Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Anything less than a Jeff Varner win will be disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Listening to RHAP, they were talking about the metagame wherein just about everybody was lying when they interviewed leading up to the vote. With this in mind, I'm hoping Wigglesworth has something up her sleeve.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

Listening to RHAP, they were talking about the metagame wherein just about everybody was lying when they interviewed leading up to the vote. With this in mind, I'm hoping Wigglesworth has something up her sleeve.

I don't understand why they would do this. What is the advantage? Sounds like a recipe for annoying the viewers.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

blue squares posted:

I don't understand why they would do this. What is the advantage? Sounds like a recipe for annoying the viewers.

When you play poker do you just announce your hand to your opponents at the start of the hand?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Yes. Is that wrong? People seem to enjoy playing with me, especially for money.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SweetJahasus posted:

When you play poker do you just announce your hand to your opponents at the start of the hand?

INTERVIEWS.

Edit: By this I am thinking they mean the producer interviews in the style of reality show confessionals that no other contestant sees.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 11, 2015

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

I hope so. The way she presented herself was extremely dull.

"I don't watch the show anymore. I don't believe alliances and challenges should be part of the game. We should all just focus on the surviving."

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

blue squares posted:

INTERVIEWS.

Edit: By this I am thinking they mean the producer interviews in the style of reality show confessionals that no other contestant sees.

No, it's referring to the interviews that Rob did with most of the second chances nomination pool, that other second chances players were listening to.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

No, it's referring to the interviews that Rob did with most of the second chances nomination pool, that other second chances players were listening to.

Oh gently caress the vote to get on the show, not the vote at Tribal Council.

I'm sorry!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Met posted:

"I don't watch the show anymore. I don't believe alliances and challenges should be part of the game. We should all just focus on the surviving."

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Its a leftover from the fact that she played a different game so obviously would be thinking of that game. But once she's in it she'll either adapt or get booted out. And from what I remember of Borneo she adapted pretty well to Hatch when he started to take over the game even though it clearly wasn't her thing and she rather be having fun surviving in paradise with nice people like Gretchen and Colleen. But she read the writing on the wall so played the game with Hatch, Rudy, and Sue.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Honestly, it doesn't bother me. Its a leftover from the fact that she played a different game so obviously would be thinking of that game. But once she's in it she'll either adapt or get booted out. And from what I remember of Borneo she adapted pretty well to Hatch when he started to take over the game even though it clearly wasn't her thing and she rather be having fun surviving in paradise with nice people like Gretchen and Colleen. But she read the writing on the wall so played the game with Hatch, Rudy, and Sue.

It does sound like she was actively doing prep work with Varner, so she may be more prepared than she let on!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/teos2015

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Met posted:

All of that stuff was a lie though. Varner confirmed that she was part of the pre-game alliance along with him and some others and they were doing conference calls, planning elaborate strategies, etc.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don't know about that. She was an absolute bore in Borneo. I'm just not expecting much of her.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Met posted:

I don't know about that. She was an absolute bore in Borneo. I'm just not expecting much of her.

I'm not saying she's going to be a strategic mastermind but she's been saying "I haven't talked to anyone pre-game, I don't have any alliances, I don't want to make any alliances when I'm out there" and now we know that was all a lie. So we know she's at least game to be a number and play the game to some degree, she's not going to pull a Gabriel Cade like she was trying to imply.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm really curious to see which seasons fall in the middle. I'd go with Guatemala. Not a great season, but it wasn't completely derailed by returning players and hidden immunity idols.

bbf2 posted:

they were doing conference calls, planning elaborate strategies, etc.
All-stars is the worst.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm really curious to see which seasons fall in the middle. I'd go with Guatemala. Not a great season, but it wasn't completely derailed by returning players and hidden immunity idols.
All-stars is the worst.

