Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.
Was Toad the guy who greeted you at the end of each castle in SMB 1 or were those identical "mushroom retainers"?

We can unequivocally say that the Toad from SMB2 is Toad, right? Except that his cap is blue in-game. His official art has red spots.

So jump forward to New Super Mario Bros Wii and the first playable Toad has a blue cap again. Is this the Toad we know from SMB2 in a triumphant return? Is his blue coloring now to be accepted as canon? Are we re-writing history here?

3D World throws another wrench in the works because now we have the Blue Toad and Captain Toad appearing in the same game. Are they two iterations of the same entity? Is there some kind of quantum Toad Physics that has allowed both realities to coexist at the same time?

Who the gently caress is Toad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Toad is both a race and one guy's name.

It'd be like if I was named "White Dude"

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I'm the Toad in the blue hat.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ4_PEBDk-c

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I can't believe a company as big as Nintendo uses that horrible poo poo voice for Toad.

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

Wendell posted:

I can't believe a company as big as Nintendo uses that horrible poo poo voice for Toad.

FUUUCK YOOOOUUUUU

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

Is Mario Kart Toad the Blue Toad or Captain Toad? Or is he another Toad entirely?

Speaking of Kart, is Toadette a singular individual? Or are all female Toads called Toadette?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Saintv77 posted:

FUUUCK YOOOOUUUUU

I want to hear Toad say that now.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MTV Crib Death posted:

Was Toad the guy who greeted you at the end of each castle in SMB 1 or were those identical "mushroom retainers"?

We can unequivocally say that the Toad from SMB2 is Toad, right? Except that his cap is blue in-game. His official art has red spots.

So jump forward to New Super Mario Bros Wii and the first playable Toad has a blue cap again. Is this the Toad we know from SMB2 in a triumphant return? Is his blue coloring now to be accepted as canon? Are we re-writing history here?

3D World throws another wrench in the works because now we have the Blue Toad and Captain Toad appearing in the same game. Are they two iterations of the same entity? Is there some kind of quantum Toad Physics that has allowed both realities to coexist at the same time?

Who the gently caress is Toad?

Toads are a fungal hivemind and behave as one. All Toads are friends with Mario because there is only Toad.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

he's the best

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INEaMSKk5j8

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

BossRighteous posted:

I'm the Toad in the blue hat.

I'm the Bed.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Toad is both a race and one guy's name.

It'd be like if I was named "White Dude"

It's also an extension of that races name. So in your example you would have Barry Whitedude and Walt Whitedude.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
toad sounds a lot like yoshi :tinfoil:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
OP, I've written about this before, maybe my notes can help you. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699240

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Toad's fine. I mean, he still sucks, but he's sucked for 30 years and it doesn't seem to have adversely affected him at all.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
It's a hat. HTH

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Wendell posted:

You're a God damned idiot.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

It's obviously a hat.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
subscribed, hope u get to the bottom of this op

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

whoa check out this toad

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Toads choose their own gender characteristics, or they don't. Toads are weirdly progressive
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-reveals-the-toads-gender-secret/1100-6423610/

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Gender is a meaningless concept too fungus that reproduce via spores.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah but most fungi don't wear cute skirts and pigtails, last I checked.

They also don't drive cars

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

It's... it sounds like Gonzo as he was in Muppet Babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Internet Kraken posted:

Gender is a meaningless concept too fungus that reproduce via spores.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scientists-discover-why-fungi-have-36000-sexes-1119181.html

• Locked thread