Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i should be doing things that arent mgs or thinking about mgs but i cant stop

that part where you gotta fight skulls on the river is just cool as gently caress, especially when its snipers vs snipers

the ruins in afganistan are in mgo right?? i hope we'll get some cool jungle area that we can apply a poo poo ton of fog and mist to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

CVagts posted:

So what are the pros and cons to swapping out Snake for one of your random combat unit goons every now and then? I assume it prevents you from getting Bond with your buddy, and they can't equip everything Snake can I assume.

well if your dude doesnt have some distinguished service medal you can earn em one by doing something like a mission?? im quite sure you gotta play at least 20-30 mins and get A or S rank?

but at at rate you could also just farm A+ and A++ soldiers by speed running through metal archaea

you cant equip bionics on your soldiers though but you can still knock, you should really try it

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Apparently shooting the pod with armor-piercing ammo elicits some reactions, but I haven't tried it yet.

i shot it with the rubber bullet rifle, UN ARC was it? gave the same lines as if i shot it with the ap WU tranq

seems like they get all the voice actors to do this japanese equivalent of the quick brown fox, the ai pod does it and im p sure kiefers recording of it is just sitting in the files

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hooooly gently caress, I just saw the Paz cutscene after you collect the last photo

:stonk:

That was hosed. UP.

its p trippy that ocelot plays along with venoms hullucination

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
if you dont got quiet and wanna do metallic archaea just run into the hanger and crawl around the plane for cover, only 2 of them will bother you

and why has no one recommended the sawn off yet?? just look at the damage stat on it

also protip for extreme bring d walks and do not take their health below half way unless youre mowing into them while they are trying to gas you

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i wonder how many takes its took kief to do HAIDARAA!!!! and pikachu lighting storm attack

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

Mouse/keyboard won't be better unless your main issue is difficulty aiming. What's mission 3? If I remember which mission that actually is I could give you more specific advice.

General advice though:
Try to mark as many people as you can before entering an encampment. You can usually mark most of the guards from a good hill or whatever outside the place.
Crouch walk when you're in a encampment, and look around corners. Rolling along the floor will make you way harder to spot but also limits your ability to see and is kinda ridiculous.
Get good at tranqing dudes in the head with your lovely little WU pistol.
Deploy at night and equip your NVG to get a little more room for error when sneaking.

to be snake you must move like a snake

its also faster to to crawl than slow crouch the last 10m behind a guy

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Strong Sauce posted:

looks unrealistic.

the rear end i mean.

this thread is now about norman reedus' digital rear end

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I kind of wish there were more fights like with Eli in the game, where you have the opportunity to play around with the CQC that you don't really get to otherwise. I mean there's also fighting the skulls i guess but there is only the one counter you can do to them.

Maybe Raincoat Killer Chico would have fulfilled this role in another world :(

rite 'ere

in twin peaks deadly premonition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Posts

• Locked thread