

Satanic cop-killing henchman with a heart of gold
Godric. Parents are both crazy idiot white people.

• Locked thread