Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Is there any way to make Dawn Machines target a smaller area? I'm just using mine to clean nodes up, but it takes an eternity because each node is such a small target area for the Dawn Machine to pick.

Even loading the thing up with Cognitio doesn't help, it munches like a jar's worth of Cognitio in 30 seconds without cleaning the node. I generally have to load my Dawn Machine with 16 Auram and let it sit on top of a node for at least 15 minutes before it cleans the damned thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
So what the gently caress is up with the Technic launcher? It just tells me that the file Blightfall-2.1.2.zip doesn't exist, and I have no idea how to get it, because any links to the Technic forum on the issue apparently don't exist.

E: So none of the featured mods actually work, and there's no information on this issue anywhere. What the gently caress?

Cryohazard fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 31, 2015

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
That sounds more like you aren't connecting to their servers for some reason rather than any infrastructure on their side being down.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
No, that's not it. I can visit the website, browse the list of official mods, but if I click, say, Hexxit I get nothing.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I clicked that link and it loaded normally :shrug:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Sounds like a firewall or something on your end messing with it.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i'm hung up on botania because it's not a janky piece of poo poo, unlike a fair amount of thaumcraft

Yeah I'm already getting thaumcraft fatigue because it's such a pain in the rear end with all the different essentia types. Seems like you'd need a million different farms and golems to automate it all. I should probably get AE2 going and look into using digital storage instead of jars (I'm assuming it's possible).

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Mzbundifund posted:

Sure thing!

The excavator focus I was talking about is a focus for your wand. If you research the fire wand focus on the thaumaturgy tab of your thaumonomicon, it opens up a bunch of cool attachments you can swap on and off your wand at will. The Excavation Focus fires a green laser that works like a super-pickaxe with infinite mining level that runs off Terra vis from your wand instead of tool durability. It's incredible, but getting the vis for it would probably be an impossible pain unless you have an energized node already feeding you infinite CV. You can upgrade wand foci by making an upgrade table, also on the Thaumaturgy tab. It's a branch off the node energizer research.

If you haven't yet, you absolutely owe it to yourself to energize a node and get yourself infinite wand vis. It opens up so much power and so many options you wouldn't believe it. What sort of wand(s) do you have?

If you don't have slime for one-use safari nets, you can request a ghast tear and four ender pearls to make a reusable safari net. You'd need to make multiple trips since it can only carry one animal at a time, but it doesn't get used up so you only ever need the one.

There's a thaumcraft alchemy reaction that uses aqua and victus to clone slimeballs, so once you get your first slimeball you can get infinite of them. The easiest but possibly most frustrating way to get your first slimeball would be to request mob bags until you get lucky and pull a slime one. I also happen to know there's a slimeball in one of the crates on the north airship dock of the flying city on the east edge of the map. You'll need a form of flying or a truly titanic nerdpole to get up to it, and it's full of tough enemies and a boss, but if you just explore the dock it's not too bad. There's a warp point on the north edge of the dock as well, so once you get there once you can warp back as much as you want.

There's also a complete airship you can steal

e: fast moving thread!

I'm running a gold-capped greatwood wand on Magres' excellent advice. I know I need to stick a node in a jar and bring it to my eventual final home base, but A) I haven't found anything that knocks my socks off yet; and B) I need to set up a scepter/staff to get my vis limits up.

I'm at +240 rep right now and I'm not even close to terraforming, so it sounds like dropping some rep on animals and trees is the way to go, though obviously it's always a crapshoot (I've requested nearly 100 seeds so far and have not seen tomatoes, onions, carrots, or potatoes, though I wouldn't be surprised if the latter two are not available through seed requests).

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

VegasShirtGuy posted:

Yeah I'm already getting thaumcraft fatigue because it's such a pain in the rear end with all the different essentia types. Seems like you'd need a million different farms and golems to automate it all. I should probably get AE2 going and look into using digital storage instead of jars (I'm assuming it's possible).

It is, but Thaumcraft is still a pain in the rear end even with it. I wish you could just make totems of dawn with botania.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Eschers Basement posted:

(I've requested nearly 100 seeds so far and have not seen tomatoes, onions, carrots, or potatoes, though I wouldn't be surprised if the latter two are not available through seed requests).

Some foods aren't available via seed request. I don't think onions are enabled at all, but I'm too at work to check if they are in NEI.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Carrots and potatoes you can get from villages near dome beta, and I want to say there's a little farm set up in the northern end of the silverwood forest area that has tomatoes on it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Eschers Basement posted:

I'm at +240 rep right now and I'm not even close to terraforming, so it sounds like dropping some rep on animals and trees is the way to go, though obviously it's always a crapshoot (I've requested nearly 100 seeds so far and have not seen tomatoes, onions, carrots, or potatoes, though I wouldn't be surprised if the latter two are not available through seed requests).

You are correct, the carrots and potatoes are happily planted in the blight somewhere. Or being held by zombies that refuse to spawn in unnatural magical environments! :v:

Don't burn rep on animals though. Once you've unblighted a section that you frequent, you'll return to a herd of passives that you can slaughter repeatedly.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In the quest for the Totem of Dawn it implies that you might be able to find one somewhere. Anyone know where its hidden?

