Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dr.Caligari posted:

I know it was talked about some in another thread (quite possibly by you), but what about the current state and future of Chinese films, particularly kung fu movies? I would love a decent copy of The Master of the Flying Guilottine, 36 chambers of Shaolin and epecially, The Miracle Fighters

I can tell you right off the top of my head that all the Shaw Bros. stuff (so, 36 Chambers at least) is pretty decently preserved. At least, all the copies I've seen floating around of Shaw Bros. films look fine.

Master of the Flying Guillotine, though, is gonna need some serious work. The best copy I've been able to find is spliced between like 2 or 3 different film sources and they all look like rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm not one hundred percent on the prints being well-preserved, it's not as if they do repertory screenings of kung-fu movies often, but from the DVDs it looks like Celestial Pictures has been taking decent care of them.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeah, PS3s are region free for games but as far as I know you have to hack them for all-region blu-ray playback.

• Locked thread