Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Sorry if this has been asked 1000 times already.

When will "Online Mode" become available for Steam? I know MGO is delayed until 2016, but I thought FOB/GZ save data was separate from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Dominic White posted:

Not sure if it's the same with PC, but the PS4 servers went up briefly, slowed the game to a crawl (the menus were just PAINFUL to wade through) and then died. So... sometime soonish, I guess?

Ah, ok. So no one has this "online mode" yet. I figured it was just Steam players. Oh well.

Tons of other poo poo to do anyway.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah you can order a fulton/ammo refill package as a support drop.

Well poo poo.

Tamayachi posted:

I accidentally supply dropped a crate that landed on D-Horse, knocking it out for like 30 seconds. My first thought was "Is..is he dead?" and then he got up. :(

I upgraded my arm, and quickly ordered the supply drop to directly behind me. Totally forgot I was right up against a cliff. gently caress.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

I'm at the point where I think I've been playing it too much. I think it's the lack of fast travel options combined with how much of a pain in the rear end it is to use the helicopter. It's just grinding me down. Game is still fun though.

I figured out that you don't need to go through the trouble of getting yourself to ze choppa all the time. There's a menu option to return to the ACC but I think it's only available if your not in the middle of a mission. Could be worse.

Some of these missions are freaking massive though. Holy smokes.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Is DD supposed to be hard to find? I decided to do a side op right after rescuing Kaz, and he was literally at my feet when I first got out of the chopper. Talk about a search.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Ugggh, every time I try to fulton a prisoner with anything less than a 100% success probability, they die instantly. Is it cloudy or dark out? Don't bother.

It's annoying for side ops, but totally sucks for main missions.

I'm looking at you, "Where do the bees sleep." Jfc

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

That's weird. I'm practicing headshotting mooks with my ~*silenced*~ rifle from like 600 meters away, and all of a sudden I get insta-spotted by about 6 separate people that I wasn't even aiming for. I checked after I ran away, and my silencer definitely didn't wear out. It was just like I didn't have one for those guys exclusively. What the heck happened? I know enemies get smarter, but do silencers eventually become useless?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Are there any tips for making mad GMP and resources?

I've been trying to do all the side-ops, and just fultoning everything seems like it takes more GMP than I make.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Selling weapon emplacements is absolutely a net GMP gain.

You are selling them, right?

I have no idea how to sell them, teach me Master Miller.

MrLonghair posted:

Got the Combat Unit yet? Got any extra resources? There's selling to do

What does the combat unit do? I have no idea.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I don't have a medical strut but I already extracted a wandering mother base dude. What the heck.

There is a locked door on top of my R&D strut though. I should check it again.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I finished Mission 7 Red Brass without loving anything up for once. Extracted all the duders, and it's the most rewarding feeling. Good job, Big Boss.

Also, my loyalty for DH went from like 4 or 5 to maxed out. Good job horsey. Now I get to customize him... What could possibly go wrong there?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Minorkos posted:

It really seems like Chico was supposed to be Quiet at some point. I think she even hums Here's To You while sniping

Lol people need to drop this.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Snak posted:

I um, forgot how to assign guys to squads or whatever for the combat unit deployment thing...

I don't get this either. I manually send squads out when I remember, but I thought I had it set to auto send squads? Game's just too complicated. I just want lots of money to blow on cool gadgets.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Rhycool posted:

I'm having too much fun dicking around with emblems. Game owns.

Where did you extract Hootie Blowfish??

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

loving good job, Kojima. I finally unlock Quiet, and what's the first thing I see her do at Mother Base? Sunbathe in the rain to Rebel Yell. :shepface:

Immersion RUINED.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Ok, fair enough. Thank Kojima-san. You work in mysterious and wonderful ways.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Even if Ishmael didn't get mowed down in the hall, doesn't he get shot dead a couple other times? I really don't think he's for real, but I just got to Africa. What the gently caress do I know?

Mission 12 went ok for me, but I shouldn't have taken that thing for a ride at the end, I woulda been able to stealth my way back to the LZ without it. I made it under bridge on my way in there with DD when a sandstorm rolled in. I just booked it through the middle of the base, and then there was like no one inside the walls.

The boss was fine. I took it for a jog on D-Horse. It's so slow that I could just turn around and go back to the LZ... D-Horse controls suck so bad. I probably got stuck on 15 rocks on my way back, and I still had plenty of time.

Every time I use DD, something brutal happens. The first time I told him to bug some dudes, he got shot point blank with a shotgun. Then he got literally stomped on by a Metal Gear. :-(

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Tamayachi posted:

The only part about him that made me pause from that whole scene was the one where it looked like he got shot up in that hall. And the disappearing act in the ambulance. Other than that, it seemed like he was a pretty straightforward real dude who happened to try and escape with BB.

I'm gonna play that again I guess. I feel like there were more Ishmael deaths. Also the Kojima Productions poster was odd to see. I know there's gotta be a poo poo ton of other weird things I didn't notice.

