Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I dont see how tyrust funds are different from any other kind of allowance. Like are there any arguments against trust funds that dont boil down to basic jealousy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I trust my dick into your rear end

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
because some people are starving and others are pampered from birth til death and it shouldnt have to be that way

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Everybody should have to wear Walmart clothes because I did when I was in high school :rolleyes:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Gbs: I hate people whose parents worked hard to ensure a decent quality of life for them, and troons

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

a bay posted:

Gbs: I hate people whose parents worked hard to ensure a decent quality of life for them, and troons

also i hate you and your posts

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

because some people are starving and others are pampered from birth til death and it shouldnt have to be that way

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

a bay posted:

There's no correlation or causation between hard work and dollars earned.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Veskit posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
I blame rich people for my white trash couch potado parents never bothering to make any kind of investment in my future

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
literately lol if you've ever gotten an ''allowance'' from your ''parents''.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
ayy lmao

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

a bay posted:

I blame rich people for my white trash couch potado parents never bothering to make any kind of investment in my future

Veskit posted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Its pure luck whether you have money or not, nobody ever made any money by putting effort into doing so -Someone who thinks all the money should belong to everyone

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

a bay posted:

Its pure luck whether you have money or not, nobody ever made any money by putting effort into doing so -Someone who thinks all the money should belong to everyone

If you're gunna troll, you have to be the smartest guy in the room, and either strawman to bait someone, or out knowledge them through stupidity. You're bad at both, you should go try somewhere else. D&D is really easy.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

a bay posted:

dont boil down to basic jealousy lol

welcome to humans 101. you can boil virtually every negative thing down to jealousy and greed (if not one side, then the other)

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Veskit posted:

If you're gunna troll, you have to be the smartest guy in the room, and either strawman to bait someone, or out knowledge them through stupidity. You're bad at both, you should go try somewhere else. D&D is really easy.

Thanks for the tips on how to troll

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

a bay posted:

Thanks for the tips on how to troll

We're all bros here, you'll get there someday champ.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Theres no way this guy doesnt buy his shoes at Target, he must be trolling

Fluo
May 25, 2007

a bay posted:

Theres no way this guy doesnt buy his shoes at Target, he must be trolling

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I want a trust fund. If anyone has an extra or no longer wants theirs I'll take it off your hands no problem.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I wish I had your powers to figure out what is and isn't a joke. I thought he was trying to make a point! I sure did get trolled.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Its not fair that people with money get to choose whose wellbeing they spend it on. Now if you will excuse me I have to cash the disability check I get for "depression"

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

a bay posted:

Its not fair that people with money get to choose whose wellbeing they spend it on. Now if you will excuse me I have to cash the disability check I get for "depression"

Holy gently caress is that possible? How do I get in on that poo poo?

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

I've known a few growing up. Absent parents and unlimited money makes them a lot of fun. Haven't known any without DUIs or time in rehab. I think developed drug tolerance is the only way so many live through their teenage years. One of the trust fund kids I knew has permanent brain damage now I think after he wrapped his car around a tree going 90 from the cops with a suspended driver license.

I think the worst thing about having a trust fund is how toxic they are for the people around them. They are really nice and free with their money though. I don't know any as an adult, so maybe it is just a phase for being ultra rich.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Hobohemian posted:

Holy gently caress is that possible? How do I get in on that poo poo?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

a bay posted:

you're getting better, but you forgot to include a goon trope. If you said said get for "depression" and spend it on "insert goony things like MLP/warhammer/video games" then that'll stick better. Be specific too cause the joke is funnier when you say rainbow dash hoodie with tail than if you say MLP.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
op shoulda been shot too

WITH A BIG DICK FULL OF AIDS

:twisted:

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

longtimelurker posted:

I've known a few growing up. Absent parents and unlimited money makes them a lot of fun. Haven't known any without DUIs or time in rehab. I think developed drug tolerance is the only way so many live through their teenage years. One of the trust fund kids I knew has permanent brain damage now I think after he wrapped his car around a tree going 90 from the cops with a suspended driver license.

I think the worst thing about having a trust fund is how toxic they are for the people around them. They are really nice and free with their money though. I don't know any as an adult, so maybe it is just a phase for being ultra rich.

I dont even get much from mine, definitely not enough to act like that even if I wanted to. But just having one apparently makes me Marie Antoinette

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

longtimelurker posted:

my buddy is in the army brass band and makes good money without any of the downsides of ptsd, jingoism and racism. its always lots of fun when he's on leave because he's just itching to spend his army cash on his friends and fun times.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

a bay posted:

I dont even get much from mine, definitely not enough to act like that even if I wanted to. But just having one apparently makes me Marie Antoinette

Ssee you should go with the undermining bourgeois oblivious troll right there. You could have said "I don't even get much from mine, just 100k a year and it's only for 15 years"

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006