Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Y axis on this chart is in percentage.

How does that work? Did black, non-hispanics commit ~160% of all murders in 1993? Are they murders by race of murderer or murderee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Secks Cauldron posted:

My city alone had 460 murders last year.
Nice.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

symbolic posted:

suck my cock op

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

symbolic posted:

if i remember correctly the murder rate either remained steady or only decreased a tiny bit after the aussie gun ban

dude, shush lol, nobody likes hearing these things!

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
ah poo poo wait i posted the wrong picture

here we go

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bamford Brownstone posted:

That sounds like every nation ever though?

Germany almost won two world wars where it was Germany vs the entire rest of the world. It's like there's one adult playing on the kiddie field all the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squish posted:

How does that work? Did black, non-hispanics commit ~160% of all murders in 1993? Are they murders by race of murderer or murderee?

In 1993 for every 1 non-hispanic black murdered, 1.6 were murdered.

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009

symbolic posted:

suck my cock op
but muh right to be self righteous and reactionary about things that are on tv right now and nothing else

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i mean, did you see how pretty and white that lady was??

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Germany almost won two world wars where it was Germany vs the entire rest of the world. It's like there's one adult playing on the kiddie field all the time.

It was Japan versus the rest of the world: Germany had Italy (until Mussolini got hung on a tree) and Japan said "we are with you Hitler" and Hitler was all "lol who the gently caress are you you are on the other side of the world get nuked faggots"

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

symbolic posted:

if i remember correctly the murder rate either remained steady or only decreased a tiny bit after the aussie gun ban

only a little bit? fuckit; not worth it. sorry, future american gun massacre victims!

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
I used to be pro gun control but then i realized that it would only really save American lives. Then I became against gun control.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

cram me sideways posted:

only a little bit? fuckit; not worth it. sorry, future american gun massacre victims!

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

cram me sideways posted:

remember after sandy hook when crybaby "liberals" were shrieking for new gun laws that would have had literally zero effect on sandy hook

lmbo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cram me sideways posted:

more like a statistically insignificant amount, meaning the rate could have gone up or down slightly for a number of reasons that have nothing at all to do with gun control

it actually went slightly up after the gun ban if you'll notice

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

cram me sideways posted:

This dude doesn't understand statistics and he's getting angry on the Internet lmao.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

more like a statistically insignificant amount, meaning the rate could have gone up or down slightly for a number of reasons that have nothing at all to do with gun control

it actually went slightly up after the gun ban if you'll notice

all we really did was solve mass shootings. We didn't solve intimate partner violence. loving fail

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Yeah but your version of video games suck rear end.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Mad Monk posted:

Yeah but your version of video games suck rear end.

yeah well...how about you go gently caress yourself

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

for comparison

in conclusion: go gently caress yourselves, australia

Wait so the majority gun violence is attributed to black people? Am I reading this right?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Ghost Head posted:

all we really did was solve mass shootings. We didn't solve intimate partner violence. loving fail

britain thought they solved it but somebody shot the place up just a couple years ago. Just wait a while and see

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Ghost Head posted:

yeah well...how about you go gently caress yourself

Don't mind if I do because I can because it's not censored here.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

a real brit would have said "whilst scrolling the first page"

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
they were all like "crikey m8 we done put all the guns on a lorry straight out of London & now this? Bleeding crickets how'd he get a gun in here when its ILLEGAL m8?"

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Taint Reaper posted:

Wait so the majority gun violence is attributed to black people? Am I reading this right?

Don't ask the question or you will be called racist.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
whats the glide rate per gun death

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

ive seen mad max i know the score in australia

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

gently caress the ROW posted:

britain thought they solved it but somebody shot the place up just a couple years ago. Just wait a while and see

we had mass shootings every year for like, 14 years before the gun buyback and then not a single one after. I think you have to give us a little bit of credit if we have 1 or 2 now.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You just traded shootings for stabbings, same as the UK

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
The fact that even after Sandyhook your country couldn't bring itself to reform gun laws is loving pathetic.

Also don't get me started on the dumb cunts in the media spouting bullshit like, "If the teachers had guns it wouldn't have happened!". The USA is hosed.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

symbolic posted:

suck my cock op

you're not allowed to be honest or use statistics when talking about your right to defend yourself or hunt for food, you are only allowed to have people quoting victims from 30 years ago while they yell that its your fault for knowing how to provide your own family with a meal not produced in a factory across the country

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

City of Tampa posted:

a real brit would have said "whilst scrolling the first page"

um actually i think you'll find thats the flag of burkina faso. moran

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If Vester Flanagan hadn't owned a gun he wouldn't have been able to shoot himself to stop his rampage.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Head posted:

all im seeing is number of murders remained the same gj though you're really getting there australia

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
america doesnt need your help buddy

america SHITS on your commie help. gently caress you for trying to destroy our freedom

go back to your prison colony you fuckin outback clown

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

all im seeing is number of murders remained the same gj though you're really getting there australia

those other boring murders don't make me feel terrified of the world though

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

what is this thing

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Vorik posted:

what is this thing