Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
kakarott

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Kakarotto

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I found my answers thank you thread.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Seriously is there super saiyan 6? I know my ex's little brother thought that goku made it to super saiyan 5 where he has like grey hair and red eyes? Or something I thing I saw a picture once. I remember when I first heard Goku made it to super saiyan 3. I was asleep in bed with my girlfriend and her little brother yelled through the door "Funky Goku just did super saiyan 3! WAKE UP!" and I said "Huh? What?" "WHAT?!"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
he got to super saiyan 3 in the original series but it wasnt very effective. Then in the garbage followup series he made it to supersaiyan 4 which was like a red furry form or something I dunno I didnt watch it everyone said it was bad

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
what happens to a living person if they are in a capsule vehicle when it shrinks back? do they shrink or get smushed up?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh that was GT? I remember the other thing he really loved was this mp3 of a rob zombie song with this red haired goku and what I think was a fat version of goku and vegeta mixed together. Oh and goku kicked the poo poo out of Buu in it. He stabbed him with a laser sword.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
also on namek why did goku leave his spaceship out like a dork instead of keeping it in his pocket

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think the running theme of Dragon Ball was that Goku was strong as hell but also as dumb as a person can be before they need to be supervised in public. Which Goku sometimes did.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

caleramaen posted:

Why do the characters stop attacking after they have done the slightest damage to an enemy to gloat about how they won instead of continuing to attack until the enemy is a bloody mess of gore and clearly dead?

everybody is just that cocky

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

what could GT have done/not done to be considered worse?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Goku?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Calico Heart posted:

what could GT have done/not done to be considered worse?

It could have mattered. I just googled to find out for real about Super Saiyan 6 and well it's not real. It's all fan stuff. So Goku and Vegeta both go Super Saiyan 4 in GT. Then they fuse briefly and become super Saiyan 4 Gojita. Which they use to beat up Super Shenron but ultimately fail to defeat him because the fusion uses up too much power and shortens the usual duration. They are unable to refuse in time to defeat Super Shenron. I think it was Shenron. I may not have read the Wikipedia page as in depth as I should have. So that's the limit in GT. BUT! They just made two movies in the past few years where Goku goes to Super Saiyan God and then Super Saiyan Super Saiyan God level. Which I think it's reasonable to call both Super Saiyan 5 and 6 unless the events of GT are to be considered as a fan-fiction and not canonical in which case it represents both Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan 5 respectively.

This is what I think that SS5 or 6 should look like.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Excelzior posted:

did Piccolo have a penis? if so and you ripped it off, would it grow back?

He and Kami are the only Namekians to have penises, and they grow back only if Toriyama/the writing staff remember that Namekians have regenerative capabilities.

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
Kakarot.... a Super Saiyan?! But how!?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
Part 2: Analysis

Perhaps the simplest reason for living through the constructed identity would simply be that other people tell us to do so-and this is the first reason that Anno presents in both series. Such a theme is easily identified in Kare Kano simply by considering the family of the main character, Arima Soichiro, a character whom Anno emphasizes significantly more than the original manga artist. Arima's parents had stolen from the family fortune and ran away during Arima's childhood; because of that most of Arima's extended family is unwilling to accept him as anything more than "a guest in the Arima family."[2] In order to repay the one uncle and aunt who remained to raise him, Arima feels obligated to be the perfect student, so that he may maintain the honor of his new parents.[3] In this way Arima is living not his own life, but a life constructed-constructed by the extended family which cannot accept his potential true nature, constructed implicitly by his foster parents who want to see their risky investment become worthwhile. It is possible to argue that Arima is constructing this perfect student identity himself, that is, he chose himself to take on such a persona. But even if this were true, the fact of the matter is that such a persona is constructed rather than inherently real. Even though Arima may have created such an identity on his own, such an identity is not his real one but rather one made up from human observations and interpretations.

More complex psychological theory will become necessary in analyzing our other series, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and in particular its focal character, Ikari Shinji. Right from the start of the series it is evident as to who is the oppressive master, as to who is controlling-creating-Shinji's identity: it is his father, Ikari Gendo, who forces his son to take on the identity of the Eva pilot.[4] Shinji's reaction to his father, though, is quite paradoxical: although it is evident from just the first episode that Shinji abhors and does not respect his father,[5] one wonders why, in the twelfth episode, Shinji actually says that he "pilot[s] Eva just to hear my father say those words [of praise]"-he apparently wants his father's approval.[6] How can we explain Shinji's desire for praise from a man he so clearly hates?

A Freudian analysis of Shinji, especially in the context of the Oedipal complex, provides a partial answer, both to this paradoxical relationship with father and to the overriding question of why he chooses the constructed image of self. It is not an unreasonable analysis to make, since there is clear evidence that Anno was heavily influenced by Freud-one episode of Evangelion is entitled "The Oral Stage,"[7] making a clear reference to the earliest stage of child development in Freudian theory. The area on which Evangelion focuses, however, is not the first but rather the third stage, in which all three of the Eva pilots find themselves, and the problems that come with it, particularly the Oedipal complex. In the Oedipal complex the son fears the father, since the father holds the power of castration, preventing the son of fulfilling his mother's desire.[8] This power held by the father could provide an explanation as to why Shinji hates his father. However, as A.Y.L. points out, because of the castration fear the son wants to please his father in some way, even regardless of this hatred. This not only provides an explanation as to why Shinji desires approval from his father, but more importantly links back to the original message of constructed identity: because the son wants the father's approval, the father has the power to decide what he wants the son to be like-the father has power to create the son's identity. In Shinji's case, this power is manifested in his becoming an Eva pilot at his father's request-Shinji's father has become the creator of Shinji's purpose in life, and thus he has become the creator of Shinji's identity.

