Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

somethingawful forums poster TEAYCHES aka THS thinks it would be acceptable to murder/assassinate US Presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, I don't think it's a very acceptable reaction at all, to advocate for the assassination of any US presidential candidate be it Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or anybody, TEAYCHES. That's a very dumb thing to say. I for one am excited to see this election cycle as the candidates are very unique from each other but I surely do not think wishing death upon the candidate Donald Trump is very cool at all.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you can pump trump in the rump for a bump, or so I've heard. he may be an a-hole, but he's a poz a-hole that you just can't neg.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Tezzor posted:

Cocaine is awesome, op

hell gently caress yeah if you don't like cocaine you can go straight to mexico

and then come back with some

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict
It puzzles my people can't understand Trump's popularity. Take a good long look at his republican opponents, think real hard about anyone of them being president. Okay, now that you are done throwing up in your mouth you understand why people like Trump. Just think of Trump as saving us from a third Bush presidency.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

revmoo posted:

Gridlock in Washington is a good thing believe it or not. Just imagine some of the abhorrent legislation that would be flying through the house and senate if our government could actually agree on everything.

It's hard to disagree with this but we should try to anyway. Congress does have a legitimate mandate to achieve. Governing needs to happen. Like, for one thing it's bad for the economy if things are so gridlocked that budget shenanigans start happening.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Buffer Overflow posted:

It puzzles my people can't understand Trump's popularity. Take a good long look at his republican opponents, think real hard about anyone of them being president. Okay, now that you are done throwing up in your mouth you understand why people like Trump. Just think of Trump as saving us from a third Bush presidency.

I get the love for trump but I'm utterly shocked at people not eating jeb up like I thought they would. In my eyes he's a better contender and smoother operator than his brother, and he has the name recognition. I figured he'd be able to latch on to the same power base and then some.

Maybe I can be wrong twice and Bernie will blow Hillary out of the water. That would own. Trump v Bernie primary. Just imagine it.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
OP would you say your crippling inability to be funny is a side effect of your mental illness, or just a freebie thrown in by a god who spends most of his days hungover and hating his job

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Tyme posted:

somethingawful forums poster TEAYCHES aka THS thinks it would be acceptable to murder/assassinate US Presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, I don't think it's a very acceptable reaction at all, to advocate for the assassination of any US presidential candidate be it Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or anybody, TEAYCHES. That's a very dumb thing to say. I for one am excited to see this election cycle as the candidates are very unique from each other but I surely do not think wishing death upon the candidate Donald Trump is very cool at all.

Yeah that phrase, "I don't agree with what you say but I'll die for your right to say it" died like 14 years ago.

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

to answer your question no one wants to see a third bush and the grandson of a man who said he couldnt remember where he was when kennedy was killed but was documented by the cia as being in the same town that day, we do not want that man to be president or anymore bushes

clinton aside from being another president who loved coke and cheating on his wife and maybe stealing money sometimes seems to have done a pretty good job, i have a lot of memories as a kid of people generally loving clinton

but his wife sucks and is already a criminal before election, and i really sincerely hope the women of america would not vote for someone they don't actually have confidence in just for some kind of gender representation or good vibes in office.

I think Bill gets a big pass because the Republicans were busy making GBS threads all over themselves trying to do ANYTHING with the Monica Lewinsky scandal as well as Bush II being the worst modern president in history, however his actual legacy and the policies he enacted are the same 1% serving poor people loving horseshit the right wing wants.

Deregulation of the derivatives market? Oh yeah, that turned out well and didn't result in one of the largest recessions in 80 years.

NAFTA? Oh boy, what a lovely thing these Free Trade deals have been for America.

Don't Ask Don't Tell? Yep, a wonderful solution that LGBT servicemen and women readily embraced.

Tough on Crime? Yeah, this totally resulted in a net benefit for society instead of just incarcerating a ton of Black People for decades on minor offenses.

Iraqi no Fly Zones? The expansion and continuation of this policy really checked Iraqi power and wasn't an ineffectual boondoggle that resulted in the deaths of thousands.

gently caress Bill Clinton and the New Democrats in general. If the Republicans weren't a bunch of corporatist totalitarian witch hunting assholes, he'd certainly not get the positive rap he does. But oh boy, the 90s! Bubble Economy and Prosperity for all, even if it was just laying the groundwork for W and his band of merry fascists.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I like trump more than a lot of right-wing US candidates because I think theres a good chance trump is faking it, I wouldnt vote for him tho

Buffer Overflow
Sep 3, 2006
Interweb Addict

Nathilus posted:

I get the love for trump but I'm utterly shocked at people not eating jeb up like I thought they would. In my eyes he's a better contender and smoother operator than his brother, and he has the name recognition. I figured he'd be able to latch on to the same power base and then some.

Maybe I can be wrong twice and Bernie will blow Hillary out of the water. That would own. Trump v Bernie primary. Just imagine it.

Well, lets see. It's not like Jeb's last name is such a tarnished brand in this country that he had to leave it out of his campaign logo in order to not immediately remind people about a legacy of horrific wars and economic meltdowns.

