Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

i just smoke weed to recharge

like thc popeye

Potpie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T8R
Aug 9, 2005
Yes, I would like some tea!
I nap during my lunch half hour at noon. The first couple of weeks made me feel lovely. Now I just fall asleep immediately and wake up fine. Hooray for naps!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hey op. shut the gently caress up. lol every thought about that ??

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

hey op. shut the gently caress up. lol every thought about that ??
:smithicide:

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

the mistake is trying to choose when you sleep. if your tired, lay down. don't get tired at work, you can use drugs/caffeine/smokes/whatever

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

symbolic posted:

like i just tried to take a 3 hour nap and i woke up tired, sore, and generally miserable

teach me the ways of napping GBS

I schedule my maps around when I take my adderal. when it kicks in, my head slows down so that I can sleep, i naturally wake up 20 minutes later...unless I haven't been sleeping at night, then i end up sleeping the amount I needed.

I hate my life. :(

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

symbolic posted:

like i just tried to take a 3 hour nap and i woke up tired, sore, and generally miserable

teach me the ways of napping GBS

eat a lot of amphetamines and work 3 jobs and sleep 3 hrs a night

you'll find you're able to take micro-naps at convenient times through the day and also that reptillians disguise themselves as fast food workers and try to poison your big macs

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A misanthrope posted:

you'll find you're able to take micro-naps at convenient times through the day and also that reptillians disguise themselves as fast food workers and try to poison your big macs

Pretty much me minus the amphetamines and lizardman conspiracy.

Still freaks people the gently caress out when I tell them that though.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill give you a fuckin dirt nap OP

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
dont take a three hour nap you moron thats a full half night's worth of sleep no wonder you feel like poo poo.

Lay down, pretend you're asleep which means NOT thinking about anything and everything justl iterally lay there, pretending youre asleep or a corpse or whatever, do that for no longer than 45:00 and you'll be set

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Started reading this thread, got bored, napped for an hour.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Just napped for at least two hours, felt great but got woken up by lightning :mad:

Short naps really are best, but I found drinking caffeine before passing out makes waking up easier no matter when you wake up

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Seriously. If I'm going to sleep, it is going to be for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably 8. 20 minutes or whatever is just needlessly torturing yourself.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Bible posted:

Seriously. If I'm going to sleep, it is going to be for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably 8. 20 minutes or whatever is just needlessly torturing yourself.

look at this guy. this loving guy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

The Bible posted:

what's it like being a white middle class male with just one job that supports you?

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

OP you literally lie down or sit in a reclined comfortable position, and do nothing and you failed that.

Seriously, 3 hours isn't a nap that's just a lovely night's sleep.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

praxis posted:

Seriously, 3 hours isn't a nap that's just a lovely night's sleep.

seriously don't knock it

we all can't be IT guys making $70,000+ a year

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Personally I never honor a nap. If my neighbor shows a sign of weakness I will attack suddenly and without warning.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Kuato posted:

Your stamina bar gets too low if you over exert yourself, shitposting makes minimal impact on the bar, whereas serious posting is very taxing and arguably dangerous. Click the select button and select the amount of hours you want to nap, an hr suffices to refil, the whole meter, you were definitely overdoing it going more than an hr.

Well poo poo, all these years and I didn't know there was a select button

The Bible
May 8, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

what's it like being a white middle class male with just one job that supports you?

Gotta be honest, it kicks rear end.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Cuckoo posted:

but I found drinking caffeine before passing out makes waking up easier no matter when you wake up

same goes triple for drugs.

eat a scooby snack, take a disco nap

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

A misanthrope posted:

This person knows what i'm talking about.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
I just napped for 6 hours, no joke. i'll probably go back to bed at like midnight-1 and sleep another 8. i fuckin love sleeping

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
figure out your REM bullshit. for me, multiples of 45 min seem to work

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I take a 3 hour nap like every day after work. It rules.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
I am a genetic failure who needs like 9 hours of sleep a night and still wakes up tired.

It's p bad.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fargo Fukes posted:

I am a genetic failure who needs like 9 hours of sleep a night and still wakes up tired.

It's p bad.

you should go to a doctor you *redacted* buddy, i think he will help your life and make you a better person!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
not sure about everyone but i know potus can nap whenever and be refreshed because theres a hamock in the oval office that nixon put in, and because of cia sleep drugs

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
senators are also skilled nappers due to their experiece with the 'filibuster' procedure whereby one senators reads his phone bill and everyone else naps

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
It is too hot outside to nap! I usually get a dollar burger and nap in my car to fill my hour lunch, but now I swear my rear end off. gently caress summer!

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Even if you don't get to sleep, or don't recognize if you do, just relaxing yourself for half an hour helps.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
napping can also be facilitated by a heavy spooge moments prior

Orkin Mang fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 29, 2015

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Earplugs

Eyemask

Masturbate

Timer

Coffee

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If you seriously can't make your body sleep/wake up when you need it to, you should kill yourself, you don't deserve that resources

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
step 1. naps are for pussies.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

dad gay. so what posted:

powernaps :eng101:

use the power of sleep to fuel your rage + gain new spells

i like the cut of your jib

honkey

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Ghaz posted:

the mistake is trying to choose when you sleep. if your tired, lay down. don't get tired at work, you can use drugs/caffeine/smokes/whatever

Good advice.

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
Don't waste your precious time with naps, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont nap

I save the whole sleep thing for when I sleep

• Locked thread