Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Is there a beer company that is pro-environment?

Presumably they'd all be pro-environment, as they promote the growing of the renewable resources of grains and hops.... assuming the farmers are practicing sustainable farming, which one assumes one would do, as a proper land management measure. As far as I know there isn't any toxic waste from a brewery or any rainforest being cleared for new hops fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
OE800

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
whenb i got money it's yuengling

when i'm broke its miller lite

when i want to kill myself it OE

when i want to have a good time its :420:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I dig the Sam Adams, Negro Modelo, and the Schlitz.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Outpost22 posted:

whenb i got money it's yuengling

when i'm broke its miller lite

when i want to kill myself it OE

when i want to have a good time its :420:

miller lite and yuingling cost the same? at least they do around these parts

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

devote your life to colt 45 double malt

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

GORDON posted:

Presumably they'd all be pro-environment, as they promote the growing of the renewable resources of grains and hops.... assuming the farmers are practicing sustainable farming, which one assumes one would do, as a proper land management measure. As far as I know there isn't any toxic waste from a brewery or any rainforest being cleared for new hops fields.

As I found out, the process of fermentation releases a significant amount of CO2. Some breweries handle this better than others.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Hell Yeah posted:

devote your life to colt 45 double malt

Obviously the 40oz of choice.

There was a funny video of some loser white guy in his 40s who drank a bottle of Cool Colt he found in his attic on youtube but I cant find it anymore :smith:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

There was a funny video of some loser white guy in his 40s who drank a bottle of Cool Colt he found in his attic on youtube but I cant find it anymore :smith:

lol i have seen this video. it seemed like he was really enjoying it.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Anything with ICE in the title or High Gravity under the title and you'll have child support payments and a parole officer in no time (like a real man)

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Colt 45

works every time

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

As I found out, the process of fermentation releases a significant amount of CO2. Some breweries handle this better than others.

True, but wouldn't it still be carbon neutral with the usage of so many plants in the process that will scoop up that CO2?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GORDON posted:

True, but wouldn't it still be carbon neutral with the usage of so many plants in the process that will scoop up that CO2?

uh yeah, uh and the beer particles become fused with the taste of the rockies in a process called uh coorsination

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
After hockey I drink Miller, Labatt, or Moosehead. Tecate is also up there. I haven't heard the end of it after I brought Coors one time because I wanted the cooler bag (cooler bags own and you get free beer with them).

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
in like 2000 coors sold insulated 12 packs that you could just dump ice in and drive around with and they were waterproof so the water didn't get all over your floor board It was awesome

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
in PA, yuengling is the best balance of being cheap, tasting pretty good and being on every tap and at every distributor. if it were more expensive or less available I'd probably pick something else as my go-to beer as well.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Colt 45

works every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlR-I57nmr4

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
You can't go wrong with Hamms.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

While some may laugh at Mint being in beer, this stuff:

... was the ultimate Lawn Mowing Beer. Lasted a single Summer before it was (unfairly imo) discontinued.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

has anyone said cum yet

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

lol if you think Samuel Adam's qualifies as a microbrew.

It takes BBC a full year to produce as much beer as AB does in a day. You don't know anything your a gay retard.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BigBoss posted:

It takes BBC a full year to produce as much beer as AB does in a day. You don't know anything your a gay retard.

It technically does not qualify as a micro-brewery anymore.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Mr. Pumroy posted:

has anyone said cum yet

im gay

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

FordCQC posted:

Miller High Life

the champagne of beers

this man gets it

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor is the only brew you'll ever need to drink.

Warning: at 7-11 they now sell Mickey's in plastic bottles instead of glass; these do a lot less damage when you huck the empty at a stranger's head. It seems like the small stores still sell regular glass 40s, though.

Combine it with these cigs so people know you're classy

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Has anyone recommended full sail's session beers? http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/session.cfm

I dunno if it's common outside the pnw but up here it's about as cheap as henry weinhards and is probably hands down one of the most drinkable series of beers I've ever had.

Plus you can play rock paper scissors with the caps so they're great for picking who goes first at beach or lawn games.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Mukulu posted:

You can't go wrong with Hamms.

I was drinking a Hamms at a bar and some old guy comes over and says "HOLY poo poo IS THAT A HAMMS???" and orders one for himself. So it's legit, no doubt

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEZGaLlLfcY

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Nostrum posted:

yeungling, but you have to talk non-stop to all your friends about how good yeungling is and how you have to go to this one particular 7/11 thats 15 miles away just to find it because it's super hard to find in california

this, except it's in absolutely every store in tennessee. the down side is that you live in tennessee.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Coors Banquet gets bonus points for being the motivation of the plot in the best movie of all time, Smokey The Bandit, starring Burt Reynolds.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I see tecate whenever I go to pick up beer and I have to wonder if it's actually any better than our domestic lagers or if it's just the same old same old.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Germstore posted:

this, except it's in absolutely every store in tennessee. the down side is that you live in tennessee.

Virginia too. My Dad loves the stuff.

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

Nostrum posted:

yeungling, but you have to talk non-stop to all your friends about how good yeungling is and how you have to go to this one particular 7/11 thats 15 miles away just to find it because it's super hard to find in california

I thought this was a chinese beer.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Drank one of those earlier today

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
yuengling is pretty good, but only the lord chesterfield and the seasonals. regular lager is crappy swill, and i say that as a resident of southeast pennsylvania

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
The only lager I've tried that isn't completely undrinkable to me is New Belgium 1554 (New Belgium is pretty huge and all their beers suck, so they're basically a macrobrwere).

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

I see tecate whenever I go to pick up beer and I have to wonder if it's actually any better than our domestic lagers or if it's just the same old same old.

certainly isn't any worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

Has anyone recommended full sail's session beers? http://www.fullsailbrewing.com/session.cfm

I dunno if it's common outside the pnw but up here it's about as cheap as henry weinhards and is probably hands down one of the most drinkable series of beers I've ever had.

Plus you can play rock paper scissors with the caps so they're great for picking who goes first at beach or lawn games.

we threw a party and we had beer holsters with sessions in them and we'd do a western style gun duel and whoever lost the rock paper scissors had to chug the beer, it was fun

• Locked thread