Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
I'm currently doing a small renovation on a tiny kitchen in a new apartment my wife and I just moved into. It's a weird situation, where it's a mother-in-law's quarters (ie. not a typical "dedicated" apartment) in her grandmother's basement. The kitchen is currently also the laundry room for the home. Right now her grandmother has a full-size washer and dryer set in the kitchen. As the kitchen is quite tiny, and a galley setup with an exterior door at one end, and the entrance to the hall in the other, the laundry machines serve as a bootleg counter-top. As the washer is a top-load, and right next to the sink, this is obviously not ideal, and we are renovating the kitchen such that we can install a standard-height counter-top over new, compact laundry machines.

Which comes to the main question in this thread: Does anyone have any experience with compact washer/dryer brands or models that have worked well for them? I have always had full-size machines, so my biggest concern is buying a lemon of a model. The second concern is that the machines might be under-powered or lacking in capacity, and I should readjust our plan. The space we have to work with is approximately 56" wide, 35" tall, and 26-28" deep. Current dryer is electric and vented. No gas service is available.

So far, it seems like there aren't a huge variety of options in the US for compact washing machines. Some are very expensive, and they are often ventless. From my regular searches, it seems like Blomberg has machines that fit our budget and would work very well for the tight space we have to work with. But I'm kind of concerned with the brand. It's fairly new to the US and it's hard to find a good body of reviews for these machines:

Dryer:
Blomberg DV17542

Washer:
Blomberg WM98400

Does anyone know about this brand? Other recommendations for machines like this? Any other information or quirks related to smaller capacity machines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread