Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

quote:

McWhopper of a pact: Burger King pitches 1-day McDonald's truce on Peace Day

Pictured: Whopper

This probably isn't what the United Nations had in mind when it established the International Day of Peace: Burger King is asking McDonald's to join forces to create a "McWhopper."

In full-page newspaper ads Wednesday, Burger King says it's calling for a truce with McDonald's so that they can create a mashup of their most famous burgers - the Big Mac and the Whopper. Burger King says it wants to serve the concoction for a single day at a popup location in Atlanta, a midway point between the headquarters of the two chains.

Burger King is tying the publicity stunt to a nonprofit called Peace One Day, which says it promotes Peace Day. The United Nations created the International Day of Peace in 1981 to coincide with its annual opening session in September. It then designated Sept. 21 as the annual "day of non-violence and cease-fire" in 2001.

In a comment posted on its Facebook page, McDonald's CEO Steve Easterbrook said the proposal was inspiration for a good cause, then took a dig at the ploy by Burger King.

"Let's acknowledge that between us there is simply a friendly business competition and certainly not the unequaled circumstances of the real pain and suffering of war," Easterbrook said.

He added "P.S. A simple phone call will do next time."

The proposed mashup of the Big Mac and Whopper would include elements of each, such as flame-broiled beef patty and a middle bun, according to a website Burger King set up. Burger King notes on the site that it's open to discussing the proposal, but that details would have to be worked out in time for Peace Day.

"Proposals like McWhopper make noise," Burger King says in a video on the site.

Burger King said the ads asking McDonald's about the proposal were to run Wednesday in The New York Times and The Chicago Tribune, the latter of which is based near McDonald's headquarters in Oak Brook, Illinois.

Burger King, based in Miami, is owned by Restaurant Brands International, which also owns Tim Hortons.

This is the Megathread for the McWhopper, coming to you in the name of ☮ ✌ Peace ☮ ✌ Sept 21st.

How many McWhoppers will you be buying on Sept 21st, goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ground floor

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
McCrock o poo poo

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

how many burgers must i eat to stop the drone strikes

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that picture looks nasty but i'm definitely gonna eat one because come on it's a mcwhopper?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
wanna eat that burger

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
is it only being serbed in atlanta? i dont want to go to atlanta

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

They already have a Big Mac ripoff.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

They even had a chicken version. The "Big King" loving COME ON JOURNALISTS

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

Enfield posted:

road trip to doobies boys

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Chinaman7000 posted:

They already have a Big Mac ripoff.

Good point.

I'd still like to eat it but alas I wouldn't want to travel to Atlanta

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Enfield posted:

1) what's this about serbs?
2) i don't want to go to atlanta either

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

oh good lets mash up the overpriced garbage burgers from the two worst fast food places and then tie it into 3rd world kids getting blown up

if mcdonalds really wanted to promote world peace, they would serve the sausage mcmuffin and breakfast burrito, the only two non-garbage items on their menu, 24/7 (burger king doesnt get to play because everything on their menu is garbage)

this would promote world peace because

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

They should call it the MacWop to truly compromise and have 3 letters from each company represented in the product.

This would have the added bonus of pissing off the gabagools

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Not reading this thread its full of additives and will makr me fat

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Honestly haven't felt this excited in a very long time. Is this what they call hope?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Matey posted:

They should call it the MacWop to truly compromise and have 3 letters from each company represented in the product.

This would have the added bonus of pissing off the gabagools

Nah, should have been the MacWh☮☮per for the Millenial iPhone Twitter generation

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
eat fresh

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Finally.

It begins.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
So the Big King and McDonalds Toilet Burgs are gonna be dismissed? YAY!

E: OPs picture made me sterile :(

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

burritolingus posted:

Finally.

It begins.

Insh'allah

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
McWhoCares