Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Be Mexican, Spanish or Greek : Anytime you are not working (most of the time) makes sleeping feel great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

my best method involves a heavy dose of THC, lay down for a while, sleep, and when you wake up, your brain has already done the mental rebuilding necessary AND the high is to manageable levels, so you feel really good and refreshed.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
How do you even fall asleep for a nap?

There is literally no way I can fall asleep unless it's late and I'm really tired.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

ill give you a fuckin dirt nap OP

just fyi op, to "take a dirt nap" means "to be buried in the ground, as a corpse would be" so this guy is threatening to kill op. mods??

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

fastest way imo

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Have you tried cocaine? 5 hour energy makes a lunch nap impossible.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
maybe if you exerted some energy at any point in your day you could convince your body to rest

its pretty hard to rest in the middle of the day when youre a sedentary loaf of a man whose level of activity is just a few ticks above sleep

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

THE PWNER posted:

There is literally no way I can fall asleep unless it's late and I'm really tired.

chronic illness, busy as poo poo day wearing me out, comedown from ritalin, or I eat a big bowl of sugary cereal. all of those knock me out.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Having kids made napping a thing of the past for me.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Don't nap, drink coffee, and soda, and energy drinks.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

powernaps :eng101:

use the power of sleep to fuel your rage + gain new spells

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

The Bible posted:

Gotta be honest, it kicks rear end.

i liked you, the bible

liked

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lift weights, ride bike, snooze for 10 minutes.

:feelsgood:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
1 and 1/2 to 2 hours seems to work best for napping for me. Longer and I feel like poo poo. Shorter and why bother.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

THE PWNER posted:

Do you never go to bed at a reasonable hour? Do you really want people to tell you how to sleep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

nap shorter. like 15-30 min. occasionally it feels like you had the best nights sleep ever

This dude knows whats up. A 20 minute nap is one of the greatest things on earth. Workplaces should have nap times people would get more done.

Taking a 3 hour nap isn't a nap. It's just sleeping at weird times.

• Locked thread