Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
are loving delicious

qtiyd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Anaheim chilies are also known as New Mexico chilies or California chilies and their heat level varies a lot when fresh -- Hatch is a town in the chili growing region of New Mexico. If dried it is known as a guajillo.

OP drinks bird cum.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

Anaheim chilies are also known as New Mexico chilies or California chilies and their heat level varies a lot when fresh -- Hatch is a town in the chili growing region of New Mexico. If dried it is known as a guajillo.

OP drinks bird cum.

gently caress california, gently caress california's sissy spice tolerance, and gently caress you

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
anaheim peppers own bones, op

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

proof of concept posted:

gently caress california, gently caress california's sissy spice tolerance, and gently caress you

chill out and smoke a joint dude lol

--signed a californian

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Libelous Slander posted:

anaheim peppers own bones, op

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the loving peppers are from new mexico how did california/a city in california get attached to their name?

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
i love 'em! i always got everything "x-mas style" when i was visiting albuquerque though. was the best. i like the reds AND the greens.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Chili's are gross and really only used for getting anonymous blowjobs in the bathrooms

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

Chili's are gross and really only used for getting anonymous blowjobs in the bathrooms

not what I'm talking about, but I do believe that you know from firsthand experience the thing that you are talking about

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

they are good minced and mixed into hamburger meat, and make a good salsa

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

they are good minced and mixed into hamburger meat, and make a good salsa

god damnit now I want a hatch chile burger oh my god

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
i made the americas test kitchen chili colorado with hatch chilies and pork shoulder a few weeks ago and it was very naice

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I made chicken & black bean enchiladas w hatch chile sause it was v good & a great poop

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Haverchuck posted:

i made the americas test kitchen chili colorado with hatch chilies and pork shoulder a few weeks ago and it was very naice

please post the recipe for this it sounds so loving good

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

haha it's summer how can it be chile in here :)

Green Mind
Aug 5, 2007

Said it's ok...
gently caress yes. The smell of roasting Hatch chilies with the first cold wind of fall is whats up.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
We introduced a couple products using them last week and they are pretty good. Right now, limited to making 'dillas and dicing up several boxes of a day to give to the various departments to mix with.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?

proof of concept posted:

god damnit now I want a hatch chile burger oh my god

Hey guy. I have to deal with these things for the next month. We make burgers with them. Fresh hatch diced, cilantro, dried black bean, some sort of tequila lime seasoning.

Hatch chopped up cheddar and bacon burgers.

Also

Loose chorizo sausage stuffed in a fresh hatch. Grill that sucker up.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I made green chicken chili and green chile cheeseburgers with them last week, tonight I was going to put them in swiss steak but no one but me wanted them in there

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
this is my favoreti chili

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

squartle posted:

this is my favoreti chili

:eyepop:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Zig-Zag posted:

Hey guy. I have to deal with these things for the next month. We make burgers with them. Fresh hatch diced, cilantro, dried black bean, some sort of tequila lime seasoning.

Hatch chopped up cheddar and bacon burgers.

Also

Loose chorizo sausage stuffed in a fresh hatch. Grill that sucker up.

mail me some burgers please

patties are flat so they should fit right into an envelope real good :unsmith:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

y do we say it's chile out when we're cold, chiles are spicy kind alike HEAT hot hah the english language is a cruel mmysterious beast and i will tame her

someday

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

proof of concept posted:

the loving peppers are from new mexico how did california/a city in california get attached to their name?

The name "Anaheim" derives from Emilio Ortega, a farmer who brought the seeds from New Mexico to the Anaheim, California, area in 1894.

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
I live in New Mexico man, let me tell you they just got the roasters out this week, and it is glorious. There is a local ice cream shop here that offers candied green chile as a topping.
Look, if ya'll need real green chile from the source, I've got your hookup.
:heysexy::fork:

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Nekodoshi posted:

I live in New Mexico man, let me tell you they just got the roasters out this week, and it is glorious. There is a local ice cream shop here that offers candied green chile as a topping.
Look, if ya'll need real green chile from the source, I've got your hookup.
:heysexy::fork:

I WOULD LIKE 10,000 BUSHELS OF YOUR FINEST GREEN CHILES!!!!

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Heard about these for the first time two weeks ago, saw them in the grocery store a couple days ago.

Roasted em, peeled em, diced them, and added to a medley of a couple red and orange peppers for color, some serranos from the garden, and some onions; sauteed everything and then added to some shitakes that had been sauteed separately.

Put it over some thick steaks that had marinated for a day and then broiled crispy on the edges, bloody in the middle.

Was quite yummy. Good flavor on the hatches.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Internetjack posted:

Heard about these for the first time two weeks ago, saw them in the grocery store a couple days ago.

Roasted em, peeled em, diced them, and added to a medley of a couple red and orange peppers for color, some serranos from the garden, and some onions; sauteed everything and then added to some shitakes that had been sauteed separately.

Put it over some thick steaks that had marinated for a day and then broiled crispy on the edges, bloody in the middle.

Was quite yummy. Good flavor on the hatches.

very good. now, please, if you will, if you could be so kind as to describe the resulting poop.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i hate tasty food because it reminds me that i am alive and that sucks

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

very good. now, please, if you will, if you could be so kind as to describe the resulting poop.

A light sautee on peppers takes the edge off the heat, and leaves the flavor intact.

Poop was nice and firm. Cause I eat a balanced diet on a regular basis.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
hatch chillies are good but god loving drat they go nuts with them down here in tejas

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp
I like hatches and poblanos.

They are both very good peppers and should always be used in place of boring rear end green bell peppers.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

psyopmonkey2 posted:

I like hatches and poblanos.

They are both very good peppers and should always be used in place of boring rear end green bell peppers.

when i eat chilli my cat Joey doesn't like to lick my hands because of the chilli flavors

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

when i eat chilli my cat Joey doesn't like to lick my hands because of the chilli flavors

I doubt you also have a cat named joey.

Please post pictures of your cat joey.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

psyopmonkey2 posted:

I doubt you also have a cat named joey.

Please post pictures of your cat joey.

we both know i can just fake this also i dont have a camera or a phone that i can pull photos off of. i'm just being a dick. HI MONKEY!

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

we both know i can just fake this also i dont have a camera or a phone that i can pull photos off of. i'm just being a dick. HI MONKEY!

:colbert:

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

:laffo:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

if i lived in new mexico i would just be one of those red rock mesas quivering in the sun as a conveyor belt dumped green chili cheeseburgers from blakes lottaburger down my throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Videodrome
Apr 5, 2003

All hail the new flesh!
Does anyone have evidence that there even was such a thing as a "Hatch Chile" 10 years or more ago? I swear these are just Anaheim Chiles that HEB or someone has decided to create a mythology around.

I've lived in Texas for nearly 40 years and this is the first year I have heard people talk about "Hatch chiles" as though they had cultural or historic significance.

• Locked thread