Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

So now we have this build sharing code thing, anyone got any good ones to share?

I make bad decisions in CG, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Roguelikes don't work without permadeath.

I use wishes / wizard mode extensively for testing mechanics and encourage you to do the same, though. Just don't actually play that way.

I agree with this, but what does tend to work, and it sounds like we're eventually getting in CoQ, is 'permadeath but able to unlock poo poo for future games'. If I remember rightly, alternate starting places for one are things we're going to be able to unlock in the future, and I like the sound of that.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Grit Gate, possibly stopping by the Ruined Archway on the way. (The latter has no plot significance that I know of, but it's full of enemies that can be butchered for meat and if you make it to the bottom there's a chest with guaranteed mid-tier artifacts.)

Is that chest guaranteed like six turrets near it, because that's what I found the other day.

(I don't usually get this far slowly getting better)

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

So does random character still just give mutated humans, or...?

(personally, I'd like the choice of random mutant, random true kin, or totally random at chargen.)

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Glimpse posted:

True Kin with random cybers come up in the rotation. Pretty sure True Kin always did, just less frequently than mutants.

Good to know (at work right now, so couldn't check). I just like throwing random people into the meat grinder that is Qud.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Post poste posted:

Are phase shift grenades NEW or did I just never see them before? They're hilarious.

I assume this are like the time bombs in the old 2000ad Strontium Dog strip, and the blast radius just throws everything back in time or into another dimension or something. Please don't disappoint me.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Poor ol' Freckles, read someone's thought about bees and died.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Alright, this might be a stupid question...

I like having the minimap in the corner, but is there a key or option or something to move it or turn it off if you're actually in that corner doing anything?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Is there a minimap with the new UI? I mean the new, new one that's still experimental? If so, how do I turn it on/off? I've got the 'show minimap' ticked in options, but I think that's for the old new UI.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Finally 'clicked' with this game after many years, even got past golgotha the other day - not even sure I've been in there more than once before.

Anyway, where are you folks stashing your excess loot? There a preferred place for that? Current game I put a bunch of extras into a chest in a random uninhabited house at the SDS.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Solution is simple; talk to Tarn Adams. You smash your game into his engine, he gets a really, really weird adventure mode pre-built, and we all get to play Dwarf Fortresses of Qud

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

I bet Kitfox could hook you up with someone who can coproduce a Qud Dating Sim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Oh no, someone told the people of Joppa about windows. How am I supposed to rob them now?

(New UI is absolutely fantastic-looking, btw)