Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

thats why i said fintastic instead of fantastic :rolleyes:

Sorry friend, there is a slight mark on my screen. I assumed it read fantastic. Just another reason why fax is better, it doesn't allow these embarrassing mishaps to happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CuteJen96 posted:

i write science fiction

:swoon:
Me too. Someday (I hope) I'll be legit published.
Anything online?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

CuteJen96 posted:

please think about the envioronment before you print this email

I TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO SAVE KEYSTROKES

[SMILE EMOTICON]

honestly i don't know if you can tell but i'm getting pretty loving steamed that youre keeping shtum on the whole :monar: lifestyle thing seeing as i bought and invented :monar:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
.When my older brother came back to the US after a few years of flying for the Marines and then flying planes in Africa for a telecomm setting up radio towers in "thue bush" he took a job for a few months flying smaller freight runs for UPS. When he quit that and started developing his own business, he said he could never be a commercial pilot again because

"It's like being a trucker but way harder to jerk off while you're doing it and they get way more upset when they catch people trying to drink away the banality"

Is that true? Do you guys not get as mad when truckers jerk off and get buzzed?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
How much to mail myself to you?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 3 years!)

CMA CGM is hot garbage. Stick with Maersk

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

:swoon:
Me too. Someday (I hope) I'll be legit published.
Anything online?

Not yet

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jukeboxblues posted:

Sorry friend, there is a slight mark on my screen. I assumed it read fantastic. Just another reason why fax is better, it doesn't allow these embarrassing mishaps to happen!

its all good. i just didnt want you to think i was in the dark about the whole "millennial" thing. its kind of my thing. knowing that kind of stuff.

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Retail Slave posted:

How much to mail myself to you?

CuteJen96 posted:

do you have a thick dick and make six figgies

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

honestly i don't know if you can tell but i'm getting pretty loving steamed that youre keeping shtum on the whole :monar: lifestyle thing seeing as i bought and invented :monar:

Make money hand over fist and dont give a gently caress what people think.

also, be active in your community and give back to those who got you where you are.

also drink really good bourbon and pop some pills. The brand i like rn is Angels Envy. Very good bourbon imo

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

CuteJen96 posted:

God bless you. Is it a union shop or what

There are no unions here. We build electronics and mechanical parts for trains though. I respect logistics a lot after dealing with heavy shipments from Mexico, Italy, and China

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

symbolic posted:

wouldn't it be hosed up if obama turned out to be two midgets standing on top of each other?

If they were standing on top of each other they would be some kind of weird ouroboros midget.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How do you feel about unions? Do you think they've helped or hurt the industry overall?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

CuteJen96 posted:

also, be active in your community and give back to those who got you where you are.

also drink really good bourbon and pop some pills. The brand i like rn is Angels Envy. Very good bourbon imo

ok thanks. i'm gonna keep living the :greenangel: lifestyle but good to hear of alternatives and maybe once i polish this bottle of makers mark in my ofice i'll give it a whirl

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

its all good. i just didnt want you to think i was in the dark about the whole "millennial" thing. its kind of my thing. knowing that kind of stuff.

I am aware of your reputation sir, I just feared that you were wanting to ignore that about her due to her other qualities. And I be damned if I stood by while I watched this potentially happen!

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

bog pixie posted:

There are no unions here. We build electronics and mechanical parts for trains though. I respect logistics a lot after dealing with heavy shipments from Mexico, Italy, and China

I went HK a few months ago to meet our agent and then took a tour of a factory inland. I learned about what the red envelopes when we moved a few things under a different customs code to save money,.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CuteJen96 posted:

drat jen youre like the perfect woman for me, are you sure you wont reconsider your sexuality? i mean, at the end of the day its your choice, but i really think we could make beautiful music together / wake up in a ditch together. think about it?

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

sorry to get off topic but have you ever heard the song renegade by styx?

This is a v. Solid song.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

dad gay. so what posted:

drat jen youre like the perfect woman for me, are you sure you wont reconsider your sexuality? i mean, at the end of the day its your choice, but i really think we could make beautiful music together / wake up in a ditch together. think about it?

dude im already calling around for a script of oxy you know how much that costs these days??

