Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wampa Stompa
Aug 15, 2008

I literally have no idea what I just saw in there!
Grimey Drawer

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Is it even possible to live life as a somewhat healthy programmer who smokes some weed and enjoys life?? I dont even know how to talk to normal middle class people, who only seems to talk about their vacations and non offensive topics like elks or whatever instead of talking about the laundry list of drugs they took last week and complaining about their jobs and society. I'm jumping on the computer science bandwagon and am feeling pretty good about that. Maybe I work towards my grades and then take up blazeing in a while? Life is not that short, really. I'm having a hard time blowing off steam around these 'normals', feeling pent up and aggressive. No tasteful furniture is going to satisfy my need for decadence.

Jesus Christ, just smoke less weed. Treat getting high like a vacation that you have to prepare for by getting all your work and chores and poo poo done. I assure you, it's entirely possible to ace your classes while still imbibing so long as you don't spend entire days in a drugged stupor like an idiot (hint: college is pretty loving easy and if you can't be responsible enough to get your work done, the problem is with you, not the drugs).

Most people are boring, especially in affluent areas, so it's stupid to artificially deprive yourself of your fun-time/oh-god-I-need-to-forget-the-existential-horror-of-my-pointless-loving-life drugs. Instead of hanging around bougie assholes during your down time, go out and volunteer at a soup kitchen or help poor people fill out their taxes or something. It's bound to be more fulfilling than schmoozing with your rear end in a top hat acquaintances. And then go get high (after you've done your studying, you ne'er-do-well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my life revolves around smoking this plant. Everything else puts me on edge and bothers me

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Op I quit smoking weed to clean out my piss and get a better job so I can pay my mortgage and still have some money left over to blow at Lowes.

The day after I stopped smoking my closet filled up with Polo shirts and now I'm a republican.

January
Jul 5, 2009
The OP's story is like the reverse of an after-school special. Don't stop doing drugs or you'll become an angry person with a boring life and pretentious friends who can only talk about elk, vacations, and microbrews!

In reality, it isn't an all-or-nothing thing. Just like some people can drink on the weekends, but some people become alcoholics drinking all day, there are some people who can handle occasional drug use. Whether you will let it take over your life and steal the gains you've made depends a lot on you as an individual as well as the types of drugs involved.

Also, it sounds like your new friends aren't middle class but upper middle class / upper class. The middle class people I know are pretty down-to-earth and can't afford that many vacations to Europe.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Wampa Stompa posted:

Jesus Christ, just smoke less weed. Treat getting high like a vacation that you have to prepare for by getting all your work and chores and poo poo done. I assure you, it's entirely possible to ace your classes while still imbibing so long as you don't spend entire days in a drugged stupor like an idiot (hint: college is pretty loving easy and if you can't be responsible enough to get your work done, the problem is with you, not the drugs).

Most people are boring, especially in affluent areas, so it's stupid to artificially deprive yourself of your fun-time/oh-god-I-need-to-forget-the-existential-horror-of-my-pointless-loving-life drugs. Instead of hanging around bougie assholes during your down time, go out and volunteer at a soup kitchen or help poor people fill out their taxes or something. It's bound to be more fulfilling than schmoozing with your rear end in a top hat acquaintances. And then go get high (after you've done your studying, you ne'er-do-well)

You know what, im gonna do just that, volunteer or something. Ive been in the social work business for a while, might as well do some of it without pay, since i dont even have a main cash costing hobby (weed) anymore, i dont even need all the money in the world atm.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

January posted:

The OP's story is like the reverse of an after-school special. Don't stop doing drugs or you'll become an angry person with a boring life and pretentious friends who can only talk about elk, vacations, and microbrews!

In reality, it isn't an all-or-nothing thing. Just like some people can drink on the weekends, but some people become alcoholics drinking all day, there are some people who can handle occasional drug use. Whether you will let it take over your life and steal the gains you've made depends a lot on you as an individual as well as the types of drugs involved.

