Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Can anybody recommend a good game on steam that has come out in the last few months that isnt an early access rouglike with 8bit graphics or do they not make those anymore?
killing floor 2 is early access but it's very nice and polished and definitely worth getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Borneo Jimmy posted:

Can anybody recommend a good game on steam that has come out in the last few months that isnt an early access rouglike with 8bit graphics or do they not make those anymore?

gta v

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pillars of eternity

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

hemophilia posted:

Pillars of eternity

a good one

fallout 4 is going to be good too, assuming bethesda has learned how to make quests

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i am looking forward to fallout 4 but all the goons in the games thread seems so angry about it.

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i am looking forward to fallout 4 but all the goons in the games thread seems so angry about it.

i think it looks fun

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
The newest season in Diablo 3 just started and it's actually a good game these days

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Rocket League

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

Pillars of eternity

I try this game its too hard, i put it on easy and still too hard

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

this is probably a good sign

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

ur an adult now; depression continues

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
I thought id have the mind of a child forever, but its slipping away from me and now its just turning into mush

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i'm looking forward to that mario maker. i plan on making marios.

That does look fun but I'm too goddamn cheapskate to justify getting a weeoo.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

children are not compelled to make sense of the chaos that is the adult world; try to think of it all like you drew pictures when you were 5. you saw it the but it wasnt ur responsibility so lm little ao

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Irrational Bees posted:

You gotta just chill out when you play it. Going slow and figuring the systems out is important. There's no reason to play anything but easy unless you're a grognard, so going on easy and just using the pause system to take your time and figure things out is v. important. Once you get the basics its just a very chill decent sized RPG with cool stories. It's worth learning how to deal with the antiquated combat.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

how about one of the batman games, you punch lots of guys in that

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
def depression op, maybe try getting into something exciting and life-altering or, barring that, get some happy pills

like weed's cool but i wouldn't recommend it for self-medication use if you're suffering from ennui. definitely see a professional

Irrational Bees posted:

play as a cipher, take all the knockdown spells, enjoy destroying everything while they're prone for 10-30+ seconds

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

You gotta just chill out when you play it. Going slow and figuring the systems out is important. There's no reason to play anything but easy unless you're a grognard, so going on easy and just using the pause system to take your time and figure things out is v. important. Once you get the basics its just a very chill decent sized RPG with cool stories. It's worth learning how to deal with the antiquated combat.

But 6 people is a lot, it confuses me. I try 6 rangers cause they all do easy things, and i get kinda far but idk

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Irrational Bees posted:

But 6 people is a lot, it confuses me. I try 6 rangers cause they all do easy things, and i get kinda far but idk

If you just pick up the voiced companions (except the hunter, who sucks rear end) you have a party that's powerful and balanced enough to basically auto-attack most crap down. The voiced priest is insanely good too and he can carry a bad party if you learn how to use his endurance restoration spells properly.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The trickiest part is making sure enemies are attacking your guys who can take hits and making sure they're auto-attacking the right dudes.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

Eonwe posted:

gaming is better now than it has ever been

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

If you just pick up the voiced companions (except the hunter, who sucks rear end) you have a party that's powerful and balanced enough to basically auto-attack most crap down. The voiced priest is insanely good too and he can carry a bad party if you learn how to use his endurance restoration spells properly.

:( Idk man, it just seems like theres a lot to do in it. I like things where I can do it as 1 guy

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i enjoyed axiom verge a lot, warning though it's a "retro" game

you kill stuff as 1 guy in it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Irrational Bees posted:

the easiest time you'll have as far as management goes is with monks and fighters, the only time you need to babysit a monk is when you wanna bust out some burst damage and a fighter can take on like a dozen comparatively high level player-class enemies singlehandedly and the only micro they need is when you click "drink potion."

rangers are surprisingly high-maintenance because they're generally weaker but have a really good active skill library to make up for it.

quote:

:( Idk man, it just seems like theres a lot to do in it. I like things where I can do it as 1 guy

play fighter, don't recruit anyone. there's a cheevo for soloing the game :)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Irrational Bees posted:

It's really easy if you just take your time learning the basics of combat. I don't like those party games very much either i just think you could find some solid fun and storytelling if you took the time to learn to hit spacebar and tell 5-6 guys what to do and then unpausing and looting the corpses.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Did you play witcher 3? I am not a fan of RPGs in general but it's a really good one that I loved.

