Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Germstore posted:

what is this? what are you doing?

I hope you will reflect on the way you interacted with me and try to be more respectful of both me, and other people, in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

1gnoirents posted:

I almost made a joke about how hung I was but I actually dont have a large penis so no im not a horse

Ok, well if you were a horse, you would just have to eat the apples they give you. But as a human being, you should eat as many apples as you want, which will probably be 1 or 2, because seriously, who wants to eat more apples than that.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

dogcrash truther posted:

I hope you will reflect on the way you interacted with me and try to be more respectful of both me, and other people, in the future.

are you role playing a high school guidance counselor?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
patriarchy telling me how many apples to eat or how many diabetes I can have screw you guys

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

The Taint Reaper posted:

is she itallian or hispanic?

No, English.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dave Concepcion posted:

post a picture

lol no

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

dogcrash truther posted:

I think maybe people are different, and have different experiences, and also that maybe they aren't always aware of what their motivations are. I think it is better to be respectful of people and I suppose if they want you to shame them, they will tell you that it specifically works for them, and then you can do it, but otherwise, you should not.

It really depends on the person. Sometimes people blind themselves from the effects their unhealthy lifestyle has on the them, and a hardball is just what they need to wake up and realize that just maybe they should try to better themselves.

Alternatively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBjf8T5k6Mk

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Germstore posted:

are you role playing a high school guidance counselor?

Nope. I sincerely think that we would all be better off if people took a look at the way they treat others and stopped trying to justify hurting them. And by "we" I'm not talking about everyone, I'm talking about GBS.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Archer666 posted:

It really depends on the person.

Since it depends on the person, don't you need to know the person in order to make that kind of determination?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Archer666 posted:

It really depends on the person. Sometimes people blind themselves from the effects their unhealthy lifestyle has on the them, and a hardball is just what they need to wake up and realize that just maybe they should try to better themselves.

Alternatively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBjf8T5k6Mk

Indirect shaming worked for me, in the old FIB thread I realised I was defending or was tempted to defend being "a bit fat" (I was actually just over the edge of the "obese" category of BMI) but all my defenses rang hollow (and I had no good answer to "LOL how fat are you" shitposts because I was indeed pretty drat fat) and I resolved to finally stop making excuses for myself and get the gently caress in shape, then I did.

I absolutely do not encourage or condone being cruel, mean or rude to fat people, what worked for me a) was not actually directed at me but came from discussion of the serious issues obesity can cause and b) won't work for everyone anyway. We DO need to talk about obesity, and in those discussions make it clear that blaming someone for their excess weight and empowering them to do something about it through personal choices are not the same thing.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

dogcrash truther posted:

Nope. I sincerely think that we would all be better off if people took a look at the way they treat others and stopped trying to justify hurting them. And by "we" I'm not talking about everyone, I'm talking about GBS.

None of the subjects in the old thread actually read the old thread or knew they were being talked about in the thread. as far as I remember no one took the drama offsite, posted unkind comments on fat peoples blogs, detectived goons to find out if they were fat or any poo poo like that. Not that I agreed with a lot of the sentiments in there, but saying hurtful things that someone will never hear isn't really hurting them any more than thinking those things but never telling them.

EDIT actually maybe the seeing if goons were fat happened, though I think it was all done through post histories rather than trying to find like facebooks and poo poo iunno

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 27, 2015

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Now when we're saying apples in here, we're talking about those bigass caramel apples with the peanuts and poo poo on them, right? I'm pretty sure those are a health food since they're mostly fruit.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

dogcrash truther posted:

who am I hurting exactly

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Germstore posted:

who am I hurting exactly

You tried to insult me. What was your intent.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

it just hits too close to home for too many, thats when the line is crossed I guess. I'm just assuming though didn't read whatever happened I couldnt get passed the apples

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Fatkraken posted:

None of the subjects in the old thread actually read the old thread or knew they were being talked about in the thread. as far as I remember no one took the drama offsite, posted unkind comments on fat peoples blogs, detectived goons to find out if they were fat or any poo poo like that. Not that I agreed with a lot of the sentiments in there, but saying hurtful things that someone will never hear isn't really hurting them any more than thinking those things but never telling them.