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

How do you feel about unions? Do you think they've helped or hurt the industry overall?

i think the industry is in upheaval at the moment. driver's are treated like garbage. One the one hand i care about carriers and drivers esp. because that's family. On the other hand, in the 21st century you've got to run a really lean outfit if you're going to make it. Either be union or not. Some shops are half and half and it's a gd disaster.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
calm down bruiser

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

ok thanks. i'm gonna keep living the :greenangel: lifestyle but good to hear of alternatives and maybe once i polish this bottle of makers mark in my ofice i'll give it a whirl

as in all things, you do you, namaste

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

dude im already calling around for a script of oxy you know how much that costs these days??

ikr?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

........yes?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
As an add on to my earlier question: How much more do you think the incidence of VD will go down in towns on major interstate highways after robotrucks become the norm?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
What sort of sci fi do you write? Space Opera, Post Apocalypic, Near Future, Dystopian etc...?
Most authors are trying to make an allegorical statement with their sci fi. Do you have a pet social issue that forms the theme of your stories?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Hi CuteJen my question is

*mind goes blank, panic sets in, clicks post button frantically and pretends this never happened*

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

I was going to say that had to be staged, because Trucks don't belong in the two left lanes, and certainly shouldn't be driving fast enough to overtake any of the cars who are in those lanes. Unless the LKW has polish plates.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

What sort of sci fi do you write? Space Opera, Post Apocalypic, Near Future, Dystopian etc...?
Most authors are trying to make an allegorical statement with their sci fi. Do you have a pet social issue that forms the theme of your stories?

imo the best sci fi contains characters named jerry mumphrey or something similar

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

az posted:

for small poo poo dhl is gonna be good but if you want to move an entire container or partial to america you gotta go directly to the shipping company like maersk, cause if you call a mover or bobs logistics company all they do is call the shipper, get a rate and details and slap on 200% for you
Those fuckers sent a package destined for AKL to KLA (which are a long way apart) and they just left it there until I enquired why my overnight parcel had still not arrived after 4 days. Then they redirected it back to me, then they tried again and this time managed to deliver it ... to a business address on a Sunday followed by a public holiday, at which point they let it languish because hey, there was nobody there to accept it.

Cute Jen 96, what punishment do they deserve for their inability to correctly type routing codes for mail?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

My Q-Face posted:

I was going to say that had to be staged, because Trucks don't belong in the two left lanes, and certainly shouldn't be driving fast enough to overtake any of the cars who are in those lanes. Unless the LKW has polish plates.

I got stuck behind a truck in the left lane just earlier today. Just because they're not supposed to do it doesn't mean they don't.

CuteJen pls tell your drivers to stay out of the left two lanes they are not for trucks.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Thora posted:

*mind goes blank, panic sets in, clicks post button frantically and pretends this never happened*

Heh yeah, girls can be intimidating. I found it was best if I imagine I was talking to a fax machine instead of a woman, helps me out a lot.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

imo the best sci fi contains characters named jerry mumphrey or something similar

Wasn't there a sci fi story that featured a character named Jerry Mumphrey as the gayest homosexual in the entire universe?

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

As an add on to my earlier question: How much more do you think the incidence of VD will go down in towns on major interstate highways after robotrucks become the norm?

all i'm saying is don't put your money into lot lizard futures

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Space Opera

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey jen i forgot to ask, have you ever seen that movie star wars?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do lesbians ever get shy about talking to cute girls?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Have you ever been a street sweeper? Seems pretty cool.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Wasn't there a sci fi story that featured a character named Jerry Mumphrey as the gayest homosexual in the entire universe?

yeah i was lying in the weeds with a plan to win the game but then the whole thred got a little :yikes: and i was like :greenangel:, as i am wont to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuteJen96
Feb 23, 2015

by zen death robot

Thora posted:

it's okay boo, i got ya

BUNKER FUEL RATES: A PRIMER

• Locked thread