Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
As many of you know, TFF lost an icon this off-season. Honestly, there is not a lot left for me to say in this thread that hasn’t been said better in the memorial thread. Gameday was always more fun when wheez the roux was posting. It's important to remember though that wheez wasn’t just a funny poster, he was a caring human being. In memory of Aric, TFF has already raised $2730 for charity, and that’s awesome. However, I see no reason to stop our giving. That's why IllegallySober and I are happy to announce the 1st Annual wheez the roux Memorial Cougs Up Bitch TD Drive.

The rules are relatively simple. For every touchdown the Cougs score in 2015 you donate some money and drink some booze. Here are the complete rules:
1.) We are using the marathon method of donation, that is to say you pledge some amount per touchdown, payable to the charity of your choice (probably SPLC or MSF) at the end of the season. For Instance: I will be pledging $2 to the SPLC per TD because I am graduate student with limited income. I understand many goons aren't going to have a ton of money to donate, so don't be intimidated, just pledge what you feel comfortable being able to give.
2.) In addition to money, that is to say only after you have already pledged money, you can also pledge drinks. For instance: I will be taking a shot of Fireball for every Coug touchdown.
3.) Sometimes life gets in the way of drinking, so if you are drinking along with us you may want or need to opt out of your drinks, but opting out comes with a price. Each opt-out you use counts as an additional touchdown. If you don’t pay up your drinks by midnight Monday morning, those missed drinks count against your opt-outs.
4.) Have fun, watch the Cougs, rock some raggaeton or whatever wheez used to always post in the GDTs.

I set up a google doc to keep track of everything. So feel free to fill in your information. But please also post the details of your pledge in this thread just to make sure I notice it. in this thread I am relying on you to be honest, please don’t cheat charity. At the end of the season, once you post proof of your final donation in this thread, you will be marked down officially as not a PoS (which I am keeping personal spreadsheet to track so I can be sure the money definitely makes it to charity).
If you have any questions you can PM me, post them in this thread, or e-mail me at ScoreCougsScore@gmail.com.

:siren:QUESTIONS:siren:

You idiot! You made it so anyone can edit the spreadsheet, what if someone vandalizes it?

I will backing up the spreadsheet on a regular basis. Hopefully that is unnecessary.

What if something happens and I will be unable to follow the WSU game or will know I will have to use some opt outs?

Even though it is surely unwise, I will trust people generally to keep track of their opt out counters, but if you are going to miss the game and don't want to have to check the box score later to tally up opt outs, post in this thread and I will tally them for you for game you miss.

I didn't see this thread until after the season started, can I still join in?

Of course! The point is to keep raising money, it would be stupid to not let people jump in late if they want to. Just know, since I am using a spread sheet and I am lazy, I will be counting Touchdowns retroactively, so keep that in mind when calculating what you can reasonably give.

What's the point of this thread? What am I supposed to post in here?

Questions about the game. Pictures of Coug touchdowns. wheeze-esque gameday recipes. Whatever adds to this drive being enjoyable and worthwhile. And, of course, final proof of your donation.

What happens if the Cougs go all the way?

Armageddon. But for real, if the Cougs go bowling, we might make those touchdowns count double or something. If the Cougs end up bowl eligible I will probably post a survey and we will figure out as a group if we think we should have special bowl season rules.

Are we doing anything special for the Apple Cup?

Probably. Not exactly sure what yet, but we will discuss it.

:siren:List of Participants:siren:
alpha_destroy
IllegallySober

Coug Schedule
9/5 Portland State
9/12 Rutgers
9/19 Wyoming
10/3 Cal
10/10 Oregon
10/17 Oregon State
10/24 Arizona
:ghost:10/31 Stanford:ghost:
11/7 Arizona State
11/14 UCLA
11/21 Colorado
:siren::siren:11/27 APPLE CUP BITCHES:siren::siren:

Pictures and Fun poo poo if Anyone Posts Any

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

This can only end poorly for my liver. But happy to raise some more money in the name of wheez!

