Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dad gay. so what posted:

its kind of the same in the sense that neither apply any common sense or reasoning to labeling something "good" or "ungood" (a little newspeak there)

Ever hear of a novel called 1984? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I was thinking about the pastry thing. I mean its just a stupid pastry, but does the school (or society at large) want to live in a society where its "ok and cool" to make believe weapons then "make believe" threaten people with them?

I'm not so sure thats a good message to send, so I guess I'm ok with them putting that kid in jail for life with no chance of parole.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Ever hear of a novel called 1984? :smug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Jastiger posted:

I was thinking about the pastry thing. I mean its just a stupid pastry, but does the school (or society at large) want to live in a society where its "ok and cool" to make believe weapons then "make believe" threaten people with them?

I'm not so sure thats a good message to send, so I guess I'm ok with them putting that kid in jail for life with no chance of parole.

I'm torn; on the one hand children really are not the bundles of sweetness they are made out to be, but on the other hand arresting them for making finger guns while playing cops and robbers is also retarded as hell

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I'm torn; on the one hand children really are not the bundles of sweetness they are made out to be, but on the other hand arresting them for making finger guns while playing cops and robbers is also retarded as hell

I was being hyperbolic, but I think saying "Hey that isn't cool" is pretty acceptable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!

Jastiger posted:

Yeah. Society pays a lot of money to the people who do the make believe threatening.

• Locked thread