I ranked Guatemala #1 :black101:

Man, it's a good season man as long as you don't have ay dee dee, man.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Hey man, it's rude to tell people they have ADD.
You're being a bad sportsmanship.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Met posted:

I listened to RHAP's cast preview thing, and Rob was absolutely convinced Wiglesworth has been pulling an elaborate con job, and is there to win the game. I think it's totally possible. She seems to have a terrifyingly good poker face, for one thing.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Spatula City posted:

I listened to RHAP's cast preview thing, and Rob was absolutely convinced Wiglesworth has been pulling an elaborate con job, and is there to win the game.

I don't even think it's possible. If she got the votes Jeff would be about to hand her the check then yank it away and jetpack out of there. A producer would have to explain that a Kelly can't win Survivor because it would "burn all the laws of nature to a crisp."

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

She's the only one that can come back and change the fate of Kellys forever.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

garthoneeye posted:

Hey man, it's rude to tell people they have ADD.
You're being a bad sportsmanship.

That thing is by far, definitely on the ground, man

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

There's already been one Kelly winner.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

blue squares posted:

There's already been one Kelly winner.

Um, no there hasn't?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Purple Kelly won Nicaragua when she realized the only winning move was to not play

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

blue squares posted:

Purple Kelly won Nicaragua when she realized the only winning move was to not play

Even the production team forgot about Purple Kelly she's still there :ohdear:

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

blue squares posted:

does that mean she's a joint winner with naonka?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Big Taint posted:

She's the only one that can come back and change the fate of Kellys forever.

Kelley Wentworth is my Kelly Messiah.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah seriously, Wentworth is promising.

lol if this season comes down to Kelly v Kelly

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Yeah seriously, Wentworth is promising.

lol if this season comes down to Kelly v Kelly

Kelly W vs. Kelly W (starting on the same tribe)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Survivor's contract runs until a Kelly wins though.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

SalTheBard posted:

Kelly W vs. Kelly W (starting on the same tribe)

I think it's Kelley W. vs Kelly W., at least?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
New avatar. Locking in my winner pick.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Watching Heroes vs Villains for the first time. Just saw the part where Russel got Tyson voted off. Goddamn that was a super move. Like, one of the greatest moves of all time. drat.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

To be fair, it was basically all error in Tyson's part. Tyson tried to make a move that had almost zero upside for him. I dislike the editing in both Samoa and Heroes Villains. Because it's so focused on Russell, it makes it hard to determine what really happened during those seasons.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

garthoneeye posted:

To be fair, it was basically all error in Tyson's part. Tyson tried to make a move that had almost zero upside for him. I dislike the editing in both Samoa and Heroes Villains. Because it's so focused on Russell, it makes it hard to determine what really happened during those seasons.

Russell loving smoked everyone. That's what happened.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

It was a small misstep on Tyson's part, but Russell loving pounced on it like a boss.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Russell is overrated but the Tyson thing was brilliant and I'll never understand how Russell detractors give him little to no credit for it. Everyone always quotes some Tyson interview where he says Russell had nothing to do with it, and that his flip was because he figured Russell was voting Parvati and Parvati/Danielle were voting Russell, so he changed it from what he thought was a 5-4 Russell vote to a 5-4 Parvati vote. But that's EXACTLY what Russell was hoping for-- the episode included a scene where Russell tells Tyson right before Tribal Council that he's voting for Parvati. Tyson can claim that the conversation didn't influence him one way or the other, but Tyson's also kind of an arrogant dope and I don't know why anyone would trust him on that.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

mancalamania posted:

Russell is overrated but the Tyson thing was brilliant and I'll never understand how Russell detractors give him little to no credit for it. Everyone always quotes some Tyson interview where he says Russell had nothing to do with it, and that his flip was because he figured Russell was voting Parvati and Parvati/Danielle were voting Russell, so he changed it from what he thought was a 5-4 Russell vote to a 5-4 Parvati vote. But that's EXACTLY what Russell was hoping for-- the episode included a scene where Russell tells Tyson right before Tribal Council that he's voting for Parvati. Tyson can claim that the conversation didn't influence him one way or the other, but Tyson's also kind of an arrogant dope and I don't know why anyone would trust him on that.

This guy knows what's up. That was some jedi poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Real Russell haters know that CBS paid Tyson to make that vote.

• Locked thread