Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I was hoping Virtual Reality would be further along than it is. Occulus rift is pretty cool but it's still pretty rough and I dont know if its even going anywhere

I want to slay a dragon in virtual reality

also want to bang a dragon in virtual reality,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zzulu posted:

:goonsay:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
it's the only way to assert dominance over their kind

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
Also bummed there's no Mario 2 support in Mario Maker. I always wanted some sequels to Mario 2. I just wanna throw veggies at things.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I get easily bored by all games except for Souls games for some reason

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I think the last game I felt compelled to 100% was Elite Beat Agents. And I actually enjoyed it too, very strange.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zzulu posted:

dont look at me with those lustful eyes senpai :blush:

UpYourMotherNxtDoor
Nov 7, 2009
OP, around eight years ago I went through the same thing you seem to be going through. As a solo PC-only player, I was just not finding games to hold my attention any longer. I still loved the games world, though, and knew there had to be something out there for me.

I then shredded my wrist ligaments at work, could not use a keyboard, and didn't have the dexterity for a gamepad and its many left hand inputs/motions (just stop right there, you sick bastards!). I bought a DS, as I figured it was the only way I could do ANY kind of gaming. As an avowed, anti-handheld kind of guy, I found this to be extremely weird. But, it ultimately was the best thing that could've happened to me as far as getting back into games. The ability to play in short or long bursts matched my evolving life and attentions, and the games were way deeper than some of the older GBC/GBA etc. offerings. I soon added a PSP, 3DSXL, and now, a VITA (which rules).

Want something interesting to change the way you look at games? Try the 9 Hours, 9 Persons 9 Doors/Virtue's Last Reward series. The highly psychological/philosophical aspects just might be what your expanding mind is looking for - but do not play them out of order, no matter what anyone says. Take your time on games as well, wring as much as you can out of each experience. Aging/experience does modify how we fill our free time, and we certainly like to think we're going to always love the things that bring us joy NOW, but it's not always the case, also causing one to feel pressure to give up or treat with disdain those "kid things" that we "should have outgrown" by a certain age. Know that when "society" tells you these things about your need to "grow up", that they are just the jealous ramblings of those afraid to experience life on their own terms. Enjoy games as you see fit - if that means in a solo adventure that you play in 15-20 minute slices, so be it.

Also, you could try something emotionally light, with easy-to-grasp yet entertaining gameplay, like "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime". All ages? Yes. Fun as hell? Yes.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Or just like, not play videogames because theyre a waste of time :smaug:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

ikanreed posted:

Congratulations on your clinical depression, op.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Irrational Bees posted:

what is a fun game for me to play?
Normal, a game in which players take turns staying the gently caress out of my gender

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Phobic Nest posted:

I think the last game I felt compelled to 100% was Elite Beat Agents. And I actually enjoyed it too, very strange.

That's because Elite Beat Agents is cool as gently caress

That game destroyed my DS screen. Huge circle mark in the middle of the screen. Worth it, though.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Just play dark souls 2 until you die from a brain aneurysm.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Kuato posted:

I enjoyed ncaa football but they don't make it anymore. Now I just play civ and kind of browse the Internet and zone out in my leisure time

Yeah, I find that I'm totally done with 1st person shooters. Anymore it is CIV, XCOM, or some other turned based game. I just can't seem to find the care, attention or energy it takes to play an FPS, especially if it is online playing against other people. On occasion I feel the desire to compete, but mostly I just want to loving relax.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
thats because youre getting old and your body and mind is slowly dying. Now it only seeks rest for it is preparing for eternal slumber

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Zzulu posted:

thats because youre getting old and your body and mind is slowly dying. Now it only seeks rest for it is preparing for eternal slumber

This is how attempting to play mega man legacy collection makes me feel.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Zzulu posted:

Quoting this because it is true.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Agreed OP, video games are really bad now.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

ive been playing majoras mask on 3ds an its pretty good op

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

thanks for a cool new word i've never encountered

:haw:

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

op!

play Shovel Knight!

edit: also try Dark Souls. the Souls series really gave me hope for video games in general.

i suggested Shovel Knight because you seem depressed. that game can really help a downtrodden mood

puke pentagram fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Aug 30, 2015

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
play quake

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
what is that new type of game that takes incorporates video/photography from real life and uses that as a template or something? i saw like a tower defense game i think that someone was playing and the course was made by the picture on their tablet or something

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

augmented reality

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
tyvm gurmstore

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

op - what the best starter pokman?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
congrats op now you conform to the goon-preferred lifestyle

i also make sure to do and like only the things goons tell me are ok

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

jesus that disturbs

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

In the demo you're actually humping a big black man.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

dustyn_echoes posted:

jesus that disturbs

Get it on!
Why is there no head? That is what bothered me.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

games were really bad for a few years there (2006-2011 or so) but they've gotten a lot better. It's important to have healthy and balanced hobbies though OP, I enjoy Gaming more now that I have a full-time job and have started reading a lot again. Nothing sucks the fun out of anything more than sitting around doing nothing else all day.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
what is the best game of 2015?

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

:nws: http://youtu.be/dzaJjNOr2lk

Gaming is a trillion times more awesome than it used to be

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBXpCFKj91U

The kid doing this looks like 12. OTOH maybe this is what it takes to get the japanese interested in sex again.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zzulu posted:

what is the best game of 2015?
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the best game of 2015 and in fact all time.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

midnightclimax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBXpCFKj91U

The kid doing this looks like 12. OTOH maybe this is what it takes to get the japanese interested in sex again.

Are Japanese people Pandas?
Who knows!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Flynn Taggart posted:

:nws: http://youtu.be/dzaJjNOr2lk

Gaming is a trillion times more awesome than it used to be

i am on the list thanks

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, the best game of 2015 and in fact all time.

is it really good? thinking of getting it for pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Saw this yesterday. Looks absolutely mental

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svF9S4bUjP0

• Locked thread