I figured the whole thing was supposed to be a dream until I listened to the debrief with Ocelot. Even now I'm not sure.

Thanks Kojima-San.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Ozmiander posted:

So....Huey built a Metal Slug?

Boss, if you haven't already, you should develop yourself a Rocket Lawn Chair. You can do it right from your iDroid.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Alain Post posted:

I'm using "Games Without Frontiers" because it's chronologically and thematically appropriate :frogc00l:

I was really hoping this and/or San Jacinto was in the game. Hell to the fuckin' yeah

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

Edit: also, I have had good luck with the basic sneaking suit. The camo really didn't seem to make much difference.

Same. There was only one time that I was legitimately surprised they saw me, and I'm not convinced it wasn't a bug.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Helicopter stuff if fine, but it's weird that you can't swap between LZs in the field like you can on Mother Base.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

al-azad posted:

Regarding a thing from a bunch of pages back: I don't think it is your hospital face because I made a bald black guy and the reflection has hair. I think they just chose a generic model for a reflection, there's not much detail on it.

Mine definitely is the one I made. No mistaking the nose I gave him. You can double check by customizing it in the ACC I think?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Dumb question:
Do I have to replay mission 12 with cargo+ 2 fultons to get D-Walker, or will
Huey eventually build one for me?

I like to be stealthy, but that gun was fun.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

You get it anyway. I didn't touch it in the mission.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, it sucked. I thought I had to. Dumb.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

repiv posted:

I fully expected things like aimbots and wallhacks but :lol: this is straight up incompetent netcode design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3j7SY_0zuI

Super late but Lunethex is on my friends list, and we played through most of RE6. He seems pretty cool, I wonder if he was legit hacking, or if it was some hilarious bug.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Lunethex posted:

I have a tendency to be a douche in games. I hijacked the PS3 Dragon's Dogma pawn leaderboard on the eve of Dark Arisen's release and it upset the Gamefaqs community enough to send me death & ban threats for three straight days when I ousted the guy who took the time to write up spreadsheets & gift everyone who hired his pawn. I moved it down eventually, since my goal wasn't to sit on top of it for too long. Good times.

Good times indeed. I'm all for more pubbie tears.

I can't wait for MGO. The tears will be plentiful without any extra help.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I just aced Lingua Fraca with perfect stealth, S rank, first try. I busted the interpreter's poo poo, extracted him, and just happened to walk into the main prisoner right after Kaz and Ocelot yelled at me for owning the interpreter. :frogc00l:

Whenever I S Rank, I feel like I'm cheesing things.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I finally got my silenced tranquilizer sniper rifle. I have seen the light.

Time to plow through the story missions? If I beat all the main missions, will I be able to keep playing to unlock all the guns and beat all the optional stuff?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Whoa, drat, holdup

Manually putting 300+ dudes in quarantine was both fun and exhilarating.

Ocelot wouldn't shut the gently caress up.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Does anyone have any tips for infiltrating the mansion in Africa? Preferably without having to inch my way through.

I just spent way too long trying to extract one of the escaped kids. I loving got him after tranqing all but 3-4 people, and had him on the balcony ready to fulton when my keyboard locked up. Snake literally climbed off the balcony and fell to his death right there. All I could do was watch in horror as all that work went down the crapper. loving not going through all that poo poo again.

Unless there are some awesome strats I'm not thinking of, I'm just gonna run in guns blazing.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

Go get yourself the wormhole fultons. Extract the legendary Jackal and save yourself so much grief for extractions. You're in Chapter 2 so go do some side ops in Africa (anyone know the region? I don't) until it pops up.

I actually do have that dev project unlocked but I'm like one level R&D and Support short. I'm out of room for dudes, so I'll need to build more Mother Base decks.

At least I've got other poo poo to do in the meantime.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

"Pax... Hambergana!?" is the new, "Metal... Gear!?"

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

So I just did mission 46. Why is the random medic from GZ just as awesome as Big Boss? Is being BB just a state of mind?

Sucks about the cut content. I think the ending we got was super abrupt.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Snak posted:

I'd say the answer to your 2nd question is YES. I mean really, that's the foundation of the S3 project.

Watch the mission 51 content on youtube. It's worth doing.

Yeah, I did watch it. I think it would have at least been better than what we got.

As it stands, Liquid hosed up big-time and randomly lost his metal gear, so he had to slum it with Rex in MGS. Great job, dumb rear end. Recessive genes indeed.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

WORDS THAT KILL

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Lunethex posted:

You will regret your deeds.

Your graphics card is only alive because of the Vengeance in its heart.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

The real question is why can't I do the same thing with vehicles.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I've watched it all, I've listened to it all. Is there a spoiler thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

http://gamerant.com/metal-gear-solid-5-kojima-mod-005/

Snake... What took you so long... ?

• Locked thread