Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How much money does a truck driver lose per mile while riding bobtail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Chairman Wao posted:

Sometimes I fax stuff and people say they don't get it. I think they're pranking me or just don't want to do their job :mad:

yeah u should always print a confirmation page and rub it in their loving faces.

k this thread is also about fax tips/etiquette, styx, golden earring, the cars and maybe the :monar: lifestyle if op wants to get off her rear end and talk about it

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

notZaar posted:

Jen why aren't you in college earning a good degree?

Because you don't always need to go to college to make a lot of money. You just have to be dedicated to an industry and provide value to your employer. I come from a family of truckers, and I know the industry. I take night classes and am earning a business degree

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cutejen if a train from LA union square train station is going 45 miles an hour and a train from Detroit amtrak station is going 84 miles an hour. Which train would make it to Wyoming Union Pacific station first?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

CuteJen96 posted:

Sorry, I'm a lesbian

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

How much money does a truck driver lose per mile while riding bobtail?

Cost of the driver / mi plus the cost of maintenance / mi

I'd rather haul 45klbs of brick back and lose a little money rather than deadhead or B/T the driver home. Sometimes the load out there pays way too good though, and you get moving.

Once had to dead head a guy from Dallas - Washington State to pick up a load of hot airplane parts from Boeing. What we made on the load far outweighed what we lost in the dead head miles.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

What was Al Borland's catchphrase on Home Improvement, the mid-90s ABC breakout hit family sitcom starring Tim Allen?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

yeah u should always print a confirmation page and rub it in their loving faces.

k this thread is also about fax tips/etiquette, styx, golden earring, the cars and maybe the :monar: lifestyle if op wants to get off her rear end and talk about it

Literally rub it in their faces when I see them next?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Fluo posted:

Cutejen if a train from LA union square train station is going 45 miles an hour and a train from Detroit amtrak station is going 84 miles an hour. Which train would make it to Wyoming Union Pacific station first?

Trick Question.

passenger rail in america is a loving joke. take the bus instead or just drive you idiot

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cutejen what is the cheapest service to use to transport items from Europe to US?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

FadingChord posted:

What was Al Borland's catchphrase on Home Improvement, the mid-90s ABC breakout hit family sitcom starring Tim Allen?

*Masculine grunt*

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

FadingChord posted:

"Tim NOOOOOOOOOOO!"

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Fluo posted:

Cutejen what is the cheapest service to use to transport items from Europe to US?

In a shipping container laden with sex slaves from Bulgaria

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Chairman Wao posted:

Literally rub it in their faces when I see them next?

yeah literally, thats the nice thing about having a real piece of paper u can hold in your hands and why email will always play seconf fiddle to the fax

Fluo
May 25, 2007

CuteJen96 posted:

Trick Question.

passenger rail in america is a loving joke. take the bus instead or just drive you idiot

You're smarter than the average goon :shibe:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

CuteJen, did you ever work any weird jobs? Do you have any weird/crazy/funny stories to share with us?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

CuteJen96 posted:

Because you don't always need to go to college to make a lot of money. You just have to be dedicated to an industry and provide value to your employer. I come from a family of truckers, and I know the industry. I take night classes and am earning a business degree
But what about carefree days of casual hedonism?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CuteJen96 posted:

Sorry, I'm a lesbian

just my luck :( oh, well, i guess we really dont have anything to talk about then. I hope you have a fintastic day jen.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

CuteJen96 posted:

In a shipping container laden with sex slaves from Bulgaria

:( was legit question

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CuteJen96 posted:

Cost of the driver / mi plus the cost of maintenance / mi

I'd rather haul 45klbs of brick back and lose a little money rather than deadhead or B/T the driver home. Sometimes the load out there pays way too good though, and you get moving.

Once had to dead head a guy from Dallas - Washington State to pick up a load of hot airplane parts from Boeing. What we made on the load far outweighed what we lost in the dead head miles.

What's the difference between deadhead and bobtail (or are they synonyms)?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

notZaar posted:

But what about carefree days of casual hedonism?

I'll hold off and gently caress bitches on a giant stack of money

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
which tarantino movie has the best soundtrack? listening to the jackie brown soundtrack at work right now and i'm thinkin it might be tops but i wanna know what jen thinks before i make up my mind

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

What's the difference between deadhead and bobtail (or are they synonyms)?

Bobtail is a truck without a trailer. Deadhead is an empty trailer

az
Dec 2, 2005

Fluo posted:

what are you trying to move

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

just my luck :( oh, well, i guess we really dont have anything to talk about then. I hope you have a fintastic day jen.

Don't worry man, she was a Millennial.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do you express yourself artistically? (Poetry, art, prose etc...?)

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

which tarantino movie has the best soundtrack? listening to the jackie brown soundtrack at work right now and i'm thinkin it might be tops but i wanna know what jen thinks before i make up my mind

Street Life is my fav. song from that soundtrack.

Kill Bill is my fav. soundtrack tho

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey jerry, i never got that net you were gonna send me, did you get a confirmation page?

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

yeah literally, thats the nice thing about having a real piece of paper u can hold in your hands and why email will always play seconf fiddle to the fax

I guess you could print out the email but it's just not the same :( and if you sent a text? Good luck with that millennial :smuggo:

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Fluo posted:

It's going to be pricey. I would stick to regular air freight carriers. DHL is prob. going to be your best bet.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jukeboxblues posted:

thats why i said fintastic instead of fantastic :rolleyes:

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Jukeboxblues posted:

i've been known to go both ways.

do you have a thick dick and make six figgies

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

hey jerry, i never got that net you were gonna send me, did you get a confirmation page?

i mostly got a fire and now the ol fax isnt doing much of anything. sry might have to wait a while

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Do you express yourself artistically? (Poetry, art, prose etc...?)

i write science fiction

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CuteJen96 posted:

i've been known to go both ways.

do you have a thick dick and make six figgies

you know it

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

CuteJen96 posted:

Hello, my name is CuteJen96. I'm here to answer all your questions. I have a background in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.

I'm a production planner, let's be friends.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i mostly got a fire and now the ol fax isnt doing much of anything. sry might have to wait a while

ok ill sit tight for now. sorry to hear about your fax machine

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

please think about the envioronment before you print this email

I TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO SAVE KEYSTROKES

[SMILE EMOTICON]

az
Dec 2, 2005

CuteJen96 posted:

It's going to be pricey. I would stick to regular air freight carriers. DHL is prob. going to be your best bet.

for small poo poo dhl is gonna be good but if you want to move an entire container or partial to america you gotta go directly to the shipping company like maersk, cause if you call a mover or bobs logistics company all they do is call the shipper, get a rate and details and slap on 200% for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

bog pixie posted:

I'm a production planner, let's be friends.

God bless you. Is it a union shop or what

• Locked thread