EDIT actually maybe the seeing if goons were fat happened, though I think it was all done through post histories rather than trying to find like facebooks and poo poo iunno

I read that thread, and many people who posted in it were directly insulting to people who disagreed with them. I'm not talking about "the subjects." I'm talking about the people who actually posted in the thread.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

1gnoirents posted:

it just hits too close to home for too many, thats when the line is crossed I guess. I'm just assuming though didn't read whatever happened I couldnt get passed the apples

A lot of people it hits SO close to home that they actually do something about it. Not making this up, a ton of people came out of the woodwork in the FiB thread and the A/T spinoff and said it was the thing that pushed them over the edge.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dogcrash truther posted:

I agree

A lot of posters often result to cheap insults and stawmen when they have nothing to say.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

dogcrash truther posted:

You tried to insult me. What was your intent.

I don't want to hurt you because you are fat. I want to hurt you because you post like a care-hard poo poo.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

dogcrash truther posted:

I read that thread, and many people who posted in it were directly insulting to people who disagreed with them. I'm not talking about "the subjects." I'm talking about the people who actually posted in the thread.

fair nuff it was a long time ago

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
none of this would be a problem if we all just stopped eating apples

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

post nu-fatkraken nudes tia

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Moridin920 posted:

I agree

A lot of posters often result to cheap insults and stawmen when they have nothing to say.

hahahahah what da fuq is a stawman Moridin u dumb as hell

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
If Linux people got this fat, imagine how big Apple people are!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib
When being recorded, remember that the iPhone camera adds 10 pounds.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

vyst posted:

post nu-fatkraken nudes tia

nope

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/britains-fattest-man-dead-carl-5924423

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
One of my coworkers told me she doesn't like it when guys get too skinny and you can see their hipbones.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
let's cut the bullshit op; what's your height and weight?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Have any of the goons trying to talk about how unhealthy fruits are actually like eaten them? You're not going to get fat off raw fruit cause it has so much fiber. 80 calories of an apple is going to make you naturally eat less other stuff cause it will fill you up. I live in washington and used to swing by orchards to get lots of the freshest apples and like the most you could really eat in a sitting is 3.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Gaunab posted:

let's cut the bullshit op; what's your height and weight?

5'11", 158lbs as of two days ago (goal weight from weightloss was 154, I've been on holiday so I'm gonna get back down there over the next couple weeks)

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Fatkraken posted:

A lot of people it hits SO close to home that they actually do something about it. Not making this up, a ton of people came out of the woodwork in the FiB thread and the A/T spinoff and said it was the thing that pushed them over the edge.

Oh I know. I could go seriouspost here but I feel like its a pointless mountain to climb. At the very least I hope we can all agree that being obese is generally bad for you and nobody wants to hear HAES poo poo.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

contrapants posted:

imagine whichever linux guy named their computer club meeting a symposium

what do you suppose they got together to drink and discuss

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

extra stout posted:

Melted butter, apparently

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

extra stout posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Linux.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Fallen Rib

extra stout posted:

How much they hate Apples

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Phobic Nest posted:

One of my coworkers told me she doesn't like it when guys get too skinny and you can see their hipbones.

thats hosed up, hipbones are sexy

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

contrapants posted:

Going to any computer/video game/comic book thing is a surefire way to make you feel skinny.

We also need a 2015 update, you know it's only gotten worse

I actually went to Wal-Mart not to long ago looking for a cheap shirt to ruin for some outdoor projects I was going to do, and I'm normally a size L in shirts. At Wal-Mart I was a S lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Fatkraken posted:

5'11", 158lbs as of two days ago (goal weight from weightloss was 154, I've been on holiday so I'm gonna get back down there over the next couple weeks)

thats a tall lady

• Locked thread