Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Please keep all discussion of the Virginia murders & associated gun law talk in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That isn't a gun, it's an assault pistol.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
If you're trying to use a tragedy to take away someones rights you're a bad person hth

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

That isn't a gun, it's an assault pistol.

Can you define assault pistol in a meaningful way that is technically distinct?

kapparomeo
Apr 19, 2011

Some say his extreme-right links are clearly known, even in the fascist capitalist imperialist Murdochist press...

LeJackal posted:

It has a shoulder thing that goes up.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

semper wifi posted:

If you're trying to use a tragedy to take away someones rights you're a bad person hth

since tragic and fatal misuse of guns happens every day it's impossible for gun grabbers to ever not be too emotional to talk about gun control nyah nyah got you

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Happiness ect. bang bang shoot shoot.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!
Now is not the time to politicize this tragedy.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

semper wifi posted:

Guns are a wrong, not a right.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
gun make noise

accelerate bullet from bullet tube.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popular Thug Drink posted:

since tragic and fatal misuse of guns happens every day it's impossible for gun grabbers to ever not be too emotional to talk about gun control nyah nyah got you

Is it really misuse? Seems like they work pretty well as they're intended.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

semper wifi posted:

If you value your shootybang toys over human lives and sound public policy you are also a bad person. let's be bad people together.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bango skank posted:

Is it really misuse? Seems like they work pretty well as they're intended.

actually that's true, suicide is the most common form of death by firearm and it isn't illegal

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nintendo Kid posted:

Guns are a wrong, not a right.

I know two wrongs don't make a right but by this point we have to have had enough wrongs to make at least one right.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I believe this dramatic portrayal of the founding father of America as it presently stands is a correct and accurate rendering of the mandatory opinion upon this most sacred of topics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOROvO2fxTc

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
In my opinion, the people who really care a lot about Gun Rights are weirdos.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Guns are cool, but less cool when someone does a crime with them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

The LA Times had an article today about incidence of mass shootings. The USA is on top, but that shouldn't be a surprise when you consider that the number of firearms in the country per capita is greater than that of many nations that are currently undergoing civil wars.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popular Thug Drink posted:

actually that's true, suicide is the most common form of death by firearm and it isn't illegal

But that IS misuse! If they were intended to harm the user the barrel'd be pointing the other way!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I tried guns once with friends but they were just ok, not something I would run out and get for myself. Maybe I am not a good American.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'll only vote for a candidate that supports poisoned throwing knives.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So because it's effectively impossible to ever get rid of our many, many guns in this country, I think we need to use this thread for what's really important in today's America: unrealistic depictions of guns in media. Stop adding in CGI muzzle flashes, Hollywood! :argh:

Alternatively, what's everyone's favorite gun? Mines the 1911.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Je suis le gun

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Lord Binky posted:

I'll only vote for a candidate that supports poisoned throwing knives.

It's my right as an American to grab intruders into my home, and throw them into my box filled with scorpions.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Who What Now posted:

So because it's effectively impossible to ever get rid of our many, many guns in this country, I think we need to use this thread for what's really important in today's America: unrealistic depictions of guns in media. Stop adding in CGI muzzle flashes, Hollywood! :argh:

The flying backwards poo poo after you've been shot needs to go as well.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Who What Now posted:

The Mateba autorevolver. A TFR guy had this big pile of them and that poo poo is dooooope.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

MaxxBot posted:

The flying backwards poo poo after you've been shot needs to go as well.

Or guns sounding like someone's rattling a box of steel scrap every time someone gently brushes up against one.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Who What Now posted:

I'm partial to the battle rifle. One three round burst is usually enough to take down the guy's energy shields and maybe get a headshot in.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Who What Now posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jts0xxg7P8I

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

Or guns sounding like someone's rattling a box of steel scrap every time someone gently brushes up against one.
Gently brushing up against guns definitely fits my internal caricature of a gun nut.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Guns are cool for responsible Americans to own.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

semper wifi posted:

But what about my right to live :qq:

LeJackal posted:

It's black, duh.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Who What Now posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW8Ik-U4T5g

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Everytime I see someone with their little dorky finger out for "trigger discipline" it's basically the equivilant of rollerblading like this:

Look at these loving dorks. THATS HOW YOU LOOK. JUST TOUCH THE TRIGGER

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Gun Control would unfairly target honest American's like my friend from Chicago here who is holding a completely legal firearm.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gently brushing up against guns definitely fits my internal caricature of a gun nut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj7UfgWYHiY

TFR.avi

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Make all guns sound like the pulse rifle from Aliens and I'll stop trying to get them banned.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 51 minutes!

Who What Now posted:

Howabout THESE GUNS
*flex*

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Everytime I see someone with their little dorky finger out for "trigger discipline" it's basically the equivilant of rollerblading like this:

Look at these loving dorks. THATS HOW YOU LOOK. JUST TOUCH THE TRIGGER

I think it's ok to look like a dork (?) to prevent accidentally shooting your weapon!

• Locked thread