Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

xPanda posted:

How do you roll when prone using the keyboard controls?

It changed from the walk button to the sprint button. I don't recall what the default bindings were for either of those.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

For the Extract Intel Operative side-op, if you already have Hideo are you supposed to get another? (I have him already from a GZ save)

I ask because my Mother Base was full and after extracting the target I got a notification that staff were dismissed and I'm wondering if it just cost me a unique soldier.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

So how does the whole FOB friend support thing work? (on PC if that matters) It doesn't seem to pull in my friends list and I don't see anyway to manually add people other than the game giving you a list of random people.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Is there an anti-air radar or communication equipment in OKB Zero? I want to blow them up if they exist.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

It rained the day I was born.

I was the lightning in that rain.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Section Z posted:

Yup, that's the one. I've literally heard it only the one time. But the only things going on of note I could think of was stuff that had happened a billion times before, somebody checking out a spot with a flashlight, then turning around and leaving (just short of rounding the corner where I ws hiding).

Never heard that noise until the most recent flashlight check fail.

I'm 99% sure it's a noise that triggers when an enemy is in your field of view while you are in cover.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Necrosaro posted:

How do I get my FOB guards to use the grade 5 ALM 48 machine gun instead of the grade 4 AM MRS-4R assault rifle I have researched? I have the grade 5 battle dress armor unlocked but these assholes are still carrying the lower grade assault rifle. I checked all the guards and most an assault rifle and only a few have a rocket launcher with a smg.

Make sure the equipment grade in your security settings is turned up to 5(it can go up to 7 now).

I think it's advanced settings -> all platforms.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Like you can kinda faintly hear The Truck coming and it's like "Oh goddammit not now"

On the other hand if you can intercept The Truck away from a camp/base it's basically totally helpless. Shoot at it once with a silenced lethal weapon and the truck will stop, both guys will get out and be conveniently out of line of sight of one another so you can take 'em out by like sprinting directly at them from the right angle if you want.

If you have a weapon with good penetration(like a sniper rifle) you can shoot the tires while the truck is moving. The truck will skid and the passengers will be stunned and you can fulton them all in one go.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Back in the Ground Zeroes thread someone had extracted the textures from the game and found that the medic had Snake's exact face only slightly younger looking. This was back before The Phantom Pain had a release date so I don't think anyone thought much of it at the time.

Also, does anyone have a good method for horn size reduction?

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

codo27 posted:

If I aim, and then tap the fire button, it should go where the arc was, not just change in that instant which totally fucks you up a lot of the time.

I know I'm a bit of a grandpa Simpson when it comes to games, but gently caress a AAA title that doesn't hesitate to throw credits in after every 5 minutes shouldn't be full of stupid poo poo like this.

I have the same problem but only with grenades, magazines work just fine. If I try and do an underhand throw it will change to overhand at the last second. If I do an overhand throw, it's fine. I work around this by always doing an overhand throw.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

This person is obviously cheating, right? They have 3.7 million offense with a level 0 combat unit that contains 0 members.

I see numbers like that all the time and I don't know if the person is cheating or everyone else knows something that I don't about how PF stuff works.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

dex_sda posted:

question about no tracing missions where you have to extract a guy: I just tried mission 3 and easily held up the commander. Except, he didn't want to be held up. I bumped into him and then the holdup stuck, but this seems to have voided my No Traces. Do I just gotta hope the holdup works?

edit: it also could have been d-dog bumping into an enemy voiding it, I'm not sure.

Did you at any point reload a gun? That seems to void the no traces bonus.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

I had my FOBs set to non-lethal because I was worried about people hacking to have infinite health(on PC). After two failed defenses in which the attackers were neutralized multiple times, I switched back to lethal.

Is there any benefit to having non-lethal defenses? They seem too easily exploitable provided the attacker can keep something above them to block the fulton.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Augus posted:

Non-lethal gets you more money for capturing the invader and also is way more embarrassing for them because each time they're knocked out costs like 500 heroism

That makes me feel better that the guy was eating a minus 500 every time he went down.

6 times. Screenshots are all the same invasion. 4 strut, long range, non-lethal.

He eventually made it after 21 minutes and 3 combat alerts. I had 15 guys in sickbay because he shot everyone.

Nakar posted:

Non-lethal is way better if a player shows up to defend. The sleep mortars have crazy range, the smoke UAVs annoy the hell out of campers, and the guard weapons make it more likely that crossfire will knock a guy out (since their weapons usually bypass armor). It's a lot easier to deal with an invader, especially a cheater, if the FOB is non-lethal. If no one shows up it sucks.

