Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
there are no reviews out for it yet, and it seems like it's going to have batman combat (which, to me, is bad)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Its not even out yet and I saw that they're already trying to sell it for $23 on G2a which is not a good sign.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I don't know. Who cares.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't know. Who cares.

i do, as a person who purchases video games on a regular basis

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Between MGSV, Mario Maker and Dragon Quest I don't even know if anyone here will have time to play it until several months from now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont care

Soral
May 30, 2009

the pc version will undoubtedly be complete trash. beyond that, who gives a gently caress

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Between MGSV, Mario Maker and Dragon Quest I don't even know if anyone here will have time to play it until several months from now.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

why are people saying its gonna be trash? its made by the just cause people with pc as the main platform. its going to be good. its probably on sale so it actually has a chance to sell a copy against mgsv

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why is this game still coming out on September First? Are they crazy? It's not too late to just push it back a month and add some new cars.. win win honestly. They must be seriously stupid.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If they had started working on this game three months earlier, they could have released it right after the Mad Max movie and made huge dollars. What is wrong with them.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think maybe they wanted to release alongside the blueray. But they didn't count on kojima also wanting to release his game on the same day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

frank.club posted:

I think maybe they wanted to release alongside the blueray. But they didn't count on kojima also wanting to release his game on the same day

the movie should also get out of the way

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
it looks like it might be fun to gently caress around with for a couple hours when it goes on sale for like 2 bux in a few months

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i really have no idea OP. i don't follow gaming news and just barely pay attention to news on series i actually like.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

conan's buds played it for a while, the driving looks fun and arcadey and theres ramming but youre kind of driving around a big empty desert forever and it looks like it would get boring after 2 hours like that shadow of mordor game

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
since I got MGS5 as a gift, im thinking of buying mad max so that I have something to tide me over for the 12 hours until MGS5

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The movie was good.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

klapman posted:

since I got MGS5 as a gift, im thinking of buying mad max so that I have something to tide me over for the 12 hours until MGS5

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

klapman posted:

mgs5 comes out first i think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Peggy... I'm already a demon

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobnumerotres posted:

conan's buds played it for a while, the driving looks fun and arcadey and theres ramming but youre kind of driving around a big empty desert forever and it looks like it would get boring after 2 hours like that shadow of mordor game

hmmm, i think it's definitely going to be a sale game at this point

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I buy every game 6- 12 months after release on steam sales. I don't care when I play a game

Still waiting for Xenoverse

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

i watched the devs play a smeak preview on twitch and the open world looked kind of boring.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

i watched the devs play a smeak preview on twitch and the open world looked kind of boring.

That sucks. Hopefully Just Cause 3 is better.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Just Cause 2 is decently fun for the first several hours but it isn't nearly as great as the entire internet constantly proclaims it is.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just Cause 2 is decently fun for the first several hours but it isn't nearly as great as the entire internet constantly proclaims it is.

once you get over the massive map and being able to surf everything it's a fairly lovely game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It suffers from HL2 disease. The grappling hook and movement is really really fun but the rest of the game is extremely boring.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i had fun beating half life 2 on release day in 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i had fun beating half life 2 on release day in 2004

I had fun beating it in 2009 as the first PC game I ever played other than wow

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i had hl2 on xbox and later i played it on 360 and it was way worse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

If they had started working on this game three months earlier, they could have released it right after the Mad Max movie and made huge dollars. What is wrong with them.

iirc this game's original release date was like 6 months ago and then they pushed it to match with blu Ray release. Idk why but it could be alright I guess. The earliest I'll play this game is like 2017 though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

i had hl2 on xbox and later i played it on 360 and it was way worse

I wonder if the 360 tf2 servers are still alive

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

I wonder if the 360 tf2 servers are still alive

i like thinking they're like a gaming limbo where people go to escape the ravages of time

there's just still 2fort 24/7 games running pre-custom weapons patch in this mental picture

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i dont know if the game will be good, but the movie was really good!

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
if history is any indicator to the quality of the max max movie-to-video game port will be the next goldeneye 64

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Stairmaster posted:

mgs5 comes out first i think

nah on steam MGS5 is a noon release, while mad max is midnight

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The game might be alright, but I won't buy it full price. It sounds like it has some neat aspects but an open world desert just doesn't sound that appealing.

An open world dessert, on the other hand....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

An open world dessert, on the other hand....
Whoa! That would be nuts!!!

• Locked thread