Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
That means steve jobs has been dead for the same amount of time that steve jobs was alive after the release of the iphone.

that means there are web frameworks in wide use today didn't even exist before steve jobs died.

there are children who own and use iphones today, who weren't even alive before steve jobs died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i bet 4-year-olds with iphones are lovely little fuckers

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
i wonder if the children of tomorrow will learn about steve jobs in school's history books

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i wonder if the children of tomorrow will learn about steve jobs in school's history books

they don't really do history after ww2 in school

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

the iphone directly lead to steve job's demise

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i'm glad he's dead

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Sweevo posted:

i'm glad he's dead

im glad of everything that happened in the past, that made me the awful person i am, today

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sweevo posted:

i'm glad he's dead

:rms2:

ed:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

we miss u steve. i hope you're making fun of phil schiller in heavqn old friend.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Last Chance posted:

we miss u steve. i hope you're making fun of phil schiller in heavqn old friend.

steve jobs isnt in heaven

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

they don't really do history after ww2 in school

i went to high school in the 90s. our books were current up to the fall of the soviet union.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Hammerite posted:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i hope this guy dies tbh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

i hope this guy dies tbh

its normal to wish death on people

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i hope he gets liver cancer so he can suffer like jobs did

also i hope i get liver cancer so i can suffer like jobs did

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
i hope he gets liver cancer but gets early treatment and fully recovers with the help of modern medicine and we can all have a laugh about that dolt steve

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

steve jobs died of cancer because he was an arrogant prick who tried to cure it with ego and a special diet

rms will die of cancer because he'll refuse treatment if the radiotherapy machine is running windows

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sweevo posted:

steve jobs died of cancer because he was an arrogant prick who tried to cure it with ego and a special diet

rms will die of cancer because he'll refuse treatment if the radiotherapy machine is running windows

prettgy good

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Smythe posted:

prettgy good

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

suffix posted:

i hope he gets liver cancer but gets early treatment and fully recovers with the help of modern medicine and we can all have a laugh about that dolt steve

he would only accept non-patented open source medicine and die

e: i see that i was perhaps beaten

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the iphone has been dead as long as steve

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the iPhone has sold better post-steve than before

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yes that's what happens when you make triangulating garbage targeted at the lowest common denominator rather than a quality product

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU9LFuFxYfU&hd=1

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Stymie posted:

yes that's what happens when you make triangulating garbage targeted at the lowest common denominator rather than a quality product

much

your

posting

lammo

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Sweevo posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

the iPhone has sold better post-steve than before

iphone 6 an unmitigated failure - the learned elders of yospos

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sweevo posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
there is no guarantees that if Steve jobs had opted for the premium pharmaceuticals to treat his pancreatic/liver cancer that they would have worked anyway

if Steve was still Alive well the iPhone would be better than it is now. and since the iPhone 4 was his fav baby he wouldn't have abandoned it like a retarded child like timb has

you mother fuckers like your iPhone 6? just wait 5 years and see if timb still lets u use it

Tim is better at making money due to focusing oh making money. Steve just made the best products

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
lol i used an iphone 3g for five years and when i upgraded to the 5s i wish i did it sooner

only thing that sucked and wasnt just my own muscle memory getting in the way was the 3g got stronger reception

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's pretty amazing that you used a 3g for that long

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Hammerite posted:

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
wasn't steve jobs a buddhist

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

if he was then he wasn't a very good one

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He's a corpse

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
http://blogs.wsj.com/indonesiarealtime/2012/08/31/thai-group-says-steve-jobs-reincarnated-as-warrior-philosopher/

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

wow he was reincarnated as richard stallman?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Stymie's right

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
someone out there is still using an original iPhone. want to meet him (her??). i ;might learn a few things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
steve jobs had sex

• Locked thread