Also non-lethal FOB guards have gas masks and don't show up on NVGs.

I've only participated in one invasion that happened to occur while I was online out of the eight that have occurred so far. All that stuff sounds cool thought and I may stick with it. Maybe I'll change my FOB settings to be short ranged so my soldiers are closer when the intruder goes down.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

In an attempt to try and find the benefits of FOB settings other than Long Range/Lethal, I decided to write down as much as I could.

pre:
Non-Lethal

Armor:                  Misc:
Sneaking Suit           Sleep Gas Mortar
Gas Mask                Sleep Mines
NVG                     NL AA Guns
                        Stun Grenades
                        Smoke Grenade Drone
                        Stun Decoy

Short:                  Mid:                        Long:
Shotgun                 Assault Rifle               Assault Rifle
SMG + Shield                                        Sniper Rifle

Note:   -Soldiers can use a lethal pistol
        -NL Sniper Rifle does not cause knockdown
        -Smoke causes the invader to breifly flinch
        -Guards need to fulton extract the intruder but unless the
         intruder is KO'd at a guard's feet it is possible to wake up before that can happen.
pre:
Lethal

Armor:                  Misc:
Battle Dress            Mortar
NVG                     Claymore Mines
                        AA Guns
                        Frag Grenades
                        LMG Drones
                        Stun Decoy
                        Gun Camera

Short:                  Mid:                        Long:
Shotgun                 Assault Rifle               Assault Rifle
SMG + Shield            LMG                         Sniper Rifle
                        Missile Launcher

Note:   -Guards with the Missile Launcher use a SMG when not using the Missile Launcher
        -Guards equipped with missiles will attempt to move to sniper positions during an alert
Non Lethal, at any range, is super easy to brute force and appears to be better suited to delaying the intruder rather than actually neutralizing them. Probably gets better with lower blockade timers.

Long Range/Lethal still feels like the best but maybe Mid Range/Lethal has a place? Most of the guards would be at ground level and thus not in very visible sniper perches in the event that the invader is the type to immediately start shooting everyone.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Just did my placed cameras. Adding them increased my security level by 5 per platform.

When I was setting them up, I would knock out my own guards and dump the bodies in places I wanted to be sure the camera could see.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

Where did you place them and how many cameras do you get? 4?

I have mines and cams developed, but haven't had time to place them yet.

You get 1 Camera and 4 mines per platform. I don't have mines yet but the camera placement is done by aiming a special gun and "shooting" where the camera will be placed.

I tried placing the camera in spots where an invader would have to go through in order to reach the core.

For example, on my Command Platforms I placed the camera in that short hallway that lead to the catwalk underneath the helipad.
My hope is that either:
A: Invader runs when camera is looking away and hits the mine just outside the doorway(the game places the mine there, not me)
B: Invader shoots camera, people come to investigate
C: Invader gets spotted by the camera and an alert is triggered

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

White Coke posted:

Do you mean per strut, or do you only get one camera and four mines regardless of the size of a platform? And are the custom placed defenses taken from the total number of mines/cameras you get or in addition to them?

The latter.

I think the mines and cameras are separate from the regular counts but I haven't confirmed this myself.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

OldMemes posted:

So I've got all the achievements now, but the ingame completion is only at 99%? I've bulit all the Mother Base platforms, got all the animals, s ranked all the missions with optional objectives done and done all the side ops. Odd.

In the pause menu there is a Records option. In there somewhere is a menu that lists a breakdown of the things that count towards completion percentage.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

I've started eyeballing the non-lethal rocket launcher and thinking about making my FOB non-lethal again.

On the one hand, I'd lose the the long range spotting abilities of the sniper rifles(I'm assuming the rocket launcher is paired with the medium range setup similar to the Killer Bee).

On the other, a near-constant stream of sleep gas would be pretty hard to surmount if an alert was triggered. Additionally, the Steam friends integration means that now I have a better chance of a defender showing up.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

The lesson here is don't use short range FOB guards.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Is there a "hot-route" for R&D? Otherwise, I'm just going to leave mines in front of the door.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Yeah the new Challenge mode is a lot of fun. Basically you make it so that your FOB can be attacked at any time (no insurance, no blockade preventing repeated attacks). The invader gets 'challenge points' for completing certain objectives, while the defender gets a way bigger bonus if he successfully stops the invader. The owner/allies are also immediately notified if there is an attack, but you do not get revenge wormholes against the invader. Its mainly for pvp fun, where you can fight each other with little risk if you get whomped. It is also a lot of fun to test out your custom placement of mines/cameras as well.

If you opt into the Challenge mode, can you then opt back out? My plan would be to opt in while I'm playing the game and opt out otherwise.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Is there any reason at all why it wont count me extrating the transport truck driver in the extreme version of traitors caravan? I've extracted him before and after the skulls came out, while i was fighting them, every which possible way you can think doing it other waitinf through the conversations and extracting him at Kiziba Camp.

Any help at all? This is really pissing me off.

I had a similar probelm. I knew which guy was/would become the truck driver and extracting him never counted. Success came when I waited for him to drive the truck first. I made sure to mark the guy at the airport so that when the skulls pop out I could identify him.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

White Coke posted:

Any suggestions on where to go to get the box sliding challenges completed?

I just did mine at the mansion in Lufwa valley. There's a hill behind the mansion that leads to a wooden bridge.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

El Hefe posted:

anyone knows the recipe for this? I already have the magazine but I don't have that barrel

Looks like the ultra short barrel SVG-67U

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah the 4-item limit on online development seems like a really blatant way to encourage this poo poo

I'm finally starting to run out of things to do/try on FOBs, broke the top 1000 in rankings, and now I just really want that sleep gas rocket launcher

My medical team is level 93 and is staffed by 300 S ranked soldiers. I'm basically waiting for Konami to give me enough MB coins for another FOB. The sleep gas rocket requires a level 97 medical team.

Also, common metal is currently my scarcest resource. On my 2nd FOB, the 4th strut for each platform took 100k common metal.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

The FOB skulls are the extreme version of the armor skulls. Meaning, bring your Serval or Brennan.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Placed mines on top of vents will trigger too early to injure an invader if the trigger-cone is facing the pipe.

The Windurger revolvers with the overpreassure upgrade will penetrate helmets.

Custom placed mines vanish when changing a FOB from lethal to non-lethal. However, when changing from non-lethal to lethal placed mines will retain their position. Unfortunately, the replaced mines will be oriented "the wrong way". Meaning, if Snake was placing the mine the trigger-cone would be facing towards him instead of away from him as normal.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I noticed today that the lens flare effect in the cutscene at the end of the Paz sidequest has a butterfly in it. Does this effect appear anywhere else or is it just a one-off thing because of the whole butterfly thing in that cutscene?

I thought I saw something during that scene flash on the screen and tried, unsuccessfully, to screenshot it. It's cool that you caught that. Were you taking a video of that scene?

I certainly haven't noticed it being used anywhere else. I wish there was a cutscene viewer for scenes that are unrepeatable.

Also, Dog Gear

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Custom Placed Mines are great.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

The first time I played through the game I didn't bother with Quiet because she's too much of a rogue element as a companion for my gameplay style. This time, however, I did take her with me until she was at max bond.

A Quiet Exit is a pretty good mission you guys

Yeah, it's pretty nuts.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Cost of the 2nd Command Platform of my 3rd FOB: 9,000,000 GMP.:stare:
It gave me just enough of a boost for me to begin development of the Sleep Gas Rocket Launcher. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up my D-Mines just yet but maybe seeing it in action(in 10 Days) will change my mind.

Also, does anyone know what security team rank it takes to have a S rating for Base Security?

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

That makes a terrifying amount of sense.

Also, does anyone have an ideal load out/ tactics for The helicopter crash leading into a massive free for all with a bunch of skulls and puppets mission?

Before I had the anti-materiel sniper, I used a shotgun and LMG. There are also some vehicles around the area that can be used to shoot and ram the skulls. However, the vehicles won't last too long against the skulls.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

El Hefe posted:

It'd be amazing if they installed a pachinko machine in mother base.

It would be on your FOB and would have a chance of getting "hot". Then other players would invade to try and play on it.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Local Ocelot discovers one weird trick to get down. Enemy snipers hate this!!

Play pachinko to find out more...

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I was able to opt-in under the beta tab but now the game says save data doesn't match or something and locks up. I better not lose my save.:(

The current game version is 1.07 and the beta that is available now is for 1.06. I don't think the MP beta has been released yet.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Fuzz posted:

So... I got it, then promptly failed it because holy poo poo there were like 20 guards on the platform and they all saw me literally AS SOON as I poked my head up the stairwell. Now it's gone. Now what?

It should now be added to your mission list and you can play it again from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Minorkos posted:

i don't know if this has been mentioned yet but someone figured out how to duplicate konamibucks so they shut the beta down. if you are playing the online right now, don't quit out unless you want the game to download a patch that removes the online.

Now that the hackers are hitting them where it hurts, maybe they will consider VAC or something similar.

• Locked thread