Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i had to shower with a flashlight for lighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:derptiel:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I shower blindfolded because nudity is a sin

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
when the power is out the computer cant refuse my advances. time to gently caress :q:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

RBC posted:

when the power is out the computer cant refuse my advances. time to gently caress :q:

rbc - rapes boxy computers
:smith:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
what is with all the Computer Sex in this subforum all of a sudden!!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
pleasurekevin you should go investigate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i have a lot of natural light in my bathroom, and all other rooms

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
natural light owns

"take advantage of... FREE LIGHT" - every dad ever, as he turns off your bedroom light and opens the curtains

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

i did i investigated it and no one seems to be there fixing it any more.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

PleasureKevin posted:

i did i investigated it and no one seems to be there fixing it any more.

"NO POWER FOR YOU!!!" - the power nazi, to pleasurekevin, on the street by his house

pram
Jun 10, 2001
did you pay your bill poverty kevin

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cold on a Cob posted:

This could be a hit youtube series, 'PleasureKevin Investigates'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLAcFHkASc

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

natural light owns

"take advantage of... FREE LIGHT" - every dad ever, as he turns off your bedroom light and opens the curtains

curtains are a privilege, not a right

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This could be a hit youtube series, 'PleasureKevin Investigates'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLAcFHkASc

cooking with smythe
pleasurekevin investigates
candid candid camera hosted by echinopsis

yospos.tv saturday night block looking good

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

apparently like 20 blocks are out of power or more

Cold on a Cob posted:

cooking with smythe

this is really tempting

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Cold on a Cob posted:

cooking with smythe

panda time with silver

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

wow the power is out over a large chunk of Vancouver to the west of Main Street

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well I honestly thought it might just have been my apartment buts likes like national news and 200k home shave no power

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the power is still loving out. MacBook at 65%. Ipad at 100 phone at 40

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PleasureKevin posted:

the power is still loving out. MacBook at 65%. Ipad at 100 phone at 40

Keep posting to conserve energy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hate it when power goes out and businesses are all "this is costing us thousands of dollars every hour its out" i mean gently caress if power is that important get a generator or something!! power is a privilege not a fuckin right

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
there are only two things to do during a power outage and that doesn't include posting

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

when the power goes out i light candles. i light all of the candles in my house, and then i go to my neighbor's house and light all of their candles. sometimes they're home and are all 'please don't hurt us just take the candles" and somethines they're not home and i can light their candles without fuss

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

still no power and my MacBook almost died due to watching a movie at full brightness. now recharging at a restaurant across the street.

turns out that tree probably didn't take out the power but 90 other trees probably did

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

You should probably buy a generator in preparation for winter

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
get some solar panels, op

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
solar panels and batteries and dc-run backup systems are kiiiiinda my fetish, op

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

there are only two things to do during a power outage and that doesn't include posting

hitachi doesn't work right off of fake sine ups

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Sniep posted:

solar panels and batteries and dc-run backup systems are kiiiiinda my fetish, op

same it's my new fetish starting tomorrow.

i'm thinking stationary bike + battery. what do you suggest for the latter? i'd like it to have regular voltage outputs as well as 12V outputs for powering little HAM radio units and charging USB stuff (also maybe USB connectors too)

i saw a sweet vid by ibookguy showing him modding a backup power supply to output 12V which saved battery power as opposed to connecting to full power 3-pin connectors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ur-D37-juo

so yeah how can i do that minus mods and also attach it to a stationary bike to recharge

obviously i will keep the battery charging on the grid, but have the bike for exercise plus emergency recharging in a prolonged black out

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
so what you're saying is your power level doesn't even register?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
no pleasure kevin i mean like hundreds of watts minimum

i dont know anyhting about no stationary bike powered anything except that thing at epcot center when i was a kid and i pedaled real hard and made an incandescent bulb barely light up

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

putting the battery on a bicycle will probably make about as much power as letting the battery recover a bit of charge just sitting by itself, before you get pissed off and find something else to do

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

http://www.powerstream.com/dc-pc-24v-500w-sfx.htm

Neat!

Don't connect a battery in between though, hook it directly to a solar panel so that you can only shitpost in sunny weather

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

error1 posted:

http://www.powerstream.com/dc-pc-24v-500w-sfx.htm

Neat!

Don't connect a battery in between though, hook it directly to a solar panel so that you can only shitpost in sunny weather

that's actually kinda neat, i was thinking about running a 24v system for household DC but the issue being everything runs at 12v (13.8 in reality for much of it) i wasnt sure how easy it'd be to drop-down to usable voltage in a legit way that both kept 24 and 12 available... like, there's no distribution blocks for that which aren't marine basically.

but it's kinda cool.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

For small loads, you can get adjustable DC regulators for a couple bucks on ebay that will let you select a wide range of voltages, I used one to embed a raspberry pi in my 3d printer and steal power from its 18V power supply. Those should be enough to power small electronic appliances like phones, networking stuff, chargers etc.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

still no power

plus I locked myself out of my apartment while smoking weed

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the power is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.