Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
What's 12 AM NZ in God's Own Timezone, EST?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kiggles posted:

8am or there abouts.

Thank you, my good person.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

a cop posted:

What are these animations from? There've been a few posted so far.

Garrys Mod

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done

There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love

Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love

Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

That was definitely Stephanie Joosten coming to kill Snake at the beginning of the hospital sequence, but do you think that was Quiet? Quiet's Theme played for a bit in the background too.

I'd say that was Quiet before she became Quiet.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Neo Rasa posted:

You get more and more information about stuff. Like when you mark an enemy you get their stats to know if you want to recruit them, etc.

That's the IntScope upgrade, not iDroid. All the iDroid upgrades do is allow you to set more markers.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
By the way, for anyone asking.. The absolute earliest you can do the Quiet fight is right after Mission 7 if you wait for the Medic Platform to be constructed. As soon as it's done, go back to MB, and then back in the field to the Ruins to trigger it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

OMG Traitor's caravan gently caress this mission jesus christ

also how do you steal shipping containers if they are indoors?

I thought that one was pretty easy. Take care of the of that little jeep checkpoint before the convoy gets there and then just be handy with smoke grenades.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alan Smithee posted:

checkpoints 1: go to airport

checkpoint 2: it's not here it's on the other side of the globe lol

endpoints: gently caress you

Unno what to tell you. I breezed by it pretty quickly. Tranq'd everyone at the marker by the initial drop off point, then moved along the road until I came across those Zero mercs. Tranq'd them all at range and just waited for the convoy to show up. I even managed to fulton both APCs. Literally all you have to do is keep the Skulls distracted for a few seconds so you can crawl in, fulton, and then crawl away.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

GreatGreen posted:

Is anybody else a bit disappointed with the African landscape?

The pre-release footage happened to show a really hilly, cool piece of the African landscape with lots of interesting verticality that looked straight out of Predator. Instead it seems like 90% of it is as flat and dull as it can be. Am I just not seeing the right parts of it? Because it seems a lot smaller than Afghanistan.

Flat, dull, and you slip on EVERYTHING. A major issue too imo in both areas is that there are so few "climbing cracks".

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone been to Camp Omega again yet or was that cut?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

a cop posted:

Oops, I used Quiet on mission 29 last night :ohdear: Anyone know when the corruption makes itself known?

It was extremely and brutally cut.

Well that loving sucks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qUPnnROxvY

Holy poo poo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just had to quarantine 502 people. gently caress my life / this menu system.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TescoBag posted:

So anyone know the difference between the grade 4 GROM-11 and the FB-MR and FB-MR Mark II launchers? They're expensive and according to the stats it's not worth having any but the GROM-11 really.

One is a Russian piece of poo poo, and the other is quality American armor loving cock missiles.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blacktoll posted:

I'd pay real cash money to get some DLC that removes the loving bone-shrapnel.

When you get the bandana, it mostly covers it up. Still there but not as noticeable.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I sat back and let Quiet murder them all.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The Witcher 3 MGSV claims another one.

I think this is the first time in my life where I have gone "man, why do these games have so much CONTENT"

Except for the fact that the side ops are 150 variations of the same four loving missions...

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Red Mundus posted:

Yeah, don't do what I did and try to do every side ops. Do some but once you start wearing out on them stop. The rewards aren't worth it and you'll just burn out.

I've already gotten everything. It was a major slugfest and it was pretty lovely the artificial ways they padded the game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

Said about every single open world game with any side quests. As soon as a game with sidequests provides fewer, people say WHERE ARE THE SIDEQUESTS like they did with Mass Effect 3 (and rightly so).

I am doing one or two sidequests, then a main mission or two, and another wrap up sidequest every night. It's a good mix.

I wouldn't have given a poo poo if it was some number below 150 of the loving things.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
gently caress mission 45.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Is it weird that the hardest thing I have to suspend disbelief for is how incredibly dexterous Boss is with that bionic arm?

Believe it or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qUPnnROxvY

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captn Kurp posted:

I've been considering getting robot legs

It's a risky operation.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

She's not kidding about the cost in that video, either. I used to work in prosthetics, and that bebionic hand ran about 70 grand USD and insurance didn't cover it. We never sold a single one. Even a drat hook hand would cost you upwards of 10k, luckily covered by insurance. So with the surge in 3D printing I'm pretty excited about stuff like Big Boss' hand becoming a reality.

Sucks for me though because no one cares about legs, not like they do with the arm guys. The C-Leg and others like it are stupid expensive, have a pretty crappy battery life, need adjustments all the time and are pretty much designed to fail after a few years. Gotta get that repeat business after all. Last I heard there are no plans for a foot that would let me rotate my ankle or move my toes. Standing on just an artificial leg is a pain in the rear end.

I am very curious to hear your story re: prosthetic limbs.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

Lost my foot when I was 9 years old, and my first job outta college was working for the company who has been building my legs ever since. Learned a lot about the business and how things get done.

