Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

They fit like a shoe but let your feet breathe

Ya know?

I like to wear 'em with socks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay also crocs

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
You know what? They're really nice on the beach. They'll help if you step on a stingray or something. But where they really shine is at the coffee shop.

Boy, just relaxin with my tevas and white socks and cargs and laptop is just like, well, it's just great. Yep. Pretty great start to the weekend. Come chat with me if you get a minute. Or don't. It's cool. I'll be over here.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Nikes are better.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

what up my brothas :c00l: ??

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

gently caress off with your cut up fake shoes

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
there is this fat guy who wears tevas with no socks at my office all year around. i bet his feet smell so bad. i feel sorry for whoever sits near him

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
So yeah, still chillin at the coffee shop with my Teve's on. Just reading the news on my laptop like I do most mornings. But I'd be happy to stop reading and chat it up a bit, ya know? Lotsa current events going on.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

thathonkey posted:

there is this fat guy who wears tevas with no socks at my office all year around. i bet his feet smell so bad. i feel sorry for whoever sits near him

Are you a lifeguard or does he not understand what an office is

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
:buddy:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Pirate Ken posted:

Are you a lifeguard or does he not understand what an office is

maybe he got like a super cool caj office where the manager's a alright guy who don't care about shoes

i only wear beach i go to the beach like 3-4 times a week on my bike

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Tejava tea is ok too.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
If Jesus comes back he's wearing crocs I reckon

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
all the cool kids are wearing roman sandals now op

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Simstim posted:

all the cool kids are wearing roman sandals now op

No arch support. Gonna get the flat feets.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They fit like a ping pong paddle. I'd get a pair of garmonts if you are into foot binding and want to rotate your pinky toes 90 degrees permanently.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

You cannot eat them,

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

tevas > birks IMO

birks are still really good tho but tiva is better

IN MY OPINION

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They're great until you try to step laterally and your foot falls off the pad and you end up tearing the sole. Would not recommend walking a river with those things.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

thread update: Just went to the beach and played volleyball, wore tevas when I rode my bike there. The sand was very hot when I took them off and I burned my feet and that kinda sucked. probs not bad enough to get blisters tho

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i dont think it ever gets warm enough for the sand to burn feet in beatiful victoria british columbia

maybe with global warming though

but it will still be windy as gently caress every day except just hotter

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i guess

they look

ok?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Is this some sort of honeypot thread

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
they look like sandals

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
as far as sandals go you can do a lot worse if you're a man

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

Is this some sort of honeypot thread

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

BigBoss posted:

as far as sandals go you can do a lot worse if you're a man

like the flip-flops with beer bottle openers on the sole

'yes, i would like to open my beer with a piece of metal that's been touching the dirty-rear end street i live in for three months, that sure sounds fun'

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

built in bottle openers on anything is trash poo poo because it should be your goal to open a beer bottle with anything OTHER than a bottle opener

like you can just use the pedal of a bike for example. or a lighter. or a counter top. you should use anything other than a bottle opener to open a bottle.

even an eye socket can open a bottle.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I just retired my tevas after like 15 years. I upgraded to a pair of Keens with a closed toe so I can stop losing toenails on rocks when I'm floating the river in the summer. Both are good in different ways

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Skeleton Ape posted:

I just retired my tevas after like 15 years. I upgraded to a pair of Keens with a closed toe so I can stop losing toenails on rocks when I'm floating the river in the summer. Both are good in different ways

These are one of the ways you can do worse. These are much uglier than Tevas, but I guess if you need the functionality then whatever.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I wear cargo shorts and socks and sandals every day during the summertime. Did so yesterday, going to do so again today. Of those aforementioned sandals, I have two pairs of Birkenstocks that I vary depending on sock color - a black pair and a brown pair.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Yeah I am aware they are not cool looking at all. My feet are much happier though :cheers:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Post a fit, OP

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Get that Birkenstock bullshit out of here

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Chacos are superior.

You can't deny it.

I got that z-shaped tanline to prove it.

Edit: No really, tevas are for people with terrible taste. Everybody cool goes for chaco.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Al Cowens posted:

Post a fit, OP

that is actually me

how did you find that

my birkenstock phase was not pretty

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Al Cowens posted:

Post a fit, OP

There's no way this guy wasn't self aware. I'ts a perfect storm of every SA/redditor stereotype.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chaco supremacy

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Tevas and Birks give me blisters.

Thank god otherwise I'd be tempted to wear those abominations every day.

Crocs rule Tevas drool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Speleothing posted:

Chacos are superior.

You can't deny it.

I got that z-shaped tanline to prove it.

Edit: No really, tevas are for people with terrible taste. Everybody cool goes for chaco.

In another world I would agree with you. I've had my Tevas for a long time though and my perma-tan lines are established. It would just be too big of a change, I'm sorry

• Locked thread