Next Page

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Is Chi Chi raping Goku cause it seems like he has a developmental disorder and I don't think he can truly consent

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
He has brain damage (most likely frontal lobe aphasia). It's probably still rape, though.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
How Dr. Brief get a hot babe as his wife?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

How Dr. Brief get a hot babe as his wife?

Dude invented pokeballs for everyday items- he's got mad money

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Why does anybody throw a whole bunch of little ki beams around ever?

It has a track record of never working.

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
Whats the longest duration in full episodes that it takes Guku to charge up his longest 'boss finisher' blast? I'm guessing 3

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zzulu posted:

people liked the show because it was literally the best cartoon they had ever seen when they first saw it. FOr me personally it was the most action packed and violent show I had ever seen as a kid and that poo poo was awesome as hell to me back then. A cartoon about people beating the poo poo out of eachother and powering up until theyre like gods who then proceed to beat the poo poo out of each other. Punching mountains apart and blowing up planets? No other cartoon that I saw was as cool as that when I was a kid

good stuff

Same

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Super Saiyan 9 (Supa Saiyajin Nin) is the ninth Super Saiyan form after Super Saiyan 8. It is succeeded by the rare Super Saiyan 10.

As a Super Saiyan 9, your fur from Super Saiyan 8 turns completely black, with your tail. The front-most bangs of your hair turn black, the rest turns blood red, with your eyes. You are death, you are a Super Saiyan.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

Why does anybody throw a whole bunch of little ki beams around ever?

It has a track record of never working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7YE2Qd1YIk

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gokus weiner is really small in the original dragon ball. is his weiner still small in DBZ/GT or did it get bigger

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Oberleutnant posted:

Super Saiyan 9 (Supa Saiyajin Nin) is the ninth Super Saiyan form after Super Saiyan 8. It is succeeded by the rare Super Saiyan 10.

As a Super Saiyan 9, your fur from Super Saiyan 8 turns completely black, with your tail. The front-most bangs of your hair turn black, the rest turns blood red, with your eyes. You are death, you are a Super Saiyan.

WTF?! No way! I have to go back and rethink everything.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's no way! It's impossible. That's too powerful!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's no way! It's impossible. That's too powerful!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Super Saiyan 10 is the 10th and final Super Saiyan transformation, succeeding Super Saiyan 9.

The form is death, it is godly. All your fur turns black, including your eyes and hair. :ssj:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
"Yes... yes, this power will do just nicely."
Goku, Goku Jr, Vegeta, Vegeta Jr upon transforming.

Obtaining Super Saiyan 100 or Uber Saiyan is extremely difficult because the only known ways to obtain it are to train for one's absolute peak for 5 full years in the Super Saiyan 10 form, or to absorb an amount of energy equivalent to that of 5 Super Saiyan 10s. Once one of these is accomplished, the Saiyan immediately transforms. Goku was first to achieve this form, by traveling into the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, intending to train in preparation for the arrival of the Galaxy Destroyers on Earth, and then ended up escaping with Instant Transmission after transforming (since the exit had long since vanished), as he felt the power of the form was more than enough to achieve victory. During the battle with Galaxy Destroyers Vegeta, Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr had decide to train in their Super Saiyan 5 forms in order to help goku who was fighting a really hard battle with them.

Super Saiyan Infinity multiplies the base form by 1,024,000,000x it's normal amount. In this form, The very power that the Super Saiyan Infinity form possesses can easily destroy omniverses if not properly controlled. The tremendous power that the Super Saiyan Infinity possess can easily shake omniverses, and just turning into the form can easily destroy omniverses.

Trivia
  • While this form would technically be called Super Saiyan 11, Kibito Kai states that the form is "far too powerful to merit just a one number increase", and begins referring to it as Super Saiyan Infinity instead.

• The Super Saiyan Infinity form gives users a new attack called Infinity x Spirit Bomb which allows them to gather energy from every dimension and multiply its power by Infinity . And users also gains the Ten-Trillion Kamehameha.

• A Saiyan in this form is completely calm (Which is the reason why Goku and Goku Jr are able to form the Spirit Bomb in this form).

• While this form is reached following Super Saiyan 10, it does not resemble that form at all, and instead resembles previous forms much more closely. The reason for this is that it is actually Ape-lineage Super Saiyan form (Not a True Super Saiyan form), but much more powerful than the others.

• Interestingly Super Saiyan Infinity multiplies the power of the Super Saiyan 10 by 100. This is one reason why Kibito Kai refers to it as Super Saiyan Infinity.

• The only transformations more powerful than the Super Saiyan 100 is Super Saiyan Infinity and Super Saiyan God forms. [1]

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
WTF man I came into this thread expecting to do basic arithmetic and you've got me doing theoretical physics here!

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
where were you the day goku turned ssj?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's up with all the animal people. Do they have the same rights as regular people?

long ago dog guy wished for his family to rule over earth as a monarchical dynasty. thats all i know

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

if in death you just kick it with your friends & family in the afterlife in your own body then who gives a gently caress about death? what consequence is there to being dead?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lamebot posted:

long ago dog guy wished for his family to rule over earth as a monarchical dynasty. thats all i know

Hmm, i would like to know more. Is a dog person allowed to marry a human person?

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hmm, i would like to know more. Is a dog person allowed to marry a human person?

kill you are self furry human being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

TwoFire posted:

kill you are self furry human being

I was asking for a friend, GOSH!

• Locked thread