I do know that phantom pain is some bad poo poo. I never got pain, but I did have an itch, right out where my foot used to be. Couldn't scratch it, couldn't make it go away. It's worst drat feeling I've ever had. Couldn't sleep or focus on anything. So when they talk about phantom pain in this game I get it.

So, this is what you were talking about then?

How would that be better than a regular leg prosthetic? And how are they engineered (in general) to break over time? Is it just shoddy manufacture?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Serf posted:

Not really, no. Those things are made to take a beating, and it's cool because they're made for high-impact stuff anyways. If it breaks, it's easy to replace it. But you really wouldn't use that in everyday life.

The C-Leg and derivatives are really sensitive, and their electronics just wear out over time. You couldn't keep using one for more than 3-5 years. Battery wears out, can't buy it at a regular store. The inner workings just tear up, and since most prostheticists get a commission, they're "encouraged" to get the patient set up with a whole new leg rather than just replacing what they have.

Also, I never saw a person under 40-50 use a C-Leg. I just don't think they can keep up. Knee is apparently just not as smooth or responsive as a mechanical one. I still have my knee, so I don't know, but the legs seemed to only go to older people.

Interesting. Sorry for the derail and thank you for clarifying that. Maybe it would make an interesting A/T thread.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zero VGS posted:

Questions about the ending:

Is it now official Metal Gear canon that I myself in real life jammed my fist into Paz's vagina? Also, Chico is still dead as gently caress?

Yes and yes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://www.gamepur.com/news/20482-konami-no-mgs-v-phantom-pain-story-dlc-development-camp-omega-accessible.html

Sorry, nerds

quote:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has been praised with quotes like "One of the best games of 2015, the best Stealth game ever made" and many other things. However, the game has it's fair share of controversy as well starting from "some cut content Chapter 3: Peace" and many other things. When the rumor/report regarding the cut chapter "Peace" appeared on the internet, many fans taught that Konami will release it as a DLC content for The Phantom Pain, but now it seems like that's not going to be the case. Metal Gear Solid Community Manager, Robert Allan Peer via Twitter has confirmed that there is no Story DLC content in development for The Phantom Pain.

There is a possibility that things can change in future but can't say a concrete YES considering the fact Konami is giving preference to mobile game development more as compared to console industry. Speaking to a friend on Twitter, Robert Allan said: "I don't have any particular story content to announce, no"

In addition to this, Robert clarified that the so-called feature which will give players access to revisit Camp Omega in The Phantom Pain is connected to Metal Gear Online. This means players won't get to play Camp Omega in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain story mode.

When asked by a fan: Hey when can we revisit Camp Omega in The Phantom Pain? Or was that cut from the game? Robert replied: "it's one of the mission areas in Metal Gear Online"

Skoll fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 23, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

coyo7e posted:

I always source my gaming news from articles with glaring lack of editing or typo/spell-checking.

That's like one of six, seven pages I saw when I googled MGSV dlc. I'm sure it's totally made up and rumor.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm lazy.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vanderdeath posted:

Co-op in a stealth game sounds like a terrible idea, tbh.

It was fine in Splinter Cell and Tenchu.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ive never had problems with cracks not showing up on NVGs. They're really dark lines in the rock and they all have a consistent shape.

Furthermore, they show up on the iDroid map, poo poo lords.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dr Snofeld posted:

If your Intel team is a high enough level, yeah.

Get crackin'.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

Yeah. I'm pretty sure GZ had actually harder enemy AI. Bigger vision cones, shorter reaction times, etc. It sucks that that's gone more than whatever your mandatory equipment loadout happens to be.

Did GZ ever get put into MGSV or was that scrapped completely? I seem to remember it being a preorder bonus or some poo poo.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was just curious. I beat the game twice before MGO came out and haven't touched it since. I'm curious about the Survival thing they're going to poo poo out though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You got three free soldiers I think from having GZ. I think you also got access to a sneak suit as well.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wish you could play as Huey, so I can purposely roll into incoming fire.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I did a kill rampage playthrough and a total stealth playthrough. Total stealth deffo takes a lot more time if you don't want to sit and memorize patterns for literally everything.

It's also more fun because I like being methodological.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

The most absurd marketing schemes are the most efficient because they stick in the mind and given that he was due to leave Konami he needed to market his name as much as possible to get as many eyes as possible for his new startup company. I dunno if you lol because it's absurd and amusing or because you think it's dumb, but it's absolutely a thing that's working out for him.

I unno about you, but his new game looks like it's going to be dumb as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have no doubt the game will look gorgeous, maybe even play great.. It's just it LOOKS beyond retarded. I know MGS is taken with a grain of salt given how wacky it can be, but it still has a serious undercurrent and compelling stories.. about nuclear gundams and political intrigue.

Death Stranding just looks wholly retarded in a way that makes me grasp for the right words to describe it. There is utterly nothing about it I personally find appealing or worth getting excited over. The trailer they debuted last year was a confusing mess that did nothing to make me remotely interested.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread