Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

If that's the best DS9 scene Im glad I never tried to get into the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Premeditated Toast posted:

Drop a scoop of vanilla ice cream in that poo poo :cmon:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Premeditated Toast posted:

Drop a scoop of vanilla ice cream in that poo poo :cmon:

Doing that tonight!

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

NienNunb posted:

Doing that tonight!

I'm rooting for ya

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

If that's the best DS9 scene Im glad I never tried to get into the show

Be fair it was the 90s and compared to the big Star Trek show running alongside it (Voyager) it came across as downright radical.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

man op its about drat time. OP did you know you can pour equal amounts of root beer and milk into a cup (glass or plastic or paper, really doesnt matter) and its almost exactly the same as a melted root beer float. Try it, you'll like it

God, that sounds like a weird version of the Laverne and Shirley Pepsi and milk. I tried it and it was disgusting. Root beer floats are awesome though. Hmm? Anyway, I had lovely roommates who would drink all my sodas, so my strategy was to buy something different each time until I found something no one liked, except for me, and it was root beer... Go figure.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Fishy Joe posted:

try a barqs its got bite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4DBZ2TBp-w

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
you should make real root beer

it gives you cancer but it tastes better

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rootie beer float was tasty

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

haris pilton posted:

I drank cum for the umpteenth time today.

I'm not gay btw

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Birch beer is better than root beer.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
I don't know if it's blowing up other places, but I'm sick of hearing people rave about alcoholic root beer. I figure root beer chat is as good a place as any to find out if people in other places are frothing at the mouth over this nectar of Dionysus

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
Try some of this, it's the best poo poo ever:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

NienNunb posted:

it was really good. never really liked soda but this tastes really good and I enjoyed it. Stewart's brand.

you poor bastard

why did it take so long?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Figured this out by accident, made Jagermeister not taste like anise.

Root beer is some vile and nasty poo poo, but I'll drink Jager straight, no problems.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

op get your sarsaparilla and birch beer on too. high quality sodas are the bomb too bad the 'beetus is threatenin to take my feet

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

try drinking this handy little concoction i call the "cooler" take 9 parts rootbeer and 1 part antifreeze and mix. drink every night before bed until your organs shut down.

p uncalled for

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

I like Hank's

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
birch beer is good but actual birch liquor made from birch sap is best

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

computer parts posted:

you should make real root beer

it gives you cancer but it tastes better

you can also make ecstasy out of it :eng101:

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
and fight ghosts.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TerminalSaint posted:

This is the real poo poo:

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

mind the walrus posted:

This is the real poo poo:

The creamy red is good, but a bit one-note for my taste. Their regular birch beer, however, is baller as hell.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My favorite root beer is Big Shot, a relatively cheap brand that's only available in and around New Orleans. It comes in plastic 20-ounce bottles, 2-liter bottles, and possibly cans as well, it has high fructose corn syrup instead of cane sugar, and it definitely isn't fancy.

But it's the best root beer I've ever tried, and I try to try them all. It doesn't have any herbal "bite," but is very smooth and creamy, almost like a vanilla cream soda blended with root beer. I love it, and I always beg friends to bring a bottle or two back for me when they visit New Orleans, since you can't even order it online.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
drink the real beer unless u suck the root

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

TerminalSaint posted:

The creamy red is good, but a bit one-note for my taste. Their regular birch beer, however, is baller as hell.

Let me add to this by saying the Creamy Red Birch Beer makes the best drat float known to man.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

bought root beer because of this thread

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When I hosted Japanese students, we always had them try root beer. They didn't have it or Mr. Pibb in the 90s and they all hated it. Said it tasted like medicine.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TerminalSaint posted:

No joke, this is great. Put some peanutbutter cup ice cream in and slurp up that foamy goodness. At the end you have little cups of candy and diabetes.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Inzombiac posted:

When I hosted Japanese students, we always had them try root beer. They didn't have it or Mr. Pibb in the 90s and they all hated it. Said it tasted like medicine.

This has been my experience with introducing adults to the joys of root beer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dad's root beer is gross. Barqs is best for grocery store soda.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A&W used to make a good cream soda but now it's like syrup.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
theres some like, pennsylvania dutch birch beer (amish? i think) that my high school gfs pops used to get from a beverage distribution place in great kills, it came in a yellow box i think. anywhoooo it was delicious and we always put yeagermeister in it and it was really tasty. then we realized yeagermeister was tasty on its own and drank the two separately at different times of the day.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

TerminalSaint posted:

This is good, but hard to get in the UK; their black cherry soda is off the chain though. UK goons looking for a great sarsaparilla experience should try Mr Fitzpatricks cordial diluted with either soda water or mineral water. They also have a great dandelion and burdock.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Birch is probably my favourite, unfortunately it's kinda subject to the hipster tax and therefore a little hard to find around here.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Root beer is some vile and nasty poo poo, but I'll drink Jager straight, no problems.

Different beverages for different marriages.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yeah ginger beer is good poo poo OP

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Ginger beer is good too...

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Sioux City Birch Beer is pretty tasty. If I still drank soda I'll drink that again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

thewireguy posted:

Ginger beer is good too...

Bundaberg is my jam.

• Locked thread