Can't seem to edit the sheet from my phone, but I am doing:

$2/TD
1 shot per TD (haven't decided what liquor yet but it'll be after the games on Saturday night as I officiate football during the day on Saturdays)

Referee fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 29, 2015

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Put me down for $5 per TD, but half a shot per TD of cheap Canadian whiskey spread over the weekend. That Air Raid offense can destroy defenses and livers with ease.

All funds to find a cure for liver disease Doctors Without Borders.

And can someone put me in the Google docs thing?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I'll do $2 per TD to MSF

I'm going to skip the drinking stuff tho.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If I can, in my next published study I will put wheeze's real name in the acknowledgements. It may be a while until this happens, but its definitely something I would like to make happen, even if its just a small gesture.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
I'm in for $2 per TD, and will be drinking whatever liquor is on hand at my place over the course of the weekend. Are we meant to document our drinks and post them in thread each week?

Drinking for MSF.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Smarms posted:

I'm in for $2 per TD, and will be drinking whatever liquor is on hand at my place over the course of the weekend. Are we meant to document our drinks and post them in thread each week?

Drinking for MSF.

:shrug: Drunk-posting is against the rules, soooo... No? I don't think that it is required. I think posts about booze will still happen, and I am sure occasional down the hatch-esque posts will happen, but no, no one has a checklist making sure you post once per drink. The drinks are more honor system than anything, which I know is asking a lot. But, this is supposed to just be fun and charitable, you know?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

alpha_destroy posted:

:shrug: Drunk-posting is against the rules, soooo... No? I don't think that it is required. I think posts about booze will still happen, and I am sure occasional down the hatch-esque posts will happen, but no, no one has a checklist making sure you post once per drink. The drinks are more honor system than anything, which I know is asking a lot. But, this is supposed to just be fun and charitable, you know?

Drunk posting is ok in GDT's as long as it isn't egregiously bad. You don't have to blow into a breathalyzer to access to forums...

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

swickles posted:

Drunk posting is ok in GDT's as long as it isn't egregiously bad. You don't have to blow into a breathalyzer to access to forums...

Half the fun of NCAA GDTs is Rule 12, the other half is when chaos reigns.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

swickles posted:

This is true, but I figured a thread of nothing, but "took a shot!" would be boring. I worry that requiring proof of every drink would run into "egregiously bad" territory, or at the very least not entertaining enough to justify the rule territory. That's all.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Personally, I was thinking of applying a drinking game to the NFL people - in memory of the last play wheez ever saw, take a shot every time they show the interception at the end of the Super Bowl during games (commercials not included because that would be deadly)

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Manoueverable posted:

Personally, I was thinking of applying a drinking game to the NFL people - in memory of the last play wheez ever saw, take a shot every time they show the interception at the end of the Super Bowl during games (commercials not included because that would be deadly)

Yeah, if some NFL fans want to come up with a game to celebrate wheez's Seahawks fandom, go for it. I am just a CFB fan, so I didn't even think of that.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

alpha_destroy posted:

Yeah, if some NFL fans want to come up with a game to celebrate wheez's Seahawks fandom, go for it. I am just a CFB fan, so I didn't even think of that.

I saw that INT at least 6 times tonight watching the Eagles game from the commercials. Would need some considerations because that play will give all of TFF cirrhosis within 2 weeks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Count me in for $5 per Coug TD. Also, to make things exciting - If the Cougs beat the Huskies in the Apple Cup, I'll donate $100 to the SPLC

I'm a current grad student at UW, so this means something to me.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Gameday bitches. I am going to be at Faurot field, so I will be taking my Coug shots tonight. At any rate, go Cougs.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

Gameday bitches. I am going to be at Faurot field, so I will be taking my Coug shots tonight. At any rate, go Cougs.

Enjoy the game, hopefully Maty looks like something resembling a qb this year. :ohdear:

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Wazzu starts the season losing to FCS Portland State. Not an auspicious start at all.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Wazzu didn't even get me buzzed today. A shameful Coug.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Very disappointed in my level of intoxication from that performance :destiny:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
A little late on this but yeah, a buck per TD and I had a couple shots of Fireball last night. The drinking will probably just end up being whatever I have around the house, though. I chased it with about 5 angry orchards :shobon:

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
I'm in, missed the last game but chugged a beer to make up for it.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Crossposting from the gdt:

alpha_destroy posted:

I want to take this moment to share with you all the first miracle of Saint wheez.

