Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Nice!

:snoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Unormal posted:

*You can now save, share, and import character builds!
-When you create a new character, you can name and save the build to your build library. You can also copy the build code to your clipboard or tweet it.
-From the character build library, you can pick a saved build to play, rename a build, type in a build code, paste in a build code, or tweet about a build. The build library is accessible from the character creation screen.
*Turrets now have a 1-turn warmup sequence before they start firing
*Shank no longer raises the penetration cap of short blades by 1
*Torches now display a description of their condition rather than a precise count of remaining turns (What??? You thought you were some sort of optics savant?!)
*Added an overlay message log that spans the bottom of the screen. It's more readable than the sidebar message log. We'll be improving it, too.
*Added a new UI option "Show overlay message log" under User Interface. It's disabled by default.
*Improved the UI for storing things in containers
*Saved games on the save management screen are now sorted by age
*Improved the performance of the Golgotha level builder

verry nice.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

So now we have this build sharing code thing, anyone got any good ones to share?

I make bad decisions in CG, I think.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wolfechu posted:

So now we have this build sharing code thing, anyone got any good ones to share?

I make bad decisions in CG, I think.

dumb arconaut test build: BBJSKMKKBCBIBPB2DNCB

also

"There was a problem saving your build." doesn't tell me anything.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

dumb arconaut test build: BBJSKMKKBCBIBPB2DNCB

also

"There was a problem saving your build." doesn't tell me anything.

If you see that, could you send me a screenshot of the build that's causing it? Usually it's the build validator failing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Unormal posted:

If you see that, could you send me a screenshot of the build that's causing it? Usually it's the build validator failing.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

Posted a fix for the build code validator that was failing in this case.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
If anyone wants to take a stab at the l character build I play usually, it's ABOKOGGU
I must make up 90% of the playthroughs of Priest of All Suns :downs:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe
Canvas tent walls and fence tiles!

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Nice.
How easy do they burn btw?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

amuayse posted:

Nice.
How easy do they burn btw?

Asking for a friend.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Unormal posted:

*Turrets now have a 1-turn warmup sequence before they start firing

And now I cut off the, "Are you sure you wanna die?" feature.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Darn, my best run ended when I hit a snapjaw next to a dromad trader with an electric mace, and the discharge made him and unfortunately the adjacent saltbacks unfriendly.
I would really like it though if the dromad traders and other encampments became marked on the overworld like ruins or goat villages.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

amuayse posted:

If anyone wants to take a stab at the l character build I play usually, it's ABOKOGGU
I must make up 90% of the playthroughs of Priest of All Suns :downs:

Whats a priest of all suns? Im interested in your goku code, but i still have a char going atm

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
He's one of the True Men castes. While arguably one of the weaker castes, I like him for his ego bonus and the fact he starts off with snake oiler so he can buy some pretty good gear early on.Get rich or die trying.
I'm a sucker for merchant type characters in RPGs.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Where does the underground river from Red Rock come out relative to Joppa? I want to try to go in the back way but haven't survived through the entire loop yet.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Funktor posted:

Where does the underground river from Red Rock come out relative to Joppa? I want to try to go in the back way but haven't survived through the entire loop yet.

There's stairs into it from Joppa. It should be 9 screens south of Red Rock.

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
I don't think this game is possible without flaming hands.

I finally got a guy to lvl 15. Been running around the jungles killing goatmen. not sure where I should be going!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

killaer posted:

I don't think this game is possible without flaming hands.

I finally got a guy to lvl 15. Been running around the jungles killing goatmen. not sure where I should be going!

Freezing hands are vastly superior.

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.
Axe hands would be even better.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I want the mutation from 3rd edition Gamma World where you can shoot radiation blasts from your eyes added.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

MrWillsauce posted:

I want the mutation from 3rd edition Gamma World where you can shoot radiation blasts from your eyes added.

How would it differ from Light Manipulation, aside from flavor-wise?

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I'm not a game designer, I just want hideous mutant beasts to shoot radiation from their eyes.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Are there any good places to find honey? The recipe to cure Glotrot requires some and I'm not going to step inside Golgotha until I have a dose ready to go.

On that note, what's the best way to ignite a canteen when it comes time to chug the Glotrot cure?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Magitek posted:

Are there any good places to find honey? The recipe to cure Glotrot requires some and I'm not going to step inside Golgotha until I have a dose ready to go.

On that note, what's the best way to ignite a canteen when it comes time to chug the Glotrot cure?

Shops carry it occasionally, as do bears.

Thermal grenade.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

Barathrumite parties out in the wild usually have some honey laying around, and don't mind you taking it. Otherwise, just keep checking shops and exploring the world until you get lucky. To ignite it, just use a grenade or something. If you want to get creative, you could go out into the salt plains and goad a dawnglider into breathing fire on it, or find some fire ants. You might be able to heat the canteen up by dropping it and whacking it with a torch, but I have a feeling the blunt damage will outpace the temperature change, and you'll just break it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

That's the reason why I didn't say flamethrower or flaming hands, since those do direct damage in addition to heat.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Mutations are for squares

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
The recipe to cure glotrot in my game calls for one part salt. Does that just mean 1 dram of saltwater or do I need to find salt somewhere?

Also, is there any way to not get glotrot in the first place? Does honey/yuckwheat actually stop it if you eat some after leaving?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

God of Evil Cows posted:

The recipe to cure glotrot in my game calls for one part salt. Does that just mean 1 dram of saltwater or do I need to find salt somewhere?

Also, is there any way to not get glotrot in the first place? Does honey/yuckwheat actually stop it if you eat some after leaving?

dump one dram of one of the liquids on the ground and a dram of salt will leech into it shortly.

The best way to prevent glotrot is to grab a flamethrower and torch everything down there. The nasty fluids are flammable.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

amuayse posted:

Mutations are for squares

:crossarms:

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
Where exactly is the apple farmer, or is his location randomly generated? I've been wandering around near Joppa trying to find him for a while to get some cider without any luck.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Pretty sure it's a random site that you'll stumble across sooner or later.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Anticheese posted:

Pretty sure it's a random site that you'll stumble across sooner or later.

And there can be multiples!

Sorry for not updating the OP; actually playing Qud turns out to be more enticing than writing about it.

Also, Leering Stalkers are nuts, but I'm sure glad I'm a tinker character just for EMP grenades.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

There are nutsier things in the deathlands than leering stalkers.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Will flamethrower get nerfed?

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Fun Shoe

amuayse posted:

Will flamethrower get nerfed?

Yes, yes it will. The current implementation is literally something I did in like 30 seconds to seem flamethrowery as a mockup for later development. 38 years later... It should eventually be really good for stuff like clearing Golgotha, but less good as a 999999 penetration ubershotgun with unlimited ammo forever.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Unormal i love this game, i'm getting better and faster and it's a ton of fun to try out different combinations. That said i was a bit miffed that i couldn't take both freezing and flaming hands with the four arms mutation. Still cool to make a Goro character tho hehe.

Is Golgotha the place with the crab singularity? Cus there sure were a ton of crabs there... (then i died to robots)

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Cool. I wouldn't mind if the old flamethrower existed still but be a lot harder to get and use CFl3 rocket fuel instead of just oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Make the Phase Cannon the new vibro-shotgun.