Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Where does the underground river from Red Rock come out relative to Joppa? I want to try to go in the back way but haven't survived through the entire loop yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktor
May 17, 2009

So I haven't played in a couple months, and was never great to begin with. What are some good basic builds, skill strategies, etc? Or sources for the same?

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Can somebody talk a bit about how to stat out new characters? What are good amounts / bad amounts of numbers to put into various stats? What is balanced? Unbalanced?

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Dumb noob question time: what are the best options for dealing with food after your initial supply of watervines (that you buy from Mehmet) runs out?

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Is there something that makes some characters just burn through food at a crazy rate? I've gone through 200 vinewafers and I've only done about 4 floors of dungeoneering and very little overland travel (basically Rustwells and back to Joppa)

Funktor
May 17, 2009

So... turns out madpoles are super-dangerous. Just got my L15 stabby agitank's rear end handed to him in two rounds. Round 1, feet dismembered. Round 2, dead.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

My go to is a combo of a beguiling dominating mutant with 4 arms. Basically you get the agility needed for dual wielding and the short blade skill that means your off hand hits more often. Eventually you'll have a char that can get multiple strikes off their off hand. The multi arms means that your flury is a big old dose of stabbing pointy ur steely knives that turns enemies into bleeding pincushions.

I think it works well with beguile, because you can let some big tough legendary do your tanking and then just slip in and stab people surgically. If someone is too tough you dominate them and make them drop their weapons and stand there for your buddy to murder.

If your buddy ends up being really good and getting amazing stats and mutations then you dominate them and have them stab you to death. We are one. We are the continuity of stabbing. :ese:

I'd love to see a build code for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Unormal posted:

• The Yd Freehold now has a signature dish: Tongue and Cheek.

Achievement unlocked: Chagrinned Bemusement.