Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ihmemies posted:

Several slimy shafts down

i'll bet :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Oh, wait, when did ulnar stimulators stop working on helping hands? That was the CLASSIC trick! Oh! That's a shame!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Ihmemies posted:

Welp I don't know too much about a "build". I thought I'd rather shoot at enemies than melee them, so I put a lot in agility and intelligence. Somehow my guy ended up having axe and dual wield proficiency. I've been buying random skills and now I use a salthopper mandible and a flaming carbide dagger when I want to save ammo, and enemies are not too nasty. So I shoot at enemies.. and I can sprint away if things go badly.. :v: Is that a build? :shrug:

Golgotha is a puzzle to solve and the first major roadblock that really requires a strategy to survive (or bypass) the challenges instead of just bruteforcing everything

Hit-and-run tactics work in the early game but start to fail pretty hard in midgame dungeons because you'll often be swarmed by aggressive enemies in a narrow tunnel and things will be constantly going badly for a long time, and you might have nowhere safe to retreat to. Some dangers can be dodged or outrun, or you can pop a salve and run through while facetanking the incoming damage, but either way you need multiple solutions to address the challenges the game throws at you.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/333640/view/4195740727955544983

Update on the future of Qud. Cool poo poo. Joppa refresh which is really delightful and exciting, a highlight for me. Joppa deserves to be one of the all-time great starter towns.

quote:

This update is already in private beta, coming to Patreon supporters extremely soon, and then going to open beta in early May & releasing a few weeks after that. Here’s what’s included:

- 🚨ALL NEW INTERFACE🚨 The much-touted, transformational UI redesign is complete! Fully mouseable, fully gamepaddable, and gorgeous, but all carefully designed to maintain the essence of what makes Qud Qud.
- a refresh of the starting town of Joppa, with as much texture & lived-in feeling as the rest of the world
- hundreds of new sound and visual effects
- 40 new achievements
- several new narrative touches, big bug fixes, & performance improvements

Plus, “two big DLCs” for post-launch. Bonkers imo.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Super excited for this, I'm going to put the game down until 1.0 after my current character finds out just how many ape gods it takes to defeat some Nephilim, but sounds like I'll have a lot to come back to. DLC will be a day one purchase pretty much guaranteed

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
you love to see it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
hell yeah

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
put out a season pass for that DLC and I'll smash that buy button so fast

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cantorsdust posted:

put out a season pass for that DLC and I'll smash that buy button so fast

Caves of Qud battle pass

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
https://twitter.com/unormal/status/1742720997097156785

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Imagine if being a catgirl was a mutation. Imagine the reviews from definitely-not-fascist gamers after their cool truekin dudes run into gamma moths. This is the height of comedy, to me

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Somebody commissioned me to make a catgirl tile at one point so we’re already good to go

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

megane posted:

Somebody commissioned me to make a catgirl tile at one point so we’re already good to go

Mmm, the siren call of mtx...

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Imagine if being a catgirl was a mutation. Imagine the reviews from definitely-not-fascist gamers after their cool truekin dudes run into gamma moths. This is the height of comedy, to me

:sickos:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The game already has Dungeon Meshi cooking, catgirls are the next logical step

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The game already has Dungeon Meshi cooking, catgirls are the next logical step

And dragongirls. I commissioned that dragongirl some time ago.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
  • The salt desert is once again populated with scorpiocks.
  • Credit lockboxes are now made out of metal, as claimed.
  • Gigantic tonics now indicate they contain double dosage.
  • Flowers are no longer breakable.
  • Symbiotic fireflies are now treated as live animals.
  • Legendary animated objects now have "animated" in their display names, where appropriate.
  • Added plants and farmable plants to Mountains population tables.
  • Motorized treads and gun racks can no longer be dismembered.
  • Made Spinnerets' web stickiness scale better with mutation rank.
  • Clarified in Spinnerets' description that you are immune to getting stuck.
  • When you have Dystechnia, tinkers now give the right message when you ask them to identify an artifact.
  • Light chords no longer display their blank armor stats.
  • Stalagmites now render above liquid pools.
  • Creatures are now less prone to walking over catch basins and polluting their contents.
  • Opening yourself when you are an animated container (for ex. a table) will now open your inventory rather than saying "You have nothing to trade."
  • Fixed a bug that caused some spiders not to weave webs.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the AI to toggle many toggleable AI abilities on and off again repeatedly.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the sacred well to prompt you twice about important items.
  • Fixed a bug that caused limbs dismembered from creatures implanted with a phase harmonic modulator to stay omniphase indefinitely.
  • Fixed a color issue with mumblemouth.
  • [modding] Fixed a bug that caused IPlayerParts to be deep copied.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Angry Diplomat posted:

This is just the most perfect mental image. You've done us a great service by sharing it.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

quote:

Opening yourself when you are an animated container (for ex. a table) will now open your inventory rather than saying "You have nothing to trade."

qud.txt

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there a trick to making turrets useful? I really like the idea of using them both offensively and defensively, but the fact that they cost one whole weapon each, can’t be picked back up, and take 10 turns to set up really makes them far more of a pain in the rear end than they’re worth. It feels very unviable as a major component of a tinkerer’s strategy.

Do I really gotta farm a million Issachar rifles n poo poo?

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Pollyanna posted:

can’t be picked back up
The Swipe skill + Dueling Stance of the Long Blades skill tree is a great way to disarm turrets, which should make recovering missile weapons easy.

I don’t place turrets ever, but turrets are a key part of my tinker game plan. Swiping the guns off of turrets provides some extra tinkering bits in the early game. Midgame, the turrets built by dynamic turret tinkers in deep jungle or baroque ruins are excellent sources of high-tier missile weapons and high-tier bits (ofc you have to run the risk of getting blasted while you try to swipe the gunzzzz)

A disassembled chaingun gives the highest-tier bit needed to make a laser rifle and laser rifles have quite good trade value- so once you know how to build laser rifles and are tough enough to stand next to a chain gun turret without immediately dying, disarming a chaingun and disassembling it is a great way to basically pick up a lot of money that you can carry around with 0 weight.

Pollyanna posted:

Do I really gotta farm a million Issachar rifles n poo poo?

If you get into a good groove and start accumulating bits, you’ll eventually accumulate enough 2 bits that you’d need to have projects (a bazillion rifle turrets, a huge stack of X type grenade) to get rid of all of them.

Idk if I’ve ever seen a post of fun tricks and tips about tinker builds in Qud.

General tip: get a source of flying and you can explore further into the map earlier. This will help you get to Ezra and the Yd Freehold earlier in your character’s development.

Tinkering tip: the dish you can cook in Ezra gives you psychometry, which will let you learn how to build low-tier artifacts that you’re carrying. (With ego modifiers, you can learn how to build mid tier artifacts, too)

Tinkering tip: Bep, the tinker in Yd, stocks high-tier bits and data disks. He’s usually my top choice for cloning as “more copies of guy” = “more chances that 1 copy restocks with that data disk I really want.”

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

prisoner of waffles posted:

General tip: get a source of flying and you can explore further into the map earlier. This will help you get to Ezra and the Yd Freehold earlier in your character’s development.

You don't even really need flying for this; filling out all the wayfaring skills make it super unlikely to get lost on the map by themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gathering tinkering A bits is probably my least favourite part of the game, but I'm too disorganised to bother setting up a proper "treat item as scrap" style routine to get A bits. Honestly if we could recharge cells with more powerful bits it would cut out most of my problem