Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
gently caress! *clicks back button*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
There's a front page discussion?

Richard McBeef
Apr 21, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
goondolences

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
oh poo poo it's not working *clicks back button repeatedly*

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

should've backed out of gbs too

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
how can anyone submit an awful link of the day if every weird fetish and mental illness is now a Protected Class (TM)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

how can anyone submit an awful link of the day if every weird fetish and mental illness is now a Protected Class (TM)

Who do you think they're supposed to be protected from? :twisted:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
one of the best threads ever was in Front Page Discussion and it involved FYAD killing off the Current Reviews section because they kept writing poo poo like "the writers of this movie have no idea what a female plane would look like".

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Full Metal Jackass posted:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i once got punished for that i thikn cause i hit the wrong button and i was like "what are all these BAD threads doing in GBS?" so i "trolled" them and then i got banned or something. lesson learned never take sleeping pills with hard booze. sheesh

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
i always accidentally click on the "main" page. there's always like 20 people listed as browsing the page and i wonder if they're there accidentally too.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
They are waiting for Hard Ticket to Baghdad.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
I do that sometimes accidentally and wonder for a second how all the threads got so terrible at once.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
im hay

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

one of the best threads ever was in Front Page Discussion and it involved FYAD killing off the Current Reviews section because they kept writing poo poo like "the writers of this movie have no idea what a female plane would look like".

pixar taught me what a female volcano would look like

it has boobs

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

A guy I work with once sent me a link to the front page. I asked if he reads the forums and he said no.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Full Metal Jackass posted:

:clownballoon:

cop gay. no donut
Aug 10, 2015

by Lowtax
didn't know this forum existed thanks my life is now complete now I can escape this veil of tears

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

cop gay. no donut posted:

didn't know this forum existed thanks my life is now complete now I can escape this veil of tears

any time friend :downs: !

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hobohemian posted:

I do that sometimes accidentally and wonder for a second how all the threads got so terrible at once.

Hobohemian I think you are a good poster but I had to block your avvie because it makes every thread you post in unreadable. sorry and please dont take this personally. namaste

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

thathonkey posted:

gently caress! *clicks back button*

next time click the "log out" button

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Libelous Slander posted:

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

SA's gently caress Gay Discussion

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

LifeSizePotato posted:

should've backed out of gbs too

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

the front page is good and i read it all the time

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Libelous Slander posted:

rude :smith:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

you guys read the spout.ly drinking fountain review series? some of the funniest poo poo i've read in a long time

http://www.somethingawful.com/series/spoutly-drinking-fountain-reviews/

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

A misanthrope posted:

you guys read the spout.ly drinking fountain review series? some of the funniest poo poo i've read in a long time

http://www.somethingawful.com/series/spoutly-drinking-fountain-reviews/

i read the first one and it was kinda eeeehhh good premise but 6.5/10 feel free to read the full review on my own front page article reviewing front page articles coming soon

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Putty posted:

i read the first one and it was kinda eeeehhh good premise but 6.5/10 feel free to read the full review on my own front page article reviewing front page articles coming soon

not looking at it unless you have a forum that costs money to join where I can claim that I'm not aware that you have a frontpage

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
The superior awful forums reader for windows 10 tm has front page discussion built in

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
whats a front page?

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Vastarien posted:

i always accidentally click on the "main" page. there's always like 20 people listed as browsing the page and i wonder if they're there accidentally too.

I read through front page discussion stuff and other archived main content stuff on my phone before I go to sleep every night. It's relaxing in its humor, devoid of any actual risk of being jarring or otherwise having enough actual comedy to keep me from falling asleep.

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

i guess you uh had to have been there for that one

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Agreed, killing off a continuing source of entertainment and one of the only front-page articles to ever generate discussion in the name of e-cred was some majorly epic lolz. Now instead of getting to read hilarious diatribes about how Pixar's Inside Out is a trans allegory because some of the girl's emotions are voiced by men and how Ant Man is a stealth MRA vehicle because it's about a divorced man's visitation rights our dead gay website is that much deader and gayer and the weird movie people have scattered to the winds.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
did they ever go through with making their movie review offsite, I seriously can't get enough of grown men crying about the quiet beauty of A Goofy Movie

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

A guy I work with once sent me a link to the front page. I asked if he reads the forums and he said no.

I heard that you get banned from reading the front page if you say "there's a forums?".

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the forums is like a locked basement floor where they keep all the ... er... "undesirables"

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

this is a

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

oh god what am i doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

just had a moment of severe introspection kive never felt so loving depressed goosbye

• Locked thread