Also, it sounds like your new friends aren't middle class but upper middle class / upper class. The middle class people I know are pretty down-to-earth and can't afford that many vacations to Europe.

Im from europe.

But yes they (we) are pretty upper in the spectrum I guess, which makes it even worse some how.

Volunteering is a really really good idea.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

your new life sounds a lot better, mate

Wampa Stompa
Aug 15, 2008

I literally have no idea what I just saw in there!
Grimey Drawer

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

You know what, im gonna do just that, volunteer or something. Ive been in the social work business for a while, might as well do some of it without pay, since i dont even have a main cash costing hobby (weed) anymore, i dont even need all the money in the world atm.

Good on you. You'll probably even meet some people who don't suck nearly as much as your current crop of "friends."

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Instagramming salads and eatin exciting new scandi-asian foods at brick/lightfixture/wood natural restaurants. I want to do programming and study maths but gf says I should care more about where in the kitchen to hang up our new black chalkboard. I drink beers for taste and sit around people who actually cares about different kinds of beer who also talks about their friend who started a micro brewery. literally three months ago I was programming at night, partying hard in the weekends and smoking weed like there was no tomorrow.

kids don't stop doing drugs.

dont worry op if your lifelong dream was to work in IT you weren't going to amount to much anyway

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Robo Reagan posted:

dont worry op if your lifelong dream was to work in IT you weren't going to amount to much anyway

I never wanted to amount to anything, so it works out pretty good.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

if you can't go through life without the sweet release of drugs maybe your life is what loving sucks and not being sober

get a hobby or something gat dang

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

I never wanted to amount to anything, so it works out pretty good.

welcome to the forums

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I took a marlboro NXT and filled it full of weed last night and popped the menthol and I got higher than ive ever gotten in like a year or more. im not sure wtf happened but ill try it again tonight and report back, hth

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Instagramming salads and eatin exciting new scandi-asian foods at brick/lightfixture/wood natural restaurants. I want to do programming and study maths but gf says I should care more about where in the kitchen to hang up our new black chalkboard. I drink beers for taste and sit around people who actually cares about different kinds of beer who also talks about their friend who started a micro brewery. literally three months ago I was programming at night, partying hard in the weekends and smoking weed like there was no tomorrow.

okay trade lives with me please, that sounds pre swell.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

I took a marlboro NXT and filled it full of weed last night and popped the menthol and I got higher than ive ever gotten in like a year or more. im not sure wtf happened but ill try it again tonight and report back, hth

Great! Eagerly awaiting a follow up!

Rakosi posted:

okay trade lives with me please, that sounds pre swell.

Start buiding towards a long term goal and stay on course as good as you can, i guess??

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
have you tried this thing called MLP, op

its a game changer

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

have you tried this thing called MLP, op

its a game changer

Sorry, tried it and liked how it brought some representations of personalities other than Bratz to young girls, but it didnt give me that chill rear end dank high, you know?

Adventure time is clearly alot more bang for the buck

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i chose the dank pill

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
you could use your newfound money to take up an expensive art like sculpting or something OP

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Somewhat healthy programmer who smokes weed and enjoys life checking in, sorry you're so lame OP :smug:

(I also drink beer for taste)

naem
May 29, 2011

Who doesn't like elk???

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Find a crooked doctor who will tell your gf you have cancer. Be like all surprised and "oh no!" (u may have to rehearse this)
Then say to your doc "what options do I have doc?"
And your doc replies (he also rehearsed this) "well there have been massive breakthroughs in cancer treatment using ... I hope you're ok with this ... no stop crying .... marijuana"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

check yourself into a better living facility and have another patient poo poo liquid stool at you

blame his ethnicity for your problems

kill yourself

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lichy posted:

you could use your newfound money to take up an expensive art like sculpting or something OP

make plaster casts of ladies vaginas and sell them on etsy as necklaces

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
why did you even stop smoking weed op

did your gf make you

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

steal your girlfriends hair and trade it for peyote

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

why did you even stop smoking weed op

did your gf make you

She didn't make me but she doesn't think smoking weed and being cool guy with chill day is impressive so she always makes sure to get some whining in when I smoke, so I stopped for a while.

