Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

like i just tried to take a 3 hour nap and i woke up tired, sore, and generally miserable

teach me the ways of napping GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

symbolic posted:

like i just tried to take a 3 hour nap and i woke up tired, sore, and generally miserable

nap shorter. like 15-30 min. occasionally it feels like you had the best nights sleep ever

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
step one: start calling it a siesta

that should fix things

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
You're supposed to sleep one full REM cycle and not wake up mid-phase. Get a load of this fuckin nap noob

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I also nap for 2 hours and feel worse afterwards.

And lol napping for like 20 minutes does absolutely nothing for me.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i dunno all my siestas leave me sleepier than i was at the start

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I also nap for 2 hours and feel worse afterwards.

And lol napping for like 20 minutes does absolutely nothing for me.

this is a genetic disorder, you should see a doctor about it as its symptomatic of a greater underlying issue

http://www.webmd.com/brain/acoustic...toms-treatments

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
When I nap I have horrible nightmares and I wake up feeling like death

hth, op

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

symbolic posted:

smash a fifth of whiskey then go lay down it'll help

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Try drinking coffee and then napping for 15 minutes #sleephacks.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

down n out posted:

You're supposed to sleep one full REM cycle and not wake up mid-phase. Get a load of this fuckin nap noob
a full REM cycle is an hour and a half i believe, so i slept fully through two of them. you're wrong and bad.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
old and fat
fat and old

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I smoke weed, eat a one pound steak, then I sleep for like 45 minutes. It's not hard, OP.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Naps always make me feel like poo poo no matter how long they are.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
powernaps :eng101:

use the power of sleep to fuel your rage + gain new spells

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
3 hours is a long time to nap, i bet you were extremely sleep deprived which helped make you feel like poo poo. you might be sore because you were in some weird position and your brain was too tired to wake you up and make you adjust.

my best naps are always like 45-60 min.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

ROFLburger posted:

When I nap I have horrible nightmares and I wake up feeling like death

hth, op

me too

i think it has to do with heavy booze consumption on a daily basis

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit
limit them to about an hour, hour and a half tops

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I'm probably talking out of my rear end a little bit, but I think it's cuz if you're napping for only 1-3 hours then your body starts going into "sleep mode" and so waking up from that you still feel like you should be going back to sleep. The same thing happens to me where I feel really weak and tired immediately after a nap but once I start to actually do poo poo that reactivates my body and brain then I feel better than before the nap.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

nap shorter. like 15-30 min. occasionally it feels like you had the best nights sleep ever

Yup, set an alarm for 30 minutes when you do it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
when you hit 30 years old you level up and napping is unlocked

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

dad gay. so what posted:

powernaps :eng101:

use the power of sleep to fuel your rage + gain new spells

my spells traditionally come from the brainpotions my alchemist prescribes

but if i can get them from sleep its a total gamechanger.

tell me me more tell me more (like the song from grease lol)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SmokaDustbowl posted:

when you hit 30 years old you level up and napping is unlocked
i thought it was unlocked when i achieve college :eng99:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Youre not supposed to nap for 3 hrs idiot. Thst isnt a nap. If you cant do it for just 30-45 min just dont even bother imo

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Naps are for idiots. It's like, lol, stay awake and have fun. What are you, a baby?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
cuz they dont hate themslevs :D

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Cruising Gbs all day and jacking it to pedo anime isn't actually strenuous enough daily activity to warrant a nap op. Hope this helps.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

my spells traditionally come from the brainpotions my alchemist prescribes

but if i can get them from sleep its a total gamechanger.

tell me me more tell me more (like the song from grease lol)

go on adventures. defeat npcs. get treasures.

sometimes there is a scroll. read the scroll.

after a powernap you gain the spell from the scroll.

powernaps only last about 30 min tops. you can sleep when youre dead

20matar
Jul 9, 2013

70fugir

Benny Harvey posted:

Try drinking coffee and then napping for 15 minutes #sleephacks.

Unironically this. It's good. Won't take much of your time and you'll wake up with your mind clearer. Napping for like 3 hours will only gently caress you up and make you hate life. It's all the worst if you actually have reasons to hate it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
same OP

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i was going to make a mean joke but im not going to because i have turned over a new leaf!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

i was going to make a mean joke but im not going to because i have turned over a new leaf!
but do you still hate millennials

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

dad gay. so what posted:

but did you find a spell under it?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Your stamina bar gets too low if you over exert yourself, shitposting makes minimal impact on the bar, whereas serious posting is very taxing and arguably dangerous. Click the select button and select the amount of hours you want to nap, an hr suffices to refil, the whole meter, you were definitely overdoing it going more than an hr.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i've never napped. i just lay there like an idiot until i get bored and go play video games.

gently caress i wish i could nap

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i just smoke weed to recharge

like thc popeye

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
You know those weird delirious pseudo-dreams you start to get when you're falling asleep? Usually one of them sort of wakes you up; snaps you back to reality?

You have to get up right then and maybe you'll feel slightly recharged, otherwise you'll go into real sleep and gently caress tryna wake up from that.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

sleep makes you tired

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

45 minute nap no more no less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

OP you literally lie down or sit in a reclined comfortable position, and do nothing and you failed that.

Plus you dont set out to nap for 3 hours, christ thats liek a whole days worth of sleep. Set your goals more realistically like 15 minutes to a half hour. If you only lay there for 10-15 minutes and dont fall asleep, then you just get up and carry on with life. If you nap for 15-30 minutes and then wake up, then you're a winner. If you sleep for like 4 hours and now its getting dark out and you dont really know where you are or what's going on, then gently caress yeah, super winner!

• Locked thread