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

It's really easy if you just take your time learning the basics of combat. I don't like those party games very much either i just think you could find some solid fun and storytelling if you took the time to learn to hit spacebar and tell 5-6 guys what to do and then unpausing and looting the corpses.

I do, like, I understnad how all the combat works and poo poo, I just get in situations where stuff seems unwinnable a lot

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Welcome to the real world, fellow ex-gamer adult. Well, the real world when you're not on this forum, watching movies & TV, fantasizing, woolgathering etc. etc. Um, anyway, I had to give up games myself due to slight carpal tunnel, so it's good neither of us will end up with game-crippled hands thus unable to wank ourselves (I mean jerk off individually, not each other).

You can still watch gamer series on TV like I do, and did I mention you can still play with your dick? And/or you could splash the money you save on games about until you attract a bf or gf or partner to pull it for you, if you butter 'em up right. Now that's mature!

Edit: adult grammar.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 29, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
When I was a kid I played a game called Betrayal at Krondor and man that was fun. My mom played games on her computer and my dad got it for her birthday and we ended up playing it together. In the first chapter you could go most places on the map and there was even content where you wouldn't get to until later in the game designed for that very first chapter that if you progressed past it wouldn't be there anymore. That was a fun game. Now it feels like when you play a lot of games they don't wanna make what people aren't gonna see so they make sure you see it all. But in BAK there was this part in Ch 1 you go all the way across the map to Northwarden and then you meet this guy you see later Tamney and he even sings you a song. You can get strong enough for the end of the game right in that first chapter and there's nine of them. But watch out cause James sucks with his sword so when you start Ch 2 you'd better save a training session for him where they exist because if you get to ch 7 and he still sucks with that sword man you are in for a hell of a time. Great game though I loved those wordlock chests.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

In that game you can legitimately get in over your head a few times. If you run into something that's too hard, usually you can go do something else. Even if you're deep into a dungeon

Just turn around and come back when the odds arent stacked against you.

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

BigBadSteve posted:

Welcome to the real world, fellow ex-gamer adult. Well, the real world when you're not on this forum, watching movies & TV, fantasizing, woolgathering etc. etc. Um, anyway, I had to give up games myself due to slight carpal tunnel, so it's good neither of us will end up with game-crippled hands thus unable to wank ourselves (I mean jerk off individually, not each other).

You can still watch gamer series on TV like I do, and did I say you can still play with your dick? And/or splash the money you save on games about until you attract a bf or gf or partner to pull it for you, if you butter 'em up right. Now that's mature!

I have a men, they just bore me usually

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

hemophilia posted:

In that game you can legitimately get in over your head a few times. If you run into something that's too hard, usually you can go do something else. Even if you're deep into a dungeon

Just turn around and come back when the odds arent stacked against you.

should I restart? I have 6 rangers or can I play like this?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

6 rangers is a bit gimmicky. I would restart and get the voiced companions instead of stacking in a bunch of stuff. You at least want the priest and mage

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Also the gay hayseed fighter, he is pretty drat good.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFU2nK_MgZU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Irrational Bees posted:

I have a men, they just bore me usually

Well now you're all grown up you can dump him and upgrade. And/or find a woman for a different sort of mature relationship? One 'grown' in all the right places, if you know what I mean. And be sure to tell us all about it here, so those of us who are also well-developed can enjoy your 'adult' experiences in a safe grown-up manner, i.e. vicariously.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Witcher 3 was dope as gently caress

Mr. Pumroy posted:

ignore them they are retards extrapolating all sorts of poo poo from screen captures or stuff that may or may not even make it to the final game. there's like obvious placeholder text and whatever in some and they're all "NO MORE S.P.E.C.I.A.L. RAAAAAAAGE"

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Irrational Bees posted:

Does this mean I'm an adult now or depressed?

you hosed up your brain with all the drugs. stop doing drugs completely.

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

BigBadSteve posted:

Well now you're all grown up you can dump him and upgrade. And/or find a woman for a different sort of mature relationship? One 'grown' in all the right places, if you know what I mean. And be sure to tell us all about it here, so those of us who are also well-developed can enjoy your 'adult' experiences in a safe grown-up manner, i.e. vicariously.

My new meat arrives on tuesday, and im very excited. Same day MGSV comes out, we're gonna play it together and and reenact the torture scenes on each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
My problem is that I lose interest due to dicking around too much. Dying light, Witcher 3 etc.
Just got the phantom pain today. Will try to finish this puppy.

• Locked thread