Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
It was very cool watching this all unfold. It felt very satisfying to watch my empire slowly unfurl and then collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Brick Dust Otis posted:

It was very cool watching this all unfold. It felt very satisfying to watch my empire slowly unfurl and then collapse.

what was satisfying was utilising yours and katters warpgates to expand so rapidly into your systems.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Beetphyxious posted:

what was satisfying was utilising yours and katters warpgates to expand so rapidly into your systems.

I liked playing the improbably persistent galactic smear

thanks to soag and birdo for allowing me to survive as long as I did

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This is all from my perspective and obviously I might be wrong attributing motivations to people.

I managed to convince myself and I think Beet that GSC was in one corner of the galaxy and we could grab that spot. At that stage I was blissfully unaware of Gaspy, if I knew where Gaspy was I'm not sure I would have attacked GSC but it's in the past.

The most tense aspect was fighting sweeroy. Every second turn I saw (for the time) fuckoff big fleets cycle through my scanning range. This made me incredibly paranoid and led to an agreement of mutual defence with soag.

My understanding is that at that time TOML was very much still on the fence and could have joined sweeroy against soag and me right until the 11th hour, but swee dropped out of communication which helped convince TOML to join soag and myself.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

This is all from my perspective and obviously I might be wrong attributing motivations to people.

I managed to convince myself and I think Beet that GSC was in one corner of the galaxy and we could grab that spot. At that stage I was blissfully unaware of Gaspy, if I knew where Gaspy was I'm not sure I would have attacked GSC but it's in the past.

The most tense aspect was fighting sweeroy. Every second turn I saw (for the time) fuckoff big fleets cycle through my scanning range. This made me incredibly paranoid and led to an agreement of mutual defence with soag.

My understanding is that at that time TOML was very much still on the fence and could have joined sweeroy against soag and me right until the 11th hour, but swee dropped out of communication which helped convince TOML to join soag and myself.

the funny thing is that I was out to get sweeroy from the start. he screwed tithin hard the last time we played this and for whatever reason I wanted to exact tithn's revenge.

this is funny because (a) I started right next to sweeroy and had to play nice with him, and (b) tithin was actually allied with sweeroy this game

so as soon as you and soag presented as viable alternatives to sweeroy i was up for it

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwVBirqD2s

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh crap, AI administrators aren't just hyper hostile. They also keep growing.

Spacebeet is up to Weapons 25.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Im on weapons 30 :dance:

Go for it coq, I believe in you!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Mad Katter posted:

Yeah, I felt that I either had to expand or die, and it was either BDO, Coq or Splode that was going to get invaded.

I genuinely regret that Splode was upset because I didn't sacrifice most of my fleet to protect his planets from MUYB. Not really sure what he expected of me.

I'll make a big post when I'm home from work about everything.

He had one big push and had left all his other systems exposed. If you'd taken out that one fleet he wouldn't have been able to stop you from taking all of his systems, but I understand that you didn't want to lose any ships

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Splode posted:

He had one big push and had left all his other systems exposed. If you'd taken out that one fleet he wouldn't have been able to stop you from taking all of his systems, but I understand that you didn't want to lose any ships

I wish I'd been able to kill you myself, my friend,

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

whoa wtf it's still going???

wow AI toml is doing well

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

that's unpossible!

the AI cheats. how about that.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

32 turns have passed since the great AI uprising claimed Space Katter, its final victim.

The Coq Resistance has been pushed back to the fringes of space... And then largely left alone.

Looking at the leaderboard, TOML has made a massive push. Spacebeet is in the lead with 71 systems claimed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

32 turns have passed since the great AI uprising claimed Space Katter, its final victim.

The Coq Resistance has been pushed back to the fringes of space... And then largely left alone.

Looking at the leaderboard, TOML has made a massive push. Spacebeet is in the lead with 71 systems claimed.

lol 180,000 ships.

i didn't realise 32 turns have passed but what i've noticed is spacebeet AI has done gently caress all. he's just sitting tight, no advances even though he has 60,000 more ships than anyone

come on space beet, lift your game. you've lost 11 systems.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol and $46000 in cash just sitting their unspent.

a lazy beet

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

We've reached tick 50, which I believe means I'm on turn 100.

The leaderboard has shifted dramatically, with beet getting toppled by soag. I can't see much anymore, but the inner systems seem much more evenly split between beet, soag, Thomas and bird strike. GASPY is also doing very well.

Gaspy and Beet have fleets positioned on my borders in sufficient numbers to crush me. They do not. I've pumped tens of thousands of credits into power levelling the industry output of my few remaining planets and I am slowly building fleets to win back one planet at a time. I am dramatically undergunned but each planet I win is a huge asset.

I am patient. I will own this galaxy.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hello Gaspy!

Gaspy nooooooooooooooo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Somehow my AI is friendly with all of the others except soag and TOML?

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Wow, my robo dude is gaining back some ground.

We should do this next game, just quit and cheer on our AI.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I've been dicking around against some AIs in the past day or so. The issue in our game was TOML setting trade cost as low - great for us, but the AIs abuse this to no end. Setting the tech trade cost as very high slows them right down to the point where they'll still trade with each other, but it still remains possible to compete with them.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
And beat them using a trick or two of my own :heysexy:

The AIs seem to like full communism, so I can't really see much happening once all of them are about even, and they'll leave Coq alone until he provokes them.

Good luck Coq!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

And beat them using a trick or two of my own :heysexy:

The AIs seem to like full communism, so I can't really see much happening once all of them are about even, and they'll leave Coq alone until he provokes them.

Good luck Coq!

yeah i saw them average out to 50, so that makes me think they are more likely to attack the more powerful players.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I had to quit. Got my capital sniped by Birdstrike, who was sitting on Weapons 50!

Beet wins. Fatality.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SKY COQ posted:

I had to quit. Got my capital sniped by Birdstrike, who was sitting on Weapons 50!

Beet wins. Fatality.

My replacement clearly bought it from Gaspy, same as I did I guess.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

as we all did

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Subterfuge is apparently a similar game, might be worth looking at

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Subterfuge is apparently a similar game, might be worth looking at

I'm going to pass on this unless it has a similar turn based mode. The real time mode is basically a way to destroy my life

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it says real time but if it's dialed way back it may be okay.. who wants to test?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Beetphyxious posted:

it says real time but if it's dialed way back it may be okay.. who wants to test?

id give it a red hot go

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Beetphyxious posted:

I think it's actually the opposite of dialed back. It's on mobile and by default sends you notifications when things happen like enemy ships enter your radar range at 3 in the morning

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think it's actually the opposite of dialed back. It's on mobile and by default sends you notifications when things happen like enemy ships enter your radar range at 3 in the morning

ew

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

gently caress

that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Venom Soag posted:

id give it a red hot go

I'd give you a red hot go

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'd send you a notification

Those On My Left posted:

gently caress

that

I'd fu...

You get the idea

• Locked thread