Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
buying individual stocks is basically straight gambling, so it seems pretty fun and awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

if GBS says it's a terrible idea that you shouldn't do then chances are it's actually a great idea op

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Indexes, dividends, portfolios...

Me no understanding. I just want to throw money at something to get more. It's all so confusing :shepspends:

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

buying individual stocks is basically straight gambling, so it seems pretty fun and awesome.

If you are young and have time to gamble on stocks before retirement it's more okay, but still silly

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Wicker Man posted:

Indexes, dividends, portfolios...

Me no understanding. I just want to throw money at something to get more. It's all so confusing :shepspends:

Give me your power of attorney and your bank account

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
rich white fucker: this thing is now very expensive BECAUSE I SAY IT IS

dumbasses: oh god buy it buy it a lot

rich white fucker: now it is.... WORTHLESS!!!!! BECAUSE I SAY IT IS

dumbasses: why didn't we see this coming

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

maxhush posted:

if GBS says it's a terrible idea that you shouldn't do then chances are it's actually a great idea op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
AAPL is up 2.72% on the day right now OP idk what you're bitching about

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
lmbo @ goons to scared to invest in IPOs lol so hard

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
gently caress apple. Chicken or beef imo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

apple sept 9 event confirmed everybody get on your computer and start investing now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gently caress da Mods posted:

lmbo @ goons to scared to invest in IPOs lol so hard

ya goons r dummies they could have made $$$$$$ if they bought twatter IPO and then sold before it popped

or buttcoins. remmber all the dummy goons too scared to buy bitcoin when it was like nothing? now its worth $$$ lmAO joke is on goons

Xaris fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 27, 2015

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
*Gambles entire retirement fund on trendy tech company that hasnt had an original thought since the early 90s and uses patent troll techniques to ruin the competition

*Has no money in retirement fund by 2050 and asks the government for a bailout

*i-socialsecurity 2.0

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

soy!

soy!

soy!

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey2 posted:

trendy tech company that hasnt had an original thought since the early 90s

YOSPOS biytch!

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

psyopmonkey2 posted:

*Gambles entire retirement fund on trendy tech company that hasnt had an original thought since the early 90s and uses patent troll techniques to ruin the competition

*Has no money in retirement fund by 2050 and asks the government for a bailout

*i-socialsecurity 2.0

Hi there @psyopmonkey! please PM me i'd like to discuss further

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

1) MP3 players were first made by ZEN and a few other small companies that were bought out/sued to death by apple. They didnt invent mobile media players in any way shape or form.
ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_media_player

2) Palm Pilot and Compaq were the first organizations to introduce gsm/cdma modems in their hand held devices. Apple didnt come up with this idea either, nor did they improve on it.
ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smartphone

3) Uh, their desktop and laptop platforms have consistently been utter garbage for libarts retards that dont know how to roll their own hardware.
ref: common sense and reading hardware specs

4) Youre a dumbo.
ref: reality

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

psyopmonkey2 posted:

1) MP3 players were first made by ZEN and a few other small companies that were bought out/sued to death by apple. They didnt invent mobile media players in any way shape or form.

2) Palm Pilot and Compaq were the first organizations to introduce gsm/cdma modems in their hand held devices. Apple didnt come up with this idea either, nor did they improve on it.

3) Uh, their desktop and laptop platforms have consistently been utter garbage for libarts retards that dont know how to roll their own hardware.

4) Youre a dumbo.

lol @ u

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Apple is the best company of all time

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey2 posted:

4) Youre a dumbo.
3 was itunes music store, but lmao at your responses.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

coldplay chiptunes posted:

I know right, im just a lil bundle of hate and opinions.

:3:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

yeah but itunes loving blows and has always blown to use on anything that isn't a Mac (probably intentionally) and it's hardly the first music management software

bloated rear end piece of poo poo

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but itunes loving blows and has always blown to use on anything that isn't a Mac (probably intentionally) and it's hardly the first music management software

We're talking about Apple as an innovative company from an investment standpoint. The iTunes music store has made $50 billion dollars since it was introduced.

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

Whoa there tex, you might hurt one of these apple fanboys feelings. We all know they dont use common sense and like paying 2x/3x for last years hardware.

But, the GUI is so pretty and it never "crashes".

:rolleyes:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

We're talking about Apple as an innovative company from an investment standpoint. The iTunes music store has made $50 billion dollars since it was introduced.

you're talking about Steve Jobs being a kickass executive

when Apple gave him the boot he made another super successful company (Pixar) while Apple floundered and begged him to come back and he did and turned everything around

now he's dead and they're making gimmicky watches and floating on releasing the next iteration of the iPhone and their liquid capital

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

12.9 billion. Im not making fun of apples business practices. Im making fun of dumb fucks who buy into that poo poo.

http://fortune.com/2013/07/21/how-much-revenue-did-itunes-generate-for-apple-last-quarter/

Apple is the american idol/the bachelor/fox news of the IT world.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

you're talking about Steve Jobs being a kickass executive

when Apple gave him the boot he made another super successful company (Pixar) while Apple floundered and begged him to come back and he did and turned everything around

now he's dead and they're making gimmicky watches and floating on releasing the next iteration of the iPhone and their liquid capital
uhh apple stock has more than DOUBLED since Stebe died lmao.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

uhh apple stock has more than DOUBLED since Stebe died lmao.

lol couldn't be anything to do with the tech bubble

besides I didn't say they weren't doing okay for now, I said they have a lot of liquid capital and a product that everyone can't wait to buy for $900

doesn't mean they are innovative.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey2 posted:

12.9 billion. Im not making fun of apples business practices. Im making fun of dumb fucks who buy into that poo poo.

http://fortune.com/2013/07/21/how-much-revenue-did-itunes-generate-for-apple-last-quarter/

This thread is about investing.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

lol couldn't be anything to do with the tech bubble
:allears:

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Yall getting schooled by nazi ghost LOL @ u

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey2 posted:

quote:

it’s become clear that iTunes is also a large and fast-growing business in its own right, one that generated $12.9 billion in fiscal 2012
lol did you even read the link you posted?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

meanwhile their net income in 2014 is less than it was in 2012

look at financials before you make some dumbass statement involving a stock price

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

lol did you even read the link you posted?

I skimmed it. But, no not really.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

psyopmonkey2 posted:

I skimmed it. But, no not really.

cancer-riddled fuckwit

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

gently caress da Mods posted:

cancer-riddled fuckwit

Rude.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I've got a macbook and sometimes I use it.

It's pretty ok I guess.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Lol, this is a big gay comedy forum!

Junkyard Poodle fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 28, 2015

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
apple actually makes profits on most of their products so they are 'cheap' in the weird stock sense that isn't worth explaining on an internet forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Invest in Palladium.

• Locked thread