Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
I heard a classification where millenials are the people who were between the ages of 10 and 20 on 9/11 and the younger ones are "digital natives", probably to differentiate the ones growing up with omnipresent social media

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

lol

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Lufiron posted:

this is funny because actual rich people i know irl wax poetic about the virtues of a high quality well tailored suit

you hang around the wrong kind of rich people

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

NESguerilla posted:

Being debt free (or maybe something small like a car loan) is the only way to live with any sort of peace of mind.

nah a mortgage on a small apartment is not too bad as long as you live somewhere where housing prices are guaranteed to not to drop and are overwhelmingly likely to increase

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

good luck finding any desirable property in any city worth a poo poo that hasn't been snatched up by cash buyers and then rented for more than the mortgage cost

well, I found just that so yay me I guess

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

p skeptical it's in a city anyone wants to live in

oslo, which is a pretty horrible place to live if you hate hot women who pay for their own drinks and gently caress on the first date

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

you're not a man if you don't pay for a woman's drinks sorry fella

m'lady

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah that isn't a "m'lady" thing

if I'm out with a girl who's still in university or whatever then I'll pay for sure, but insisting to pay if i'm out with a girl who actually makes money because "I'm the man" is just weird and definitely a "m'lady" thing in this part of the world, but I know things are different in the US and I have no doubt that's how Claude Wayne himself seduced Natasha back in the day

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

nah the m'lady types are MRAs and would expect a woman to pay since if she wants things equal she must pay.

check your privilege next time and realize men have it easier than women and the scale should be balanced at some points.

haha oh my god it's worse than I thought

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
well, on the plus side, by putting all that out in the open, their stupid can of repressed homosexuality is effectively impervious to satire

I mean what can you say to ridicule them that they don't already openly admit to?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

raise the voting age to 35

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Rondette posted:

God I want to see photos from this wedding to laugh at.

in the meantime you can laugh at this hilarious video he made when he ran for congress in 2012 (he got 3.8% in the ohio democratic primaries)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOsJaidn_bQ

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So is it just a rich boy thing that they have everything done for them and therefore feel immasculated, and feel the need to grow the beard and have MAN RAZORS and MAN CLOTHES and MAN WINE

mandles - candles for men

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
oh sorry the tagline is actually candles on testosterone

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

Also, yeah, everyone thinks they're better off than they are--that they belong in the next class up. So they spend their money on poo poo that those kinds of people would buy.

that's why I spend all my money on NES memorabilia

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
edit: ah gently caress it

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Mad Monk posted:

added: Holy Christ those lamps! fuckin' millennials :argh:

dude's pushing 40, for once a legitimate gen x-er

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
nononono Bobby, don't do that, that's the way of the Negro, only do stuff from this list of approved white behavior, living your life like this is called anti-racism and it is very progressive you see

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

symbolic posted:

if you don't think water is bland, i don't know what to tell you besides maybe you're autistic

also water is only inferior to everything else in terms of taste. as i said it's probably the healthiest thing you can eat or drink, it's the most cost-effective, and it's the most readily available.

it all starts out normal, but in a shocking turn of events that will send chills down your spine, it's actually the guy who doesn't "like" water who's autistic!

all this and more in RL Stine's "the loving retard who only drank pepsi max"

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

:byodame: :Sugar is the enemy! Remove all SUgar from diet, now! DO it!
:byodood: :But Some type of sugar is needed to sustain all life as we know it.
:byodame: :Wrong! NO. NO! NO! NO! NONONONONONO DOn't you try to diet shame me!
:byodood: :No I'm not, I'm just trying to have a reasona.....
:byodame: :I'M OFFENDED!

I understand the point you're trying to make, but there actually is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate

any reasonable diet should include a decent percentage, but unlike vitamins, mineral and essential amino acids and fats, it's not strictly necessary to sustain life, your body can to a large extent convert to burning ketone bodies and FFAs and synthesize glucose from certain amino acids and odd-numbered fatty acids

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Marta Velasquez posted:

This is the same thread where we learned that apples are evil cancer carriers, right?

lol, do you think fruit juice is healthy? are you literally retarded?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
unless you have scurvy, orange juice is about as healthy as coca cola

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Why must you troll so thoroughly?

I hate two things in this world - fat + everything that leads to it, and the rolex yachtmaster II

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

I thought you said you needed fat to survive

I don't hate the macronutrient, I hate the human condition

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

neonbregna posted:

What about this new fangled diet Orange juice?

wtf is that?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

symbolic posted:

are you, per chance, a member of Overweight Haters Ltd.?

lol id rather be fat than live in britain

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

JB50 posted:

Theyre just as fat as Americans though.

luckily i live in oslo, norway

i see a few around but i don't know the name of a single fat person

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

symbolic posted:

have you burned down a church yet

the one near me is stone

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

symbolic posted:

how much is gasoline in Oslo?

around 14-15kr/l ($6.5/gallon)

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

I hate yankees posted:

What's the average mpg in the cars there?

45-50 or so maybe

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

notZaar posted:

Well of course not, you're in the city. Go to NYC and you'll also have a hard time finding the fabled American Landwhale.

nah, plenty of fat people there even if you discount all the obvious tourists around times square

cambridge was reasonably fat free though, boston not so much

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
no mention of whether it's gluten free or if it's made with non-GMO H20

0/10 would not buy/drink

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
I know a guy who used CH16 to broadcast Alan Jackson

he was a retard

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
why would you use snapchat for anything other than sexting your hookups? like what would possibly be the point?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Jim Barris posted:

couldn't of

nice millennial grammar human being

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

notZaar posted:

Tribology is the science of contact and friction.

i bet your mom is professor emerita

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

nomadologique posted:

in europe ppl regularly live with their parents into their 30s

this is the society we are envious of

that's italy

well i guess it's technically europe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012