Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wonder if drone operators get kill streak bonuses like in call of duty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i want to be a drone pilot and kill maybe terrorists

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

it looks fun

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Parallax Scroll posted:

i want to be a drone pilot and kill maybe terrorists

Killing civilians with a drone looks fun too

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

game of drones has anyone made that joke yet?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Zzulu posted:

we may or may not have killed several terrorists and/or civilians and/or adorable orphans. Either way they're super dead sir

I'm on such a good killstreak right now lol

the finest trs-80s money can buy

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mymTX-psg5c
rubber dingy rapids

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
there are evil peeps in the world, and they need to get dusted

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
remember when you used to die in battle holding a sword with a leaf shaped blade, likely made of bronze and if you fought bravely they set you on fire in a wooden boat and poo poo and sung and drank in your memory

now a robot kills you and there's not enough ash left to fill an urn and people go what was his name? it was loving long i remember but not the name, anyway TERRORIST HE DESERVED IT and you dont feel bad for his six kids or anything and oswald only had a 9th grade education

is all im saying man

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

extra stout posted:

remember when you used to die in battle holding a sword with a leaf shaped blade, likely made of bronze and if you fought bravely they set you on fire in a wooden boat and poo poo and sung and drank in your memory

now a robot kills you and there's not enough ash left to fill an urn and people go what was his name? it was loving long i remember but not the name, anyway TERRORIST HE DESERVED IT and you dont feel bad for his six kids or anything and oswald only had a 9th grade education

is all im saying man

yeah but they didnt sing about you, they sang about some quasi-real historical dude from 200 years ago and the stories were mostly just made up

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah but they didnt sing about you, they sang about some quasi-real historical dude from 200 years ago and the stories were mostly just made up

that still sounds real nice compared to being melted illegally by a dude who sometimes uses a joystick and other times uses a modded xbox 360 controller w/ the usb plugin into his windows pc depending on if his thumb is feeling sharpshooter tier that day

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
yeah i would totes choose having a sword shoved through me over the hellfire missile traveling at the speed of sound that i didnt even notice

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

extra stout posted:

You're kind of conflating the two sides of a conflict here. Your own side might commemorate your death in some fashion, though far more likely if you're of noble birth than if you're some peasant nobody that got handed a spear. But the people you were fighting didn't feel bad for you even then, and your body probably just rotted on the battlefield. If you were lucky you happened to fight in some other peasant's field, and they'd at least burn your body or shove you in a mass grave after looting anything of value so that they don't have to deal with your corpse when they're trying to sow the next season's crop.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah i would totes choose having a sword shoved through me over the hellfire missile traveling at the speed of sound that i didnt even notice

i think you're greatly under appreciating your final experience of any form, ever

in the pain you reflect on your decisions, your dignity remains. with no regrets your final words are just quoting daniel day lewis dying in 'gangs of new york'

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

extra stout posted:

i think you're greatly under appreciating your final experience of any form, ever

in the pain you reflect on your decisions, your dignity remains. with no regrets your final words are just quoting daniel day lewis dying in 'gangs of new york'

no actually its mostly praying to whatever god you didnt believe in a few seconds before in the vain hopes that this isnt the end as your panicked brain shuts down

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Robo Reagan posted:

no actually its mostly praying to whatever god you didnt believe in a few seconds before in the vain hopes that this isnt the end as your panicked brain shuts down

just like yuri gagarin is rumored to have said upon being the first man in space i would not see any god up there, also i keep a few mg of xanax in that little mini pocket in the right pocket just incase i am dying and need to quote daniel day lewis without losing my cool or going into shock too early

and strudel man it is very obvious that you have no experience in dying in combat or being dead, though i still wish you all the best and thank you for your post

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

extra stout posted:

and strudel man it is very obvious that you have no experience in dying in combat or being dead, though i still wish you all the best and thank you for your post
You're very welcome.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
lol the legality of war

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
dying in war owns, but getting killed by a robot, or air force officer who isn't piloting a fighter jet, would be fail aids

ps, if you are an air force officer and you kill me while piloting a fighter jet, please deliver an appropriate top gun reference upon doing so

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
unless you strafe me while I'm parachuting, in which case you're a human being, that's worse than getting killed by a robot

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I have to hand it to ISIS they have creative execution styles. That water cage thing was hilarious.

E:

They should have made the men of all differing heights though. So like the little guy drowns first then the medium guy then the tall guy. That way they all know what awaits them shortly to follow.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure they all knew what drowning was already

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

I'm pretty sure they all knew what drowning was already

You shut up, that's Haram. I'll show you what drowning truly is!

Alternatively the pool could have been filled with something other than water. Like semen, just all the ISIS guys get together and jerk off over the course of a few weeks and months. One big jackoff for ALlah jizz fest. Be funny to watch all those sinners drown in spunk.

Then again I think masturbation may be haram. So they'd have to gently caress a donkey and pull out and shoot into the pool.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
pretty sure rape and alcohol are both haram but in my experience ISIS really loving love them both

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Uncle Wemus posted:

how soon until drones start killing americans

When Trump becomes president Mexico will refuse to pay for his wall. He'll then resort to having armed drones doing patrols at the border killing people trying to sneak in. U.S. citizens will be collateral damage heralded as heroes because if you want to make an omelet you have to break some eggs.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Zippy the Bummer posted:

piloted by some dude in a mobile command unit in between j/o sessions is a delight to me, a warm glowing orb of loveliness and hope that i shall always hold close to my heart......a delight to my soul

Same. I unironically look forward to the day when we have drone soldiers like in the new Robocop movie and just unleash a bunch of those on the middle east and forget about them.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

the Dunedain, Aragorn, son of Arathorn posted:

is all im saying man
/

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!