Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i am an awesome guy. my current browser: micro$haft winblows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
I write it as $hillary because that's her name

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

But is it pointing north or south?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i am above all these bernouts, because i am a respected internet poster.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

OP stop embarassing yourself

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
It succinctly encapsulates everything that's wrong with her without any misogynistic bullshit.

:shillary:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

same op

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

shes bad, shes a bad person, and a bad candidate, and should not be president of the united states because shes a) a war criminal b) a corporate stooge

also im the one who bought :shillary: and i have no regrets

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

blue squares posted:

OP stop embarassing yourself

he can't, this is just what he does

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

dont act like you were never 14

The Hidden Sherpa
Dec 25, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

shes bad, shes a bad person, and a bad candidate, and should not be president of the united states because shes a) a war criminal b) a corporate stooge

also im the one who bought :shillary: and i have no regrets

wait how's she a war criminal? i know she did some pretty warmongery poo poo as Secretary of State, but i didn't hear about this?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Hidden Sherpa posted:

wait how's she a war criminal? i know she did some pretty warmongery poo poo as Secretary of State, but i didn't hear about this?

she was a sitting united states senator in the year 2003, one out of 100, a powerful person, and voted to aggressively invade the nation if iraq, resulting in hundreds of thousands of people killed and many millions more displaced

the aftershocks of her decision to support that war continue to shape the region with isis and the bloody fracturing of syria

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

TEAYCHES posted:

she was a sitting united states senator in the year 2003, one out of 100, a powerful person, and voted to aggressively invade the nation if iraq, resulting in hundreds of thousands of people killed and many millions more displaced

the aftershocks of her decision to support that war continue to shape the region with isis and the bloody fracturing of syria

oh. so she isnt a war criminal. got it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mrit posted:

oh. so she isnt a war criminal. got it.

yea if you believe that a senator who votes for the iraq war has no culpability for the war then waged, then she is not a war criminal. but to believe that youd have to be a loving retard :shrug:

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
people who write $hillary are like the people in conservative comment sections that call Obama "barry soetoro" or BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA or any of the other idiot smug ways of trying to assert supremacy in this stupid loving technological wasteland

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Fish Cant Hold Gun posted:

people who write $hillary are like the people in conservative comment sections that call Obama "barry soetoro" or BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA or any of the other idiot smug ways of trying to assert supremacy in this stupid loving technological wasteland

yeah well gently caress you buddy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

barry soetoro is incorrect because thats not his name. whereas $hillary kkklinton is her name, just look at the birth certificate

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

dummycrat

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
also lol @ people deciding that a yes vote in 2003 on Iraq now qualifies one as a "war criminal".

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wheres the birth certificate $hillary

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

also lol @ people deciding that a yes vote in 2003 on Iraq now qualifies one as a "war criminal".

it pretty much makes you one yeah

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

voting for a massive, horrific war crime definitely qualifies you for war criminal status. unless you dont think the invasion of iraq was a war crime. if thats not a war crime, what is?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you dont even get to use the "just following orders" defense like the military. you only get the "i was fooled by donald rumsfeld and dick cheney, who are definitely reptilian, into supporting a war which murdered hundreds of thousands of people" defense

maybe :shillary: was just following orders tho.. orders from her corporate overlords

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
I'd say the majority of people in America that vote have probably at one point cast a ballot for a senator or congressmen that voted "yes" on Iraq, including myself and you. should we try the entire US populace in the hague since we're all culpable in acts of mass murder

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp
Like I mean lets at least get Kissinger in there first before we start throwing the term at the entire US federal government of 2003 + all of the other "coalition of the willing" members

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

I'd say the majority of people in America that vote have probably at one point cast a ballot for a senator or congressmen that voted "yes" on Iraq, including myself and you. should we try the entire US populace in the hague since we're all culpable in acts of mass murder

lmao just lmao if you believe that someone who is a sitting united states senator is on the same scale or level of culpability as one of 350 million citizens who often vote for the lesser of two evils option out of cynical obligation

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Like I mean lets at least get Kissinger in there first before we start throwing the term at the entire US federal government of 2003 + all of the other "coalition of the willing" members

tony blair is also a war criminal, this shouldnt be controversial

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

tony blair should be hauled infront of the ICC, tried, and executed for crimes against humanity

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

agreed, it would be cool if all that happened

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

lmao just lmao if you believe that someone who is a sitting united states senator is on the same scale or level of culpability as one of 350 million citizens who often vote for the lesser of two evils option out of cynical obligation

this is true, but I think the point I'm striving for is that we have to pick our battles here. descending into histrionics by throwing around loaded terms that are usually applied to people who directly and knowingly preside over genocide doesn't help. Hilary should be critiqued on her war record sure, but probably not thrown in prison based off the time she voted yes when presented with false information that swindled the majority of the country (sad as that is)

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

There's a whole wiki article about this kind of poo poo.

"Satiric misspelling posted:

The dollar sign ($) can be inserted in the place of the letter S, the euro sign (€) in place of e, the yen (¥) sign in place of Y, the won (₩) sign in place of W, or the pound (£) sign in place of L to indicate plutocracy, greed, corruption, or the perceived immoral, unethical, or pathological accumulation of money.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this is true, but I think the point I'm striving for is that we have to pick our battles here. descending into histrionics by throwing around loaded terms that are usually applied to people who directly and knowingly preside over genocide doesn't help. Hilary should be critiqued on her war record sure, but probably not thrown in prison based off the time she voted yes when presented with false information that swindled the majority of the country (sad as that is)

she should definitely be thrown in prison, millions of iraqis would disagree with you about how serious a war crime is and where we "pick our battles" and it wasnt as hard as you are painting it out to be to call bullshit in 2003 to invading iraq which anyone who wasnt a piece of poo poo opposed at the time

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

platzapS posted:

There's a whole wiki article about this kind of poo poo.

$HI££AR¥ ₡£I₦₮0₦

That R is a Rwandan Rand.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Hitlery Klan Town

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Well now that depends.

If you cast your vote prior to the vote on the war, then no, there's no culpability at all. Your vote for a Senator is not the same as prescribing their vote on any issue, much less every issue. If, however, you cast your vote after that one, then yes there's some culpability. How much and whether it rises to the level of "criminal" is debatable, because again your vote for a politician isn't the same as a vote for any (much less every) thing they vote on.

quote:

There isn't a single thing in this part I'd disagree with, except perhaps to note that it wasn't the entire government of 2003 nor "all" of the other members who should be rotting in a prison for war crimes.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

the illegal war which killed hundreds of thousands of people and destablilized the region was like... 12 years ago maaaan. quit living in the past.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
loving lol at so-called liberals and leftists defending Iraq war votes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

$HI££AR¥ ₩AR₡RIM€$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TEAYCHES posted:

she should definitely be thrown in prison, millions of iraqis would disagree with you about how serious a war crime is and where we "pick our battles" and it wasnt as hard as you are painting it out to be to call bullshit in 2003 to invading iraq which anyone who wasnt a piece of poo poo opposed at the time

if you were paying even the slightest bit of attention in 2003 it was obvious that Bush's war was a farce.

Anyone who voted for the war in Iraq is unfit to serve as POTUS. It's that simple for me.

• Locked thread