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp
Notch is very sad that he is rich and does not want to smoke weed with Snoop Dogg it is pretty hosed up

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

VegasShirtGuy posted:

Actually you only need one alchemy golem (and golem bell) and a alembic on top of an alchemical furnace, make about 40 obsidian jars and just throw whatever the gently caress you have that you don't really need into the furnace. Let the golem take care of what goes in which jars or label them as you see fit.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Reason posted:

In the quest for the Totem of Dawn it implies that you might be able to find one somewhere. Anyone know where its hidden?

If it's anywhere it's probably the silverwood forest. Or a really out of the way area where you never load the chunk, making it invisible on the map.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I don't think it exists in the island proper. I've done a number of bound-abouts and checked out the non-blighting areas and they tended to be pure nodes or botania daisies. Nothing on the massive scale as the totem of dawn.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
There's one in a chest

~somewhere~

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Desetr Eagle posted:

Notch is very sad that he is rich and does not want to smoke weed with Snoop Dogg it is pretty hosed up

Snoop could probably be a good role model for notch if notch would just accept him in his lyfe.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Reason posted:

There used to be one at the top of the redwood tree, but they removed it.

30.5 Days posted:

There's one in a chest

~somewhere~

Somewhere~ over the rainbow! Where skies are purple!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Sage Grimm posted:

I don't think it exists in the island proper. I've done a number of bound-abouts and checked out the non-blighting areas and they tended to be pure nodes or botania daisies. Nothing on the massive scale as the totem of dawn.

:stare: I err, I found a secret with 65 blooms and four dawn totems.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Demiurge4 posted:

:stare: I err, I found a secret with 65 blooms and four dawn totems.

what where

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Alright serious spoiler here.

There's an end portal underground near to the Taiga

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Demiurge4 posted:

Alright serious spoiler here.

There's an end portal underground near to the Taiga

Can you put coordinates?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

I actually know what he's talking about, it's underground northeastish of the waypoint that's in the snowy spruce forest (not the tundra cave or the tundra biodome) and extends under the bay a bit. I found it on my first playthrough of blightfall but didn't really put much work into getting the portal up and running.

Question though: Is the ender dragon there?

President Ark fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 31, 2015

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

President Ark posted:

I actually know what he's talking about, it's underground northeastish of the waypoint that's in the snowy spruce forest (not the tundra cave or the tundra biodome) and extends under the bay a bit. I found it on my first playthrough of blightfall but didn't really put much work into getting the portal up and running.

Question though: Is the ender dragon there?

Nope! But bring a Translation device and some cake.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Coords? I still can't find it. I'm scouring the bay cliffs and not seeing anything.

E: Nm found it. Oh boy, blighted caving time

E2: Woo found the end of this godforsaken place. If you want coords, go to 650, 291 and dig straight down. Fair warning, there's a spawner there you'll have to break/contain, but it's nothing terribly threatening. The reward is pretty cool! Don't forget to steal all of those Ordo clusters he's got sitting around. Also apparently the person there is an optional boss with good loot. I kind of want to go make a bottle of liquid taint and throw it in his face

Magres fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Sep 1, 2015

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Magres posted:

Coords? I still can't find it. I'm scouring the bay cliffs and not seeing anything.

E: Nm found it. Oh boy, blighted caving time

E2: Woo found the end of this godforsaken place. If you want coords, go to 650, 291 and dig straight down. Fair warning, there's a spawner there you'll have to break/contain, but it's nothing terribly threatening. The reward is pretty cool! Don't forget to steal all of those Ordo clusters he's got sitting around. Also apparently the person there is an optional boss with good loot. I kind of want to go make a bottle of liquid taint and throw it in his face

If the optional boss is the guy inside the portal I tried hitting him and nothing happens.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh, dang. I saw either 30.5 or Talonos talking about him at some point and mentioned he had good loot, I think?

Not sure :shrug:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Naw don't hurt him he bugs out and then you can't talk to him lol.

The good loot is all the rad stuff in there.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Regarding the thaumcraft cheat, If you haven't memorized the tech tree, is there an easy way to see what research scrolls you can currently eat besides manual cross reference or just trying to eat all of them sequentially?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Ambaire posted:

Regarding the thaumcraft cheat, If you haven't memorized the tech tree, is there an easy way to see what research scrolls you can currently eat besides manual cross reference or just trying to eat all of them sequentially?

Break out a thauminomicon and check out the things you could make a research scroll for

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

If only I realized this sooner I wouldn't have wasted so much time digging for gold.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

looks like SOMEBODY needs the inventory reclaimer 4000 right about now :v:

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
I needed that gold for my AE and thaumcraft stuff. The only other thing holding me back is the lack of a diamond pickaxe and shovel for my thaumcraft quarry.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

If only I realized this sooner I wouldn't have wasted so much time digging for gold.

What am I looking at here? :confused:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Those decorative gold bricks he's looted from the flying city can be smelted down into gold ingots.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Oh.

Ooooooohhh. :aaaaa:

God I love this modpack. Every time I think I have a handle on all its stupid tricks, new ones turn up.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oh man as soon as I finish the Savannah (so close!) I'm gonna go cheese the flying city (totems on the ocean floor clean everything above them :v:) and steal all their gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I went to that portal area mentioned above and am stuck on a black empty screen, what can I do about that? Playing online, not the server owner.

edit: server owner OP'd me, we tried teleporting me out (can't, it's cross dimensions) and /kill-ing self, respawned in the black void again.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Sep 1, 2015

• Locked thread