Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Basketball shorts are really comfortable and I could wear them pretty much any time. I just got my first pair and I am wondering when is it not an appropriate time to wear them, and what kind of stuff is good to do while wearing them. Also how do you deal with a lack of pockets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I like to roll up the waistband a couple times to show off my legs. Just a tip for ya OP

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
you tryna be a lazy rear end adam sandler wearing basketball shorts everywhere, op?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

took all those pics myself with a 800mm telescopic lens

wanna know what's in sandler's trash?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

A misanthrope posted:

wanna know what's in sandler's trash?

His career?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

A misanthrope posted:

you tryna be a lazy rear end adam sandler wearing basketball shorts everywhere, op?

like a rolling stone

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

a bay posted:

Also how do you deal with a lack of pockets

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

His career?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a bay posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I like to roll up the waistband a couple times to show off my legs. Just a tip for ya OP

Thats a good plan and I want to try it out but how do you keep from getting a wedgie or camel toad

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

agreed op :hfive:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
welcome to the cool basketball shorts wearers club OP.

wearing them everywhere is our symbolic tell to the rest of the world that, "hey look we work out/are going to work out, notice how chill and relaxed we are? haha yeah bro, we like comfort over fashion and i'm chill and outgooing. and I like working out and i may or may not have just got back from the gym/run/bike or i may or may not be going there because i am cool, unlike notice those stuck up fat gormless nerdlings out there."

some good places you can wear them:
college campuses (if you don't wear them here u are weird)
grocery stores
walking around
public transit
office
casual restaurants

in fact, you should wear them about 99% of the time, they're too comfy+good to NOT! unless it's freezing balls outside and then you still should wear them to symbolize you dgaf about the weather because you are too manly for pussy slow moving molecules giving off the illusion of cold

oh yea i'm super skinny fat hahaha

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDTDcUm0ol8

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Swangin em thangs lol.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They're too long and are kinda annoying when they brush against your knee

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I guess he was fasting when the pic was taken

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

a bay posted:

Thats a good plan and I want to try it out but how do you keep from getting a wedgie or camel toad

Trial and error. For me, one roll is always good. Two works sometimes, and three is usually too much.

YMMV of course. God bless.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
anything you keep in the pockets will fall out the second you sit down

if you can find bball shorts with velcro pockets then you've found the grail

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Dr Cheeto posted:

His career?

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Got my basketball shorts on and its a good thing too in the summer time

Lolly Poopdeck
Oct 21, 2010

by zen death robot
Why haven't they invented cargo basketball shorts yet? That would be, like, the best of both worlds...

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Xaris posted:

welcome to the cool basketball shorts wearers club OP.

wearing them everywhere is our symbolic tell to the rest of the world that, "hey look we work out/are going to work out, notice how chill and relaxed we are? haha yeah bro, we like comfort over fashion and i'm chill and outgooing. and I like working out and i may or may not have just got back from the gym/run/bike or i may or may not be going there because i am cool, unlike notice those stuck up fat gormless nerdlings out there."

some good places you can wear them:
college campuses (if you don't wear them here u are weird)
grocery stores
walking around
public transit
office
casual restaurants

in fact, you should wear them about 99% of the time, they're too comfy+good to NOT! unless it's freezing balls outside and then you still should wear them to symbolize you dgaf about the weather because you are too manly for pussy slow moving molecules giving off the illusion of cold

oh yea i'm super skinny fat hahaha

This is exactly the kind of advice I was looking for but Im not going to wear them in the cold weather because I dont need to run or jump that bad and Im not too manly for slow pussy molecules

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

a bay posted:

You wear boxer-briefs or tighty whities and you store you wallet and keys in that little pocket on the front. It goes pretty deep.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I dont like those so maybe I will just wear 2 pairs of what I normally wear and keep my things in between them

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
john stockton set records in 3 major statistical categories in john stockton shorts :eng101:

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

a bay posted:

I dont like those so maybe I will just wear 2 pairs of what I normally wear and keep my things in between them

Nice!

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
I bought some children's basketball shorts and wear them instead of underwear sometimes. :feelsgood:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

I bought some children's basketball shorts and wear them instead of underwear sometimes. :feelsgood:

thats a good pro life-hack my friend. u can prolly save so much money never giving money to the fruit of the loom industrial complex again.

can you put them in the freezer afterwards to kill teh smell?

i imagine its much less socially awkward to have a freezer full of children's basketball shorts for when ur friend comes over and looks for ice cream. cause right now i have to explain why i have a bunch of underwear in there haha so weird. having a freezer full of children's baskettball shorts would be much less awkward and easier to explain

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Xaris posted:

thats a good pro life-hack my friend. u can prolly save so much money never giving money to the fruit of the loom industrial complex again.

can you put them in the freezer afterwards to kill teh smell?

i imagine its much less socially awkward to have a freezer full of children's basketball shorts for when ur friend comes over and looks for ice cream. cause right now i have to explain why i have a bunch of underwear in there haha so weird. having a freezer full of children's baskettball shorts would be much less awkward and easier to explain

:yikes:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

It looks like hes using the wasteband roll technique

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
oh you were actually serious?