Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

akadajet posted:

i can't find a picture of it, but i had to use a lotus product once that used a random number of 'hieroglyphics' to obscure your password as you typed lol

that's lotus notes

it's a standard thing, though current versions changed the hieroglyphics to little keychain pictures. sometimes one of the keychain pieces is one of the old hieroglyphics!! little notes easter egg there, hah hah!

also it randomizes the amount of XXXXX's as you type, and you cannot copy/paste in the password field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Store
May 2, 2009

Lotus Notes was pretty awful to use aside from Sametime.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wild EEPROM posted:

My favorite is how long search takes for anything.

Like, a good 30 seconds to search through 400 emails.

this probably means your mail db isn't indexed.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Shaggar posted:

this probably means your mail db isn't indexed.

probably, but search has never been fast anyways.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SO DEMANDING posted:

that's lotus notes

it's a standard thing, though current versions changed the hieroglyphics to little keychain pictures. sometimes one of the keychain pieces is one of the old hieroglyphics!! little notes easter egg there, hah hah!

also it randomizes the amount of XXXXX's as you type, and you cannot copy/paste in the password field

so that's notes 8.5.1+. you can tell cause it has the reset password section. if you click the + it doesn't actually give the user a way to reset their password automatically, it shows them the text that the administrator put into the reset password instructions which is usually just "call the help desk"

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
notes was awful and i was so happy when we finally convinced the germans to move off of it... now we just have to deal with ~3,200 lotus notes databases that need to be migrated too...

best part about sometime was i worked with a guy about a year from retirement named tom and he had an animated gif of the terminator with his face edited in... he would paste it with the text THE TOMINATOR whenever he did something cool for someone in sametime

also several of the ba and tech leads had a shared animated gif library that was all company in jokes

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
buy THE TOMINATOR an account

pram
Jun 10, 2001
a wide selection of company approved memes and gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mad Wack posted:

best part about sometime was i worked with a guy about a year from retirement named tom and he had an animated gif of the terminator with his face edited in... he would paste it with the text THE TOMINATOR whenever he did something cool for someone in sametime

this is one of those things that is funny, then annoying, then loving hilarious every time it happens

• Locked thread