Bernie Sanders is the only person running for president that would do a better job than Trump. Think about that for a bit and weep for our nation.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Justin Tyme posted:

excedpt your wrong

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

extra stout posted:

to answer your question no one wants to see a third bush and the grandson of a man who said he couldnt remember where he was when kennedy was killed but was documented by the cia as being in the same town that day, we do not want that man to be president or anymore bushes
GHWB has plenty of faults but declining to participate in the cult of kennedy nostalgia isn't one of them

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Gazpacho posted:

excedpt your wrong

:nsa:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
trump has some pretty good policies, he supports single payer healthcare and a one off wealth tax

sanders > trump > everyone else imo

if it's trump v clinton i'll vote trump. except i can't because i'm an immigrant so i pay taxes and am not allowed to decide how i am governed.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
drat this thread is giving me more reasons to like trump over any other republican. A conservative isolationist would be a nice change of pace from mincing chickenhawk neocons

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Toadvine posted:

drat this thread is giving me more reasons to like trump over any other republican. A conservative isolationist would be a nice change of pace from mincing chickenhawk neocons

otoh http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/10/politics/donald-trump-fact-check-bomb-oil-fields-iraq/

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

hmm thats too bad

whats up with news outlets scrutinizing every trump policy? (I already know the answer) lets see this same journalistic rigor applied to any other candidate

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Toadvine posted:

lmao remember when GWB was against nation-building missions

naem
May 29, 2011

Toadvine posted:

hmm thats too bad

whats up with news outlets scrutinizing every trump policy? (I already know the answer) lets see this same journalistic rigor applied to any other candidate

Reagan and bush jr were both clowns but they were fronting for a very organized conservative political machine (which represented the super rich) that had real political agendas.

Trump is just a literal clown and it's hilarious how dangerous that makes him

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
its silly how blatantly different news outlets are expressing disdain for the trump. Saying he should bow out for calling mccain not-a-hero, and fact checking his policies on anything.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
It's gonna be hilarious watching Trump's reaction to being cockblocked by the electoral college.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Leroy Dennui posted:

It's gonna be hilarious watching Trump's reaction to being cockblocked by the electoral college.

that sure would light a fire under the right's rear end

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
mods pls rename me impotent fart-puff tia

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

naem posted:

Trump is just a literal clown and it's hilarious how dangerous that makes him

Is he going to pull some Dark Knight Joker shenanigans? He's the only actor I think who is capable of completely capturing the madness of the Joker that Heath Ledger displayed.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ignoring how stupid everything in this thread from op i s, why coke? any "coke head" is rich enough to afford that habit and not in the streets. i mean why not atleast like crack. or if you wanna go for real harmful poo poo thats killing people heroin. idk who would expect a trump supporter to have dumb opinions real crazy world we live in

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

The Saurus posted:

sanders > trump > everyone else imo

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Trump won't win, he needs to carry more support than 1/4 of the party.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

extra stout posted:

o i wasnt mocking him im just asking how far back to you have to go since a non politician businessman won? was perot the closest they ever came?

Hoover was a mining magnate, but he built his reputation using his European connections for humanitarian purposes during World War I, became Secretary of Commerce, then was elected President.

Everyone else either held prior elected office or was a general, except Taft (career civil servant).

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Toadvine posted:

its silly how blatantly different news outlets are expressing disdain for the trump. Saying he should bow out for calling mccain not-a-hero, and fact checking his policies on anything.

its actually the huge amount of racism and misogyny that has gotten him the most media attention, also deporting thirty million people and making mexico pay for a giant wall

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Trump won't win, he needs to carry more support than 1/4 of the party.

he'll pick up angry accelerationist spite support from each garbage-tier candidate that drops out

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

TEAYCHES posted:

its actually the huge amount of racism and misogyny that has gotten him the most media attention, also deporting thirty million people and making mexico pay for a giant wall

if you scrape the veneer off any other republican candidate's rhetoric you'll find equal disregard for the wellbeing of women and immigrants

and if you stop to consider why such vitriol is carrying him in the polls you might stumble into generations of brewing racism and misogyny

Im preaching to the choir but seriously, trump is just plain saying the things other candidates can only sashay towards.

yet no other candidate is under the scrutiny Trump is facing, but they should be.

news outlets should be taking every policy proposal to task, not just the poo poo trump is saying.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

well the infotainment and sensationalism of news is another topic entirely. the fact that trump is outrageous and gets more ratings is more a product of capitalism cutting itself than anything else

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Anti-Abortion doesn't equal anti-women

there's a fuckload of women who despise abortions

and not only that people would stop making a big deal about abortions if the idiots just made them being paid out of pocket instead of demanding that taxes cover them.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
god drat the heart of the matter is right there for the grasping if we as a nation could just take it one question further

why is a racist blowhard polling so well???

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Toadvine posted:

god drat the heart of the matter is right there for the grasping if we as a nation could just take it one question further

why is a racist blowhard polling so well???

Because Hillary is loving awful.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

and not only that people would stop making a big deal about abortions if the idiots just made them being paid out of pocket instead of demanding that taxes cover them.

in a speech yesterday trump said that women cant really be trusted with national secrets if they love their husbands because "are there any women in this room who are in love with their husbands who wouldn’t be telling them everything?”

also Illegals, rapists, dogwhistle politics, taint reaped AGAIN gently caress

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

4outof5 posted:

Tell that to the Palestinians they have about a football field and a half of land left and no one gives a gently caress or a poo poo about them anymore.

Anymore? No one's ever given a poo poo about them.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
trump aint no chump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

A only follows from B if you assume that women can't be anti-women, which isn't true. anti-abortion, from a legislative perspective, always means anti-woman.

• Locked thread