Now I myself doing the dishes and actually cooking food instead of buying terrible fast food which sucks. Being responsible is like realizing you've wasted your life and youth on video games and weed instead of just chilling out, smokig weed and playing video games.

Curdy Lemonstan fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Aug 31, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
congrats on being pussy whipped

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
are you gonna end up marrying her because you're too scared of being alone to risk leaving her and finding happiness and then realise you wasted your short time on this earth on your deathbed?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

you can suck my balls OP

I'll let you smoke all the weed you want

do we have a deal

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

The Saurus posted:

are you gonna end up marrying her because you're too scared of being alone to risk leaving her and finding happiness and then realise you wasted your short time on this earth on your deathbed?

Lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

seriously OP I have no trouble whatsoever being a responsible adult all the time and then smoking weed with my fiancee a few times a month, this is eminently doable, sorry your GF is such a jerk I guess

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

She didn't make me but she doesn't think smoking weed and being cool guy with chill day is impressive so she always makes sure to get some whining in when I smoke, so I stopped for a while.

Now I myself doing the dishes and actually cooking food instead of buying terrible fast food which sucks. Being responsible is like realizing you've wasted your life and youth on video games and weed instead of just chilling out, smokig weed and playing video games.
Unless you have kids you don't need to be responsible for poo poo.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Once upon a time I asked an older, married friend of mine what the secret to having a successful long term relationship with a woman was.

He told me, find a girl that smokes weed. That way you know she won't be swayed by all the bullshit that most women come up with, because at the end of the day she will smoke a bowl and just BE with you, and that will be enough for her.

So yeah I think maybe you might be a little tiny bit pussy whipped.

also

loquacius posted:

seriously OP I have no trouble whatsoever being a responsible adult all the time and then smoking weed with my fiancee a few times a month, this is eminently doable, sorry your GF is such a jerk I guess

responsible people don't have a problem smoking weed sometimes because they don't let it get in the way of their lives.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Maybe she just wants you to be really miserable so that when she finally suggests that you commit suicide, you'll consider it as an option? I hear that's pretty popular these days.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i stopped smoking weed to get my life on track now i just drink every day and smoke cigarettes. Try taht instead

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Maybe she just wants you to be really miserable so that when she finally suggests that you commit suicide, you'll consider it as an option? I hear that's pretty popular these days.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

loquacius posted:

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Once upon a time I asked an older, married friend of mine what the secret to having a successful long term relationship with a woman was.

He told me, find a girl that smokes weed. That way you know she won't be swayed by all the bullshit that most women come up with, because at the end of the day she will smoke a bowl and just BE with you, and that will be enough for her.

So yeah I think maybe you might be a little tiny bit pussy whipped.

also

responsible people don't have a problem smoking weed sometimes because they don't let it get in the way of their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Isn't it weird how so many women will give you poo poo for smoking a bowl now and then, but see nothing wrong with going out with their friends a few times a week and just getting loving hammered? That always pissed me off since I have some friends that stay with these types of women and then sneak around behind their back to smoke some weed now and then. Its like drat, you gonna marry this bitch but you're sneaking around just to smoke a bowl?

Gave a DD ride about a year ago to a friend's fiance and her sister, and they somehow got on the subject of how hilarious it was that he used to smoke weed. Two drunk women, in the back of my car, making fun their soon to be husband/brother in law because he used to smoke weed. Talking about how much more mature he is now that he doesnt, when he's been supporting his girl financially for like 6 years and they are only 24. I really wanted to make those bitches get out and walk their drunk rear end home.

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 31, 2015

• Locked thread