Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Maybe you are allergic to office air conditioning, or perhaps the green in lettuce! Just like this mentally sound and cool person in France, you qualify for a disability cheque every month because you kinda feel like it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/27/french-court-awards-woman-disability-grant-for-allergy-to-gadgets

I know that I am allergic to my computer monitor as well, and have informed my work of this fact. I am also allergic to pens, dictaphones, telephones, and any other conceivable device or tool which would allow me to work, but they can't fire me cause its a disability and that'd be discrimination.

Luckily, I am not allergic to couches or dark souls 2 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Jimmy McGill's brother suffers from that. I'm the opposite I absorb electromagnetic energy it gives me superpowers

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
e; gently caress^

wasnt this the thing from better call saul?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Prawned posted:

I know that I am allergic to my computer monitor as well, and have informed my work of this fact. I am also allergic to pens, dictaphones, telephones, and any other conceivable device or tool which would allow me to work, but they can't fire me cause its a disability and that'd be discrimination.

Luckily, I am not allergic to couches or dark souls 2 :getin:

good thing the principle of bona fide occupational requirements provides your employer a concrete legal defence from a frivolous discrimination lawsuit in this hypothetical scenario

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

good thing the principle of bona fide occupational requirements provides your employer a concrete legal defence from a frivolous discrimination lawsuit in this hypothetical scenario
:goonsay:

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
If the French govt had any wits about tjem they'd find this guy a job at a historical reenactment place like the one in choke

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Maybe you should go back to lawschool, dorkus!

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

I am allergic to being a productive member of society

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

I am allergic to water that doesn't come with exactly 3 blocks of ice and a wedge of lemon, please inform the chef accordingly waitron.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Prawned posted:

I am allergic to water that doesn't come with exactly 3 blocks of ice and a wedge of lemon, please inform the chef accordingly waitron.

same but add ethanol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

gender illusionist posted:

same but add ethanol
gently caress off

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Prawned posted:

Maybe you should go back to lawschool, dorkus!

yeah :(

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

wish u were allergic to the submit reply button

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ha ha BETTR CALL SAUL

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
This is what happens when society gets so progressive we lose the balls to call people out for being insane

It's like, maybe there's a medium between labelling homosexuality as insanity and giving people disability checks because they're allergic to applause

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Henry Rollins warned us about this 20 years ago! WE DIDN'T LISTEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOovtZXYqj4

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Roy posted:

allergic to applause

Man dies at poetry slam after being booed too much, his girlfriend has indicated he was allergic to criticism of any sort. 23 persons charged with manslaughter in the first degree

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

ethanol posted:

gently caress off

Mmm gonna drink u up

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Prawned posted:

Man dies at poetry slam after being booed too much, his girlfriend has indicated he was allergic to criticism of any sort. 23 persons charged with manslaughter in the first degree

*applauds man's death to really twist the knife in deep* :golfclap:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Roy posted:

This is what happens when society gets so progressive we lose the balls to call people out for being insane

Being insane seems like a legitimate disability though?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

*writes, "Just can't seem to get interested in working." on disability form*

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Being insane seems like a legitimate disability though?

They're just a bunch of fakers, obviously

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Is allergic to handjobs

Sues yo mom

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

*writes, "Just can't seem to get interested in working." on disability form*

I got money for this

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

omg you can finally get paid for badpostitis lmmmnboo aayayyyyy

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
OP is just mad he can't scam with the best of them

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I had a french uncle and he once put up a magnet to my glasses to align the molecules so I could see better. He otherwise seemed like a very normal dude, but he legitimately believed that

I say had because my aunt divorced him lol

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

OP is just mad he can't scam with the best of them

I'm the lady who won the court case. Sitting right now enjoying my sweet disability, posting this using a pair of tin cans tied together by string, pointed at a microphone with dragon naturally speaking.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I suffer from MillenialTriggeritis.

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
I wonder if i could swing the same deal with my ADD.

But i can't be bothered to try.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i'm a disabilitykin

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ive got jackoffitis, either let me jack it at my desk or let me work from home you discriminatory fucks

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

"allergy to electromagnetic waves" is basically the dumbest argument anyone can have because it shows a shocking lack of knowledge on how the electromagnetic spectrum works.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Jimmy McGill's brother suffers from that. I'm the opposite I absorb electromagnetic energy it gives me superpowers

I think I saw a documentary about you called "Ernest Goes to Jail."

Don't make me climb the coconut tree.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
gently caress Luddite scum

they can either live in society or go to the Sentinel Islands and gently caress off

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
another big win for chuck. lucky ducky!!!!!!!!!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

How *DO* these worthless pieces of trash get approved for disability on some of these horrible claims? I mean really, how does it get through as many layers of courts and government as it does without somebody thnking "Really? gently caress this guy"?
Is it incredibly good yet shady as gently caress lawyers and the way that they word the claims, sothat nobody really knows what disability they're approving?
Is it just lovely SS agencys and employees that don't care and simply approve anything that comes through?
Bad judges and others in the court system that it passes through?
Appeal after appeal so that eventually the system gives up and doesnt want to deal with these people any more?
Is it some sort of bias that sure, 100 people in the US have filed these frivolous claims and approved, and 30,000 have filed and lost, but the 100 that won are so stupidly impressive that they make the news?
Are there certain types of claims that the system dare not deny for various reasons?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

social vegan posted:

wish u were allergic to the submit reply button

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
In the US someone is suing over fantasy disabilities as well

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

How *DO* these worthless pieces of trash get approved for disability on some of these horrible claims? I mean really, how does it get through as many layers of courts and government as it does without somebody thnking "Really? gently caress this guy"?

Sometimes a stupid person who believes in elecro-sensitivity is the one in charge. Really you only have to get that one "yes" to get your dumb belief stamped and you can get acupuncture treatments for your Morgellon's approved.

Also when it's a dumb complaint against other people ("your wifi is giving me headaches"), I'd think the easiest thing would be to give in and pretend to go along with them. Then do the most minimal woo-woo fix to their imaginary woo-woo problem. Install a wifi purity crystal on your router to cleanse the signal of harmful radiation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Klyith posted:

In the US someone is suing over fantasy disabilities as well

Sometimes a stupid person who believes in elecro-sensitivity is the one in charge. Really you only have to get that one "yes" to get your dumb belief stamped and you can get acupuncture treatments for your Morgellon's approved.

Also when it's a dumb complaint against other people ("your wifi is giving me headaches"), I'd think the easiest thing would be to give in and pretend to go along with them. Then do the most minimal woo-woo fix to their imaginary woo-woo problem. Install a wifi purity crystal on your router to cleanse the signal of harmful radiation.

Have you ever met a person like this in real life or are these just shadows you tend to flail at on the internet

• Locked thread