This weekend I had a wedding to go to. I unfortunately forgot to pack my fireball for the journey. Between the wedding and the reception my wife and I stopped at her parents. Sitting there, on the desk in the guest room, was some fireball I had left last time I was in town.

I have taken my shots for today. Go cougs!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

alpha_destroy posted:

Crossposting from the gdt:

And though there was only enough Fireball for 1 game, it kept us drunk for 8. Truly a wheezakauh miracle.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Muthafucking Cooooooooooogs! We're all enemies of Rutgers tonight!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Cougs up, bitch.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Cougs :unsmith:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Washington State makes me so happy. :unsmith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
4 TDs, 4 shots. Packing a killer buzz right now.

Smarms
Aug 27, 2008
Thank Christ the Cougs scored some TDs today, I needed this Fireball to get through the Mizzou poo poo show.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Smarms posted:

Thank Christ the Cougs scored some TDs today, I needed this Fireball to get through the Mizzou poo poo show.

Right? Mauk threw a Mauk (multiple TDs multiple INTs and less 50% completion). Thank god the cougs did a thing.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Checking scores, I see that both Wazzu and Kent State won.

gently caress yes I love football

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I updated the TD counter in the google doc.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
COUGS, BITCH :unsmith:

elKlepitan
Jul 13, 2015

Sis the Roux

Repping the coolest cat in TFF

swickles posted:

And though there was only enough Fireball for 1 game, it kept us drunk for 8. Truly a wheezakauh miracle.

I love this.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I also decided to try a 4loko in memory of wheez. Well, more than one actually. They have a lot of flavors.

Grape isn't... horrible? I guess? I mean, it tastes exactly like grape powerade with booze in it.

Fruit punch tastes like... hawaiian punch with booze in it.

I'd try more but, I had to hand the grape off to my fiancee so I could even try this fruit one. Eh. Just too much sugar for me.

But, I'll add to the challenge. Any time the Cougs score 4 or more TDs for the rest of the year I'll also drink some flavor of 4loko. Note: It may not (probably won't) happen the same night as I do the obligatory shots. I don't want to die. I am actually going to finish this fruit punch one since the Cougs scored 4 TDs this past week.

e: Jesus this poo poo is like, candy. But yeah, 4TDs, so I did 4 shots saturday and the 4loko today. God save my stomach.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 17, 2015

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Fenrir posted:

I also decided to try a 4loko in memory of wheez. Well, more than one actually. They have a lot of flavors.

Grape isn't... horrible? I guess? I mean, it tastes exactly like grape powerade with booze in it.

I'd try more but, I had to hand the grape off to my fiancee so I could even try this fruit one. Eh. Just too much sugar for me.

But, I'll add to the challenge. Any time the Cougs score 4 or more TDs for the rest of the year I'll also drink some flavor of 4loko. Note: It may not (probably won't) happen the same night as I do the obligatory shots. I don't want to die. I am actually going to finish this fruit punch one since the Cougs scored 4 TDs this past week.

e: Jesus this poo poo is like, candy. But yeah, 4TDs, so I did 4 shots saturday and the 4loko today. God save my stomach.

Orange, Lemon Lime and Blue Raspberry are probably the best. I think the citrus flavors help counter the awful malt liquor aftertaste.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fenrir posted:

You don't really get the 4loko experience unless you dissolve some no doze or other OTC trucking caffeine pill in them.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

You don't really get the 4loko experience unless you dissolve some no doze or other OTC trucking caffeine pill in them.

That... would probably kill me. I don't get along very well with caffeine or really any stimulants at all. I could never drink 4loko when it had the whole energy drink thing going on.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

So soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Fenrir posted:

That... would probably kill me. I don't get along very well with caffeine or really any stimulants at all. I could never drink 4loko when it had the whole energy drink thing going on.

Do it for wheez.

• Locked thread