Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

you were warned posted:

Is naming kids quaint old names also an obnoxious trend by now? I have to admit that if I ever had a daughter, I'd kinda want to name her Beatrix, because I love that name and she'd hate me for it her whole life.

i have an old person name too, i don't think it's part of a larger trend though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Randarkman posted:

Want to see kids with these names: [...] Zenobia,

i named my fire emblem awakening avatar this

quote:

Ermessinde

i named one of my pokemon this. it was the cactus-looking one in pokemon black, i think.

anyway if you want to give anyone special snowflake names, you should give them to video game characters instead because video game characters don't have to go to school or write resumes or anything

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
countee cullen was a famous black author, so at least that name has some vague history, even if it's still pretty weird

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

jet sanchEz posted:

I have my first child coming in February and I really like the names Roy or Bruce but my girlfriend hates them both.

Help

combine them, name him royce

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

SciFiDownBeat posted:

In middle school I knew a girl named "Asteracea." She told me she was named after the favorite flower of her grandmother (daisies belong to the family "asteraceae"). So that's kind of sweet I guess.

if daisies are in the asteraceae family, why not just name her daisy like a normal person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Bismuth posted:

I had a great grandma or aunt or something named Dagmar, we should bring that back its kickass.

old norse names are awesome. i know someone whose wife/daughter/female relative of some kind is named vónbjørt and i think it